2012 Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix

• Thread starter joetoml1n
  • 933 comments
I want to see more shots of Maldonado's eyebrow.

When's the last time a new winner then won another, for two in a row?

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

The new building may have just ruined the tunnel exit. In my opinion, a Formula 1 car's on board camera out of the tunnel is beautiful. Get hit by the immense sunlight, only to find the amazing view of the harbor and the pool and the grandstands.

I want to see more shots of Maldonado's eyebrow.

When's the last time a new winner then won another, for two in a row?

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it was Lewis Hamilton, with Canada and USA in 2007.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it was Lewis Hamilton, with Canada and USA in 2007.

This is true.
The first time was 1951, with Ascari winning Nurburgring then Monza with his 4.5 liter Ferrari.

Respectfully,
Steve

Last edited:
This will have to stand as correct until shown otherwise!

Respectfully,
Steve

Edit: Alberto Ascari, 1951; won Nurburgring then Monza with his 4.5 liter Ferrari.

Surely that must be the first time that ever happened.

Surely that must be the first time that ever happened.

Yes, for F1, which goes back to 1950. But GP racing goes back many years before that. So it might well have happened earlier.

Respectfully,
Steve

Well, in the first year of F1, we had a debut champion. (obviously)

So maybe in the first year of GP racing the same person won the first two races.

Well, in the first year of F1, we had a debut champion. (obviously)

So maybe in the first year of GP racing the same person won the first two races.

In the first year, 1950, it went like this:

Farina: 1st* - dnf - 1st* -3rd* - dnf - 1st =30 pts
Fangio: dnf - 1st* - dnf - 1st - 1st* - FL* = 27
Fagioli: 2nd - dnf - 2nd- 2nd- 2nd - (3rd) = 24

*includes point for FL

Dotini
In the first year, 1950, it went like this:

Farina: 1st* - dnf - 1st* -3rd* - dnf - 1st =30 pts
Fangio: dnf - 1st* - dnf - 1st - 1st* - FL* = 27
Fagioli: 2nd - dnf - 2nd- 2nd- 2nd - (3rd) = 24

*includes point for FL

Don't know what FL means, but I've been proven wrong.

Confused as to where Fangio came in the last race now..

If Senna wins this race, you all owe me cake. All of you.

I wouldn't be too surprised though, if one of the Williams drivers managed to steal a victory here. The Williams is good on its tyres, which will help here considering that we will be using the two softest compounds. The Williams isn't fast enough to grab a pole position, but considering that Maldoando qualified 8th here last year, in what was a dreadful car, top 5 in qualifying is not impossible.

If Senna wins in Monaco i'll happily buy a cake, plant my face in it, take a picture and upload it to GTPlanet.

If a Williams wins it's going to be Maldonado. At any other circuit I wouldn't take the risk; but it's Monaco (I am aware Senna beat him here in GP2, but i'm still fairly confident).

I like the building, adds to the street race feel. But I wouldn't want buildings like that all over the harbor, don't want it too crowded.

Come on Ambrosia, spill the beans! (there we go, a voiceless Ted Kravitz mentioned Kimi is using a replica James Hunt helmet, as opposed to what Crofty was saying about it showing a certain video game character...)

Edit; not liking the changes to the swimming pool section at all :crazy:

Last edited:
For a quick note, my brother and several other members of the Ariel Atom Owners' Club UK will be driving round the "circuit" on Friday.

Bad session for Raikkonen, I think he had a steering rack problem. Kovalainen had a big blow at the end, brought up a red flag and eventually ended up the session altogether. So, Alonso in front with Grosjean, Perez and Maldonado in top 5. Now I want them to keep this pace up!

Bad session for Raikkonen, I think he had a steering rack problem.
It wasn't a problem. He decided he didn't like the Monaco-spec steering system and wanted it changed, which meant he would not be able to return to the circuit for the rest of the session.

Back