2012 Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix

• Thread starter joetoml1n
  • 933 comments
But Schumacher is great around Montreal.
If he qualify's first, then all he needs is some luck. Which he has had zero of so far.

Biggest losers for the race:

Pastor Maldo... wait... that's beating a dead horse, really...

Sergio Perez: Not just a scrappy race... a very scrappy race. He's going to be popular in the stewards' office this weekend.

Jenson Button: Okay, so he retired like Schumi did... but really, his race was going nowhere before that.

Lewis Hamilton: Lost third place on poor first stint pace. Perhaps the McLarens had some set-up issues this weekend, but it's a shame.

Kimi Raikkonen: Okay, so he actually finished with points, but Romain's retirement wasn't his fault. Kimi may have gotten the short end of the stick on strategy, but he should have just called his own...

-----

Biggest winners:

Felipe Massa: Qualified well. Ran well.

Paul Di Resta: Seriously, get this man a chair.

Mark Webber: Didn't set a foot wrong all race long. Superb control.

Great job by Webber, nice to see him win.

Really nice last lap battle between Webber, Nico, Alonso, Vettel and for a moment, Hamilton. Was hoping Hamilton could take Vettel but it wasn't to be.

This race wasn't as exciting as the other ones but still pretty good, here's hoping for 7 from 7 (Hamilton FTW) in 2 weeks time.

Last edited:
Yeah! Webber wins it!

Driver of the day: Sebastian Vettel.

Unfortunately, that position was enabled by the qualifying gamble that had him start on the Softs instead of the Super-Softs. Given that Webber qualified on pole pace, Vettel had a legitimate chance at a win or a podium if he'd simply tried to qualify for pole, I think. The only ones he overtook in position who weren't involved in a crash or incident were Massa, Kimi and Hamilton... and of those three, Hamilton and Raikkonen were having big tire issues in that first stint. If he'd tried a qualifier, he could have started around Hamilton or Alonso and, with the great start that the RBR can do due to the light fuel load, he could have been in third immediately, with a chance of challenging Nico in the pits.

Or... he could have been starting from pole... and winning from it.

Rubbish race as usual around here.

Great performance by Webber.

Cheat of the day award winner Vettel. Taking a short cut to avoid an accident is one thing. Gaining positions doing it is not. 👎

Why would Red Bull be stripped of their points?

Heard them say it during the race.

Imagine if the race started 15 minutes later....

Would have been like last year, red flagged then change tires on grid
Would not have been as intense if it did happen this way.

There was something about that prerace on spanish TV, they tried to ask Martin Whitmarsh but he did not wanna comment on it.

Bad luck and also bad driving at times, look at the *ss raping he gave Senna 2 weeks ago.

But when he qualifies good, he has someone mess him up (See Malaysia) and/or car problems. Senna's accident was his fault, but he was doing well here and a stupid mechanical failure caused him to retire.

On a side note, breaking news: Senna Fans Sabotage Schumacher's Car To Keep the Record.

Cheat of the day award winner Vettel. Taking a short cut to avoid an accident is one thing. Gaining positions doing it is not. 👎

He gained no positions doing that....he was already ahead of raikkonen before grosjean crashed. Maybe you should know the facts before posting.

Some of the other top teams are complaining that the floor of the Red Bull is illegal because of a hole in it at the front of the rear wheel. If the teams protest and its found to be illegal they will probably be thrown out of the race.

I thought that too until I saw the replay.He has behind Massa before and after so he didnt gain any spots over any cars that werent wrecking.

Highlight of the day
60518439145343351.jpg

I thought that too until I saw the replay.He has behind Massa before and after so he didnt gain any spots over any cars that werent wrecking.

Yep. Just check the recording in slow motion. No position gained. My bad. :ouch:

Back