2012 Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix

• Thread starter joetoml1n
  • 933 comments
Man that was a sweet race, I was thinking Webber will some how screw up since he has worn slicks on a damn track while under pressure.

But he deserved that win.

But what were they talking about protesting about the RBR?

Well done Webber!!

Rakionen, Hamilton, Massa, Grosjean, schumacher. All have a chance to make it 7 for 7.

It's amazing how close the Driver's Championship is - Webber is only 3 points off the top spot, having scored just one podium finish in 6 races. Hamilton is only 13 points off the lead, having not won a single race.

Great drive from Mark Webber - I hope that Red Bull are not stripped of their points in this race, otherwise Rosberg could net an unlikely 2nd win of the season - but I think that is pretty unlikely to happen.

Race Results:

1st: Mark Webber does an excellent job of controlling the pace all race long to win the Monaco Grand Prix on a single stopper. In fact, nobody in the top ten did more than one stop. Great drive for him. Six for Six.

2nd: Nico Rosberg: The Merc has never been known for good race distance pace, but the car worked terrific all weekend long. Good result for Nico.

3rd: Fernando Alonso: We can finally say it. Ferrari's back. Alonso had a very good race and very good pace.

4th: Sebastian Vettel: Good gamble on using the "Soft" tires first. Catapulted him up into 4th. But seeing as how Webber managed to qualify second, start on pole and finish first... could Vettel have potentially seen a podium going the other way?

5th: Lewis Hamilton: Not a great day for Hamilton, couldn't get the pace out of the tires in the first stint and lost places in the pits.

6th: Felipe Massa: Ferrari's back? The big news is that Felipe's back, baby. Felipe's back.

7th, 8th, 9th, 10th... who cares... they were nearly a lap back... Good job for Di Resta and Hulkenberg. Kimi Raikkonen got screwed by team strategy... again... and Bruno Senna finishes higher than Pastor Maldonado... who doesn't finish at all.

C'mon... give the man a microphone... Mark was singing the anthem! Have some respect! :lol:

They seem to be instructed not to spray champagne on the royal family, i remember Senna trying that one time there and they tried to stop him immediatly :) '87 i think.

How about Schumacher?

Not a good bet :P

dang, WEB really enjoying that huge bottle of bubbly champagne. wonder what it tastes like... :drool::drool:

Back