2012/2013 Premier League Season + FA & League Cup chat

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 2,947 comments
The loan move of fabio was always on the cards..but im quite surprised with the park move! he has always been a good, solid player for us!

Bad move for Park Ji Sung. His forte was the champions league matches and now he won't be playing any

Yeah I was a bit surprised at the Park move. He was one of my favourite players at UTD, hard worker, always gave it his all. Shame to see him leave.

John Terry's race trail started today, he has pleaded not guilty..unsurprisingly!! if found guilty he will only get a £2.500 fine!!!!

I doubt he'll get found guilty. He's already got to decide when his trial takes place and was not suspended until the verdict like what would happen to everyone else. 👎 Everyone will look pretty stupid if he ends up getting found guilty after all this so it won't happen.

So Man Utd dumped Park and signed Kagawa? I'm sure Shinji's whore girlfriend will enjoy sleeping with the rest of the team. :lol:

So Man Utd dumped Park and signed Kagawa? I'm sure Shinji's whore girlfriend will enjoy sleeping with the rest of the team. :lol:
In other news, now that Man Utd have signed Kagawa, John Terry is in negotiations with Sir Alex Ferguson. :lol:

I don't know if you get that but I found it pretty funny.

Yes it is!!!

Liverpool are about to sign Fabio borini from Roma (subject to medical)..its interesting that rodgers is going after ex-swansea players because he cant sign any of the current ones!

You guys have to fill me in on the terry and giggs jokes lol.

Lets just say they're not satisfied with just having wives, and are reasonable prolific about it, enough to be on the front page of the papers :lol:

Lets just say they're not satisfied with just having wives, and are reasonable prolific about it, enough to be on the front page of the papers :lol:

Oh, that's a surprise. :lol:

Yes it is!!!

Liverpool are about to sign Fabio borini from Roma (subject to medical)..its interesting that rodgers is going after ex-swansea players because he cant sign any of the current ones!

That is interesting... in other related news Aquilani is set to stay at Liverpool for one more year. If Joe Cole decides to stay too then they'll have way too many midfielders.

Lankay
That is interesting... in other related news Aquilani is set to stay at Liverpool for one more year. If Joe Cole decides to stay too then they'll have way too many midfielders.

Aquilani! Totally forgot about him. He was a total beast on my Ultimate Team back in 09, could surprise a few people if he finds form. Also I thought Joe Cole was doing good in France last I heard, Wouldn't mind him back at Chelsea. 💡

As for Borini, he used to he at Chelsea with Di Santo. Not quite sure what the point of having youth teams is if you're just going to get rid of all the prospects.

So the new season is about a month away now...any early predictions???

1. Man City - Pretty sure they will regain the title, no big signings as of yet though.
2. Chelsea - Unpredictable, will largely depend on whether Di Matteo can maintain momentum. Hazard will either be either be a total flop or brilliant.
3. Man United - Will be close, that's for sure.
4. Liverpool - With Van Persie going and AVB at Spurs, I think Liverpool have a good chance of getting back in the top 4. Rogers is an excellent manager and Carrol is finding form.
18. Reading - Will be close, I'l go for Reading although it's anyone's guess really.
19. Swansea - With Rogers gone I think they could suffer from second season syndrome and struggle for points.
20. Norwich - Same as Swansea.

Anyone want to predict the SPL winner ? :lol:

Well..i think the title race will be really close and it will be between the two manchesters and chelsea, now i support man united and swansea so id love to say that united will win the title but i think anyone of those three can win it tbh!

The battle for 4th and the europa spots will be pretty much the same as last season..arsenal, spurs, liverpool, newcastle, everton and maybe sunderland or villa involved.

I think the relegation battle is wide open as well, southampton will be favourites for the drop, im not sure about reading as they have bought some good players like Pogrebnyak, but west ham and norwich will be in the fight as will west brom, i think the swans will be fine, we have appointed a good manager and signed some good players so far..:)

There are rumours that Liverpool want to sell Andy Carroll to fund for Theo Walcott. If I were them they should sell Stewart Downing instead, Carroll is still young, and although he has had a bad season, at least he does show he can get quite prolific at goal scoring. Walcott's speed would provide him all the free space to comfortably supply Carroll. Also it'll speed up Liverpool's game a little, they were agonizingly slow last season.

There are rumours that Liverpool want to sell Andy Carroll to fund for Theo Walcott. If I were them they should sell Stewart Downing instead, Carroll is still young, and although he has had a bad season, at least he does show he can get quite prolific at goal scoring. Walcott's speed would provide him all the free space to comfortably supply Carroll. Also it'll speed up Liverpool's game a little, they were agonizingly slow last season.

Who would buy Downing though after last seasons 0 Goals and 0 Assits performance in the BPL, better to keep him now as he can't get worse.

Carroll never fitted Liverpool's system in the first place, he certainly won't now but because they paid silly money for him they won't sell him yet. I expect a loan move this season.

Liverpool will only play slower under Rodgers, his teams like to play it sideways and backwards far more than forwards.

Carroll would probably be ignored more as Rodgers has Suarez and now Borini to put up front. All Liverpool need is a goal scorer. There were so many chances missed last season.
I don't see why Newcastle want Carrol back, they have two strikers who lit up the season last year with their goal scoring record. Ba and Cisse were amazing over the different halves of the season. At least at Liverpool Carroll has a chance of starting.

On a side not, which players would you like to see in the premiership in the future?

id like to see..Neymar, Wilfried zaha, Alan Dzagoev and Mesut Ozil

Nathan Redmond of birmingham and Jordan Rhodes of hudderfield as well..

Why would Walcott leave a champions league team for Liverpool? You'd think after they'd signed the two donkeys in Carroll and Downing Liverpool would realize their level. Unless FSG pump over 120 million into Liverpools squad this summer they'll remain a midtable team. The amount of crap in those squads is ridiculous.

Why are QPR nicking all our players?

Also, they got the wrong brother. Fabio is a suitable replacement for Evra when needed. Rafael is normally completely hopeless when playing right back and has very few redeeming qualities, and makes terrible decisions. Yes, he is like the only normal right back we even really have, but we can play Jones, Smalling or Valencia at right back with good success. He's just gonna end up in the typical South American rejects league in Brazil (hint: Ronaldinho, Adriano and now Forlan it would seem...).

You don't actually follow football do you? Rafael is going to be an absolutely cracking right back. Name me a big name winger that has had a successful game against him in the last couple of years and i'll call you a liar. Like Rio Ferdinand in his youth, Rafael suffers from a lack of concentration against lesser sides and you get certain games like Everton last year, but against top sides he's been mostly brilliant. Jones, Smalling and Valencia are not right backs and never will be. The only reason Jones and Smalling get time out there is to get game time and that generally coincides with Rafaels injuries.

Also park was let go because it was clear that his future at United was limited. He was awful last season and has lost the hustle and bustle that made him such a good player for United. His age and experience will come in handy at QPR's level, but he's not technical enough to reinvent his game ala Scholes and Giggs.

Latest Posts

Back