2012 Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix

• Thread starter joetoml1n
  • 933 comments
Ah Monaco, where watching practice is entertaining just because watching any lap around this track is an absolute joy! My favourite part of the track is the run from Tabac to the Rascasse - on the limit, touching barriers, eating the kerbs.
I love the whole layout though, all of it is unique and challenging. I think the only "easy" corner is the hairpin. So many of the corners are the kind where you chuck the front of the car in, let it wash out and ride the understeer - feels fantastic when you're on a great lap as you feel the car perfectly and hit all of the sweet spots.

A wet race Monaco is an interesting possiblity, wet races here have almost always resulted in some very freak results or at least very, very good races.

My only bet is that Bernd Maylander will increase his laps led stat this year.

Ardius, thing is he's led 0 laps this year.

And if he does 20 laps on Sunday, he will still have led 0 laps unless the race starts under Safety Car conditions. :sly:

Ardius
Technicalities! You can't be lapped if you never officially started the race or entered it ;)

Can't lead one either so ;) :sly:

And more so the safety car always starts 25th on the grid unless we start under SC conditions.

ghskilla
I hope that the podium consists of Alonso, Schumacher, and Raikkonen. Can't wait for the race!

Same as. I want Kimi to win, Alonso second and the Schumi.

Looking forward to the race this weekend. Really hoping for 6 winner from 6 team so hope Raikonnen takes it. Vettel for second and button for third. Just think Lewis is going to get screwed somehow but I don't really care about him anyways.

I really hope Kimi gets his win this time (or at least a podium so we get to see him in the post race interview again :P) ...Though apparently; Raikkonen unsure on Monaco chances

Maybe he'd have better chances if he lost a couple o' pounds ;)

e18fac0619fa57e64dd95621a62f1849_view.jpg

...It's good to poke fun at your favourite driver right?

It won't be 6 from 6 as Maldonado will win again...

Imagine the odds you'd have got at the start of the season on Maldonado being the first double winner!

If Senna wins this race, you all owe me cake. All of you.

I wouldn't be too surprised though, if one of the Williams drivers managed to steal a victory here. The Williams is good on its tyres, which will help here considering that we will be using the two softest compounds. The Williams isn't fast enough to grab a pole position, but considering that Maldoando qualified 8th here last year, in what was a dreadful car, top 5 in qualifying is not impossible.

"There are 7 10 winners of the Monaco Grand Prix on the starting grid today, and four of them are Michael Schumacher"
-Murray Walker, corrected for this week's race.

I'll take the statistical favorite.

hawkeye122
"There are 7 10 winners of the Monaco Grand Prix on the starting grid today, and four of them are Michael Schumacher"
-Murray Walker, corrected for this week's race.

I'll take the statistical favorite.

Was my signature for ages.

That and: "Are my eyes deceiving me here or does Senna's Lotus sound rough?"

ROAD_DOGG33J
Those statistics are for the old Schumacher and not the new old Schumacher.

Your basically saying: Schumacher does not equal Schumacher.

Doesn't really matter cause nevertheless he's still won it multiple times.

No that's not what I said. Schumacher's comeback is pretty bad and him winning it multiple times before is irrelevant. Schumacher is statistically favorite for retiring out of the race.

ROAD_DOGG33J
No that's not what I said. Schumacher's comeback is pretty bad and him winning it multiple times before is irrelevant. Schumacher is statistically favorite for retiring out of the race.

I just mean no matter what the fact can't be changed that he's still four of the winners on that grid ;)

And unfortunately he is the favourite to retire, but with the way this seasons gone so far who's to say he won't lap everyone. Twice. :sly:

Schumacher winning multiple times is NOT irrelevant. He won them and you just cannot take it away from him. There are several world champions in the current season Vetel being the latest and current champion, Are the others irrelevant ? NO there not.

Here's a picture if a new building being put up right on the seaside. Still under construction.

Atmb6K8CIAA37xN.jpg:large

Latest Posts

Back