2012 Belgian Grand Prix

• Thread starter That90sGuy
  • 826 comments
I think we have seen the last surprise winner for this season. The big budget teams have used the break to improve the car in a way the smaller teams cannot compete with. All remaining races will be won by either Ferrari, Red Bull or McLaren wich is really unfortunate since i really would like Räikkönen to win this race.

I think Hamilton have had all the bad luck he will have for this season and will win, comfortably.

Chin up guys, 1 lotus is still a big budget team, 2 kimi is always a different here, he really comes alive, 3 it hasn't taken kimi long to get back up to pace in F1 but I do feel that this specific place he will find the extra 10ths that he needs to be on top even if the renault power plant is lacking,

Just look to the past, he was the last person to win for ferrari before alonso went there and that win was the only ferrari win for that season, and he got it here, he almost won here in 02 in the sauber then he won here from 03 not 04 then 05,06 and 08, he wakes up here lol

I think we have seen the last surprise winner for this season. The big budget teams have used the break to improve the car in a way the smaller teams cannot compete with. All remaining races will be won by either Ferrari, Red Bull or McLaren wich is really unfortunate since i really would like Räikkönen to win this race.

I think Hamilton have had all the bad luck he will have for this season and will win, comfortably.

Seriously? The Lotus was clearly faster than the Mclaren in the last race and Hamilton only held on because the track was so narrow, Lotus have made some major upgrades for this race so I would say Kimi is favourite to win especially when you consider his Spa record.

Peasantslayer
Seriously? The Lotus was clearly faster than the Mclaren in the last race and Hamilton only held on because the track was so narrow, Lotus have made some major upgrades for this race so I would say Kimi is favourite to win especially when you consider his Spa record.

Agreed! Even Grosjean can finish 1-3, i bet that the Lotus will get a double win if it dont rain in the quali or the race.

I'm basing my lack of confidence in Lotus solely upon previous years. They have been quick early in the season but have fallen back as it progresses. I hope that they will break that tradition but I'm not sure they will.

Just gunna stick my head in here vouch for how wet it was at Spa. Plenty of GP2ers were overshooting at the end of the straight after Eau Rouge. Didnt even stick about to see if the F1 guys bothered with prac2. There were rivers everywhere.
Weather forecast is clear though for the weekend.

TDZdave
Chin up guys, 1 lotus is still a big budget team, 2 kimi is always a different here, he really comes alive, 3 it hasn't taken kimi long to get back up to pace in F1 but I do feel that this specific place he will find the extra 10ths that he needs to be on top even if the renault power plant is lacking,

Just look to the past, he was the last person to win for ferrari before alonso went there and that win was the only ferrari win for that season, and he got it here, he almost won here in 02 in the sauber then he won here from 03 not 04 then 05,06 and 08, he wakes up here lol

I don't think Lotus has a very large budget though... Sufficient, but not that much.

But the Enstone team certainly has experience on winning, with multiple Drivers' and Constructors' championships won in both Renault and Benetton guises.

They're an interesting team to look out for, especially with Raikkonen's affinity to Spa + new updates. They're looking strong here. :)

There's still other front runners to consider though... Has Red Bull been hurt badly by the many investigations on their car? Would Ferrari be able to develop their car to be competitive enough for Alonso to retain his lead? Would Mclaren continue to sustain their improvements after Hungary? Etc etc

Just gunna stick my head in here vouch for how wet it was at Spa. Plenty of GP2ers were overshooting at the end of the straight after Eau Rouge. Didnt even stick about to see if the F1 guys bothered with prac2. There were rivers everywhere.

I'll save your time and just say that nobody even put a timed lap in during P2 👎

I'll save your time and just say that nobody even put a timed lap in during P2 👎

10 people set a time IIRC, they were on a lap when the clock ticked down to 0. Pic was 4 tenths faster than anyone else, we may be in for a shock tomorrow. :lol:

10 people set a time IIRC, they were on a lap when the clock ticked down to 0. Pic was 4 tenths faster than anyone else, we may be in for a shock tomorrow. :lol:

4 tenths? Was he the only driver who went above cruising speed without looping?

Well at least you can say that you got some real Spa weather when you get home.

Enjoy your stay on the most beautifull track in the world.

Lol, another over rated driver with a big wallet posted a "quick" (and I use the term extremely loosely) time, I hope it stay wet for the weekend, then narain karthikayan and pic duke it out for pole, then a dry race? Lol

Webber's got a five place penalty for changing his gearbox, saves him the trouble of losing positions off the start of the race.

Lol, another over rated driver with a big wallet posted a "quick" (and I use the term extremely loosely) time, I hope it stay wet for the weekend, then narain karthikayan and pic duke it out for pole, then a dry race? Lol

Bit harsh don't you think? How on earth is Charles Pic over-rated? Does anyone ever rave about Pic? And where is anyone claiming this is an example of how good he is?

Personally I think Pic has been the most impressive of Marussia/Virgins 2nd drivers so far as he's matched and beaten Glock much more consistently than d'Ambrosio or di Grassi did.
Certainly not a useless pay driver.

Bit harsh don't you think? How on earth is Charles Pic over-rated? Does anyone ever rave about Pic? And where is anyone claiming this is an example of how good he is?

Personally I think Pic has been the most impressive of Marussia/Virgins 2nd drivers so far as he's matched and beaten Glock much more consistently than d'Ambrosio or di Grassi did.

Word,totally agree with you!

Some people just say these things to shout .... Put Pic in a compeditive car,and these people will never say those particular things about him again...

Sometimes things never change!

Spy.

Totally agree with you
He's not useless, he's in a bad car, although he paid for the seat, I think he deserves a better one

he paid for the seat
Most drivers do these days.

It wouldn't surprise me if Glock leaves Marussia at the end of the season and the team takes someone else on. Glock was supposed to help the team develop the way Kovalainen has worked with Lotus/Caterham, but he's done absolutely nothing.

It wouldn't surprise me if Glock leaves Marussia at the end of the season and the team takes someone else on. Glock was supposed to help the team develop the way Kovalainen has worked with Lotus/Caterham, but he's done absolutely nothing.

How have you worked that one out? How is it Glock's fault the team hasn't progressed?

Latest Posts

Back