2012 Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix

• Thread starter joetoml1n
  • 933 comments
It wasn't a problem. He decided he didn't like the Monaco-spec steering system and wanted it changed, which meant he would not be able to return to the circuit for the rest of the session.

I see.. ESPN feed said he had a problem with the steering rack. Thanks for the correction!

gorsad
Go Massa, it'd be nice to see him kind of at the front. Hamilton in 4th, was hoping for better.

He was fastest when he was lapping, I think track evolution is a big factor in P1

Raikkonen's helmet for this race:

3jqpg2.jpg

Nice. And funny that this can be done because F1 drivers of old had iconic simple helmets that became their identity on-track. And remain remembered.

My sister's friend is going down to Monaco with her family this weekend, and one of her cousins got a ticket to a party on Eddie Irvine's Yacht!

I desperately want Kobayashi to win this one, if anyone can overtake here it's him!

Despite first practice I still think Hamilton will get pole or at least a front row start. I can't wait to see what happens in Q3 on saturday. :)

Confused as to where Fangio came in the last race now..

Fangio retired on lap 24 (of 80, for 504km) of the '50 Italian GP at Monza with gearbox maladies. He earned one point due to setting the fastest lap. In those days, the scoring system was 8-6-4-3-2 for 1st through 5th, with a point for Fastest Lap. Also, drivers could split points if the car was shared.

Respectfully,
Steve

Can see it now. One of the Lotus runs into the back of another car accidentally and takes it out of the race and 5000 pops up as a result. :lol:

Yeah angry birds is now a Lotus sponsor (I also read that Caterham signed with sponsorship agency; 'Slingshot' haha)

Vettel's helmet cam is intense, though i wish it was zoomed out a little...

Also, with the amount of helmet cams we've seen throughout the last years, why the hell they don't broadcast more of the footage? :/

Yeah angry birds is now a Lotus sponsor (I also read that Caterham signed with sponsorship agency; 'Slingshot' haha)

Its a pity they have James Hunt's helmet which makes everything look super cool and nostalgic... then in the same weekend plaster a comic bird on the front :ouch:

Vettel's helmet cam is intense, though i wish it was zoomed out a little...

Also, with the amount of helmet cams we've seen throughout the last years, why the hell they don't broadcast more of the footage? :/

Some sort of "steady-cam" system would be appreciated. After lunch, prolonged viewing can cause nausea...

Karthikeyan faster than his team mate and both Virgins in First practice? Now, i don't want to get ahead of myself, but a win is around the corner for that team.

I also like how this year, the top 10 or even 12 drivers are almost always separated by just a second.

I expect Ferrari to be strong as well as Wiliams and Lotus. Eithet Ferrari or Williams will this race, they have the drivers and team behind them to pull it off.

Karthikeyan faster than his team mate and both Virgins in First practice? Now, i don't want to get ahead of myself, but a win is around the corner for that team.

I also like how this year, the top 10 or even 12 drivers are almost always separated by just a second.

Well if a safety car is deployed and he finds himself in the front of the field after a strange accident he is definitely a hard man to overtake :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the press conference, the drivers were Webber, Schumacher, Hamilton, Maldonado, Grosjean and Pic.

One of the questions to all the drivers (except Maldonado) was to rate their own chances of becoming the 6th winner this season. Webber, Schumacher, Hamilton & Grosjean went on about how anything could happen and yeah it was possible, while Pic just looked glum... Cruel.

What?? Practice on a Thursday :confused: ?
Practice is always on a Thursday in Monaco. It's so that they can open up the track tomorrow to let the locals get about, so the place is only shut for 2 days running and not 3.

Button leads the second practice session by 4 tenths, behind him is Romain and then the Ferrari's of Massa and Alonso. Was a bit surprised to see Massa ahead of Alonso, hope to stays true for qualifying.

Maldonado in 5th, his teammate's all the way in 13th. The Red Bull's seem to be struggling in 7th and 10th, or they might just have been sandbagging.

I didn't actually watch the practice session so I'm not sure if any of my conclusions are correct though.

I didn't actually watch the practice session so I'm not sure if any of my conclusions are correct though.

It was a rain interrupted session. Button's time was, obviously, set before the rain. No one could touch his time after that for obvious reasons. Can't remember exactly when it started, but I'd say about 25 minutes into the session.

Button leads the second practice session by 4 tenths, behind him is Romain and then the Ferrari's of Massa and Alonso. Was a bit surprised to see Massa ahead of Alonso, hope to stays true for qualifying.

Maldonado in 5th, his teammate's all the way in 13th. The Red Bull's seem to be struggling in 7th and 10th, or they might just have been sandbagging.

Button was 99% perfect on that lap. I think we saw the fastest a Williams can go round there (on those tires and fuel load, etc without chancing hitting a barrier).

With Grosjean I felt the Lotus have it in them to be (again) the fastest car. But then, rain...

Can't wait for Sunday!

Back