2012 European Grand Prix

• Thread starter Matty
  • 953 comments
BBC still haven't started showing Classic F1.. :grumpy:

BBC still haven't started showing Classic F1.. :grumpy:

I thought they had a different feature this time; the list of greatest drivers.

There is only a finite amount of classic races that they can show, and all of the ones shown in the past are still on BBC servers and can be found by a quick google search (Andrew Benson's blog - classic F1).

Can't watch anything on the BBC website (iPlayer) so I assume I can't watch the vids on there normal website.. :indiff:

And what I generally meant was that they haven't started showing there feature yet. At least on my way of viewing the red button content.

Sucks... I'll be on a flight during qualifying, but I should be able to watch the race live (and in German)!

There seems to be a lot of hype about Schumacher winning. Not sure if that's just to try and get more people to watch or because he managed that (non) pole position in Monaco. How amazing would 8 winners in 8 races be?!? Probably not gonna happen, but you never know.

I've got images in my head of this going down like a kid's playground picking teams for football. I had no idea it had been done so unprofessionally, just one up from picking it out of a hat!
I bet you wouldn't be feeling that way if the BBC had more-favourable races on its schedule.

^ Gosh I've got images in my head of this going down like a kid's playground picking teams for football. I had no idea it had been done so unprofessionally, just one up from picking it out of a hat!

I'm glad the BBC got Singapore though, I bet Valencia was the last one left on the table! :lol:

Valencia is the fat kid that has to go in goal.

Hey, I had to go in goal when we were playing football. Not because I was fat - quite the opposite; I looked like one good puff of wind would blow me over - but because I wasn't very fast. I got so good that I ended up representing my school as the keeper.

No, Valencia is Coach Bernie's kid who isn't very good, but Bernie places him in centre-forward anyway, so the other kids are forced to play with him.

First free practice results ended with the first 9 guys separated by 0.292 seconds. Looks close but obviously you don't know fuel loads.

Maldonado on top after the first practice session, followed by the 2 Red Bulls and a Mclaren. Alonso 5th, Di Resta 6th, Schumacher 7th, Rosberg 8th and Hamilton 9th.

This thread gets no love compared to all the other races, even Bahrain had a significant post amount within it :)

It's not that it's a bad track—having played it in both of the most recent F1 games, I'd say it's a fun track to race on—it's just that there's absolutely nowhere to overtake, and the races themselves are boring.

It's not that it's a bad track—having played it in both of the most recent F1 games, I'd say it's a fun track to race on—it's just that there's absolutely nowhere to overtake, and the races themselves are boring.

Felt the same way. There are places to overtake but sometimes the straight is just too short for cars to slipstream and the constant turning, curves and all makes it hard for the car at the back to follow closely. It's a fun track to be driven around, at least in a virtual life but there needs to be a lot of improvement to make this an interesting GP.

But seriously though, not being harsh to Valencia circuit but if this turns out to be a boring one, like it used to be, I'd rather watch the Bahrain GP over and over again.

But seriously though, not being harsh to Valencia circuit but if this turns out to be a boring one, like it used to be, I'd rather watch the Bahrain GP over and over again.

Yep, that was my point. The enclosed circuit makes Valencia even worse around some of the corners.

Vettel leads second practice session with Hulkenburg 2nd, Kobayashi 3rd, Schumacher 4th, Senna 5th, Di Resta 6th, Alonso 7th, Grosjean 8th, Webber 9th and Rosberg 10th. I get the feeling this is all going to change come Saturday afternoon (or whenever qualy is held).

It will most definitely change, but I don't think the different race, different winner thing will end just yet. It's still everyone's game...

I'm going to go out on a ledge here and say the different winner each race streak is going to be broken this weekend. Going to go out on another ledge and say it's going to be Vettel after he takes the pole position.

I'm going to go out on a ledge here and say the different winner each race streak is going to be broken this weekend. Going to go out on another ledge and say it's going to be Vettel after he takes the pole position.

I have a feeling that will happen too. I can picture him just running away with the race although it would be nice to have a good race in valencia for once.

I would say the only hope of keeping the streak going is Kimi but its a long shot.

:indiff:
My wife was disappointed to see the McLarens finishing P2 in 12th and 14th, but I informed her that there isn't much point in reading a whole lot into Friday times. In years past I've watched with delight when a rival driver has a bad Friday, only to return Saturday at or near the top of the time sheets. It's basically a test day and so they're just fiddling. P3 is when we can expect to see actual pace relative to the other guys.

1 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1:38.562

2 Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1:38.655

3 Kimi Räikkönen Lotus-Renault 1:38.759

4 Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes 1:38.819

5 Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1:38.892

6 Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1:39.084

7 Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1:39.141

8 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:39.178

9 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:39.318

10 Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault 1:39.357

11 Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1:39.358

12 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:39.395

13 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing 1:39.434

14 Bruno Senna Williams-Renault 1:39.543

15 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1:39.946

16 Jean-Eric Vergne STR-Ferrari 1:40.037

17 Daniel Ricciardo STR-Ferrari 1:40.134

18 Heikki Kovalainen Caterham-Renault 1:40.681

19 Mark Webber Red Bull Racing 1:41.282

20 Vitaly Petrov Caterham-Renault 1:41.931

21 Pedro de la Rosa HRT-Cosworth 1:42.758

22 Charles Pic Marussia-Cosworth 1:42.815

23 Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth 1:42.943

24 Timo Glock Marussia-Cosworth 1:43.124

Full FP3 results, looks like the Red Bulls were running higher fuel loads compared to the others.

...looks like the Red Bulls were running higher fuel loads compared to the others.

Actually according to the live timing they said that Webber may be having some problems with his car, he hardly did any running time at all.

Actually according to the live timing they said that Webber may be having some problems with his car, he hardly did any running time at all.

Yeah, webber had brake issues so didn't do any soft tyre running at all and vettel ran wide at turn 2 on his soft tyre run.

Back