2012 Formula One United States Grand Prix

Going to hope for a Vettel win and an Alonso 6th or worse, or having them finish in any order that puts Vettel just out of reach at Brazil really.

Thirded. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a borefest like an average race in Valencia.

Going to hope for a Vettel win and an Alonso 6th or worse, or having them finish in any order that puts Vettel just out of reach at Brazil really.

Yes, let's end arguably one of the most, if not the most, exciting season in modern Formula 1 on a boring note. I personally want an Alonso win with Vettel 3rd, or anything that puts Alonso equal to Vettel. That way we actually have an exciting end of the season, with Vettel and Alonso having to outplace the other in Brazil to win the championship.

FIA removed every single Ferrari strong point. Test on tracks for instance, no more engine development, yesterday they went to Spain to make a stupid aero test, in FIA opinion going to spain it's cheaper than test at Fiorano.
F1 it's 80% politics and money 20% sports.

Oh and I shouldn't even answer to a post like that. If you have a couple of eyes you can see the gif image. If you have a brain you can take your own conclusions. If you are a troll you can keep trolling and I won't bother.

I'm getting the impression that you are not very quick at picking up on sarcastic statements.

Thirded. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a borefest like an average race in Valencia.

I seriously doubt it. This circuit is more akin to India than Valencia... which may not be helping anything. :lol: I think the last corner, the first corner, and turn 12 will provide some overtaking opportunities, and the first sector will be challenging if there's any kind of wheel to wheel racing.

I don't get your sentence at all...

You say you want Vettel to win the CC this weekend,then you say you want Vettel to have a no points finish and have him out of the CC contest in Brasil...which is not possible mind you!

?????????

Spy.

Vettel recently tried to state that he and Alonso are equally worthy of the title, saying that their DNF misfortunes equal out, ignoring of course that his own were mechanical and that Alonso's relevant DNF was Grosjean's direct intervention and interference of race results.

Anways, I'm worried about the pace of (Vettel's) RBR, it's performance was somewhat padded during the Abu Dhabi race due to starting last, but it certainly looks like if Vettel had pole there, he would have won by a fistful of seconds. Thankfully for final two races, med/hard tyres are used and are more Ferrari/McLaren/Sauber territory, although I expect that being a top team, there's a good chance they are aware of this and have worked to improve the car's suitability... I hope not so much.

The Austin circuit looks interesting, I can see some tricky battles going on here especially on the exit of the first corner, looks rather narrow. (whole circuit seems shaped like a microscope :P )

spyrrari
I don't get your sentence at all...

You say you want Vettel to win the CC this weekend,then you say you want Vettel to have a no points finish and have him out of the CC contest in Brasil...which is not possible mind you!

?????????

Spy.

It's clear. He's saying that he wants Vettel to win the championship in Austin or at least put himself so far ahead of Alonso that it's virtually guaranteed.

RTSolvalou
Vettel recently tried to state that he and Alonso are equally worthy of the title, saying that their DNF misfortunes equal out, ignoring of course that his own were mechanical and that Alonso's relevant DNF was Grosjean's direct intervention and interference of race results.[

What's your point? Ferrari's reliability has been excellent. Both drivers have lost points due to circumstances outside of their control.

Yeah, I mean, who the hell would want an extra race in the season that actually means something? If you had it your way Vettel would win it in the first race.

Vettel recently tried to state that he and Alonso are equally worthy of the title, saying that their DNF misfortunes equal out, ignoring of course that his own were mechanical and that Alonso's relevant DNF was Grosjean's direct intervention and interference of race results.

Anways, I'm worried about the pace of (Vettel's) RBR, it's performance was somewhat padded during the Abu Dhabi race due to starting last, but it certainly looks like if Vettel had pole there, he would have won by a fistful of seconds. Thankfully for final two races, med/hard tyres are used and are more Ferrari/McLaren/Sauber territory, although I expect that being a top team, there's a good chance they are aware of this and have worked to improve the car's suitability... I hope not so much.

The Austin circuit looks interesting, I can see some tricky battles going on here especially on the exit of the first corner, looks rather narrow. (whole circuit seems shaped like a microscope :P )

I don't know if they are equally worthy of the title, you would have to say Alonso the way he manages to qualify well under pressure even though his car seems to perform much better in the race.

I think the Lotus win was a bit of a one off, Kimi had the perfect start, Hamilton retired and Vettel started last. I haven't seen much of the track but it looks well designed with the exception of turn 1 where drivers will take off if they have there DRS open, Alonso might need to go for higher downforce than he normally goes for. Having said that I don't remember this being a problem in Spa.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean, who the hell would want an extra race in the season that actually means something? If you had it your way Vettel would win it in the first race.

He's in no way saying saying that he doesn't want the race at Brazil at all, but that he wants Vettel to do well enough this weekend so that the pressure is off at Brazil. He just wants Vettel to win the championship of Alonso, that's it and that's fair enough.

I dont agree at all, sure if he had pole he would have probably won it but he was third after qualification before he got kick out in the back, you remember right ? After that, they adjust his car and setting to be the most efficient in the race while other drivers had to keep their car that had a setup that was mixed for qualification and race.

During the race, he did a crazy good job I dont say otherwise, but he had 2 pace car that was very favorable (he didnt lost time when he change his wing because he was behind pace car) so yeah.

He was fast no doubt about it but he didnt have a dominant car like you seems to be saying.

With two races I'm still anticipating a point or two from the new teams, it could still happen!

The McLarens will be wearing a Verizon logo (for obvious reasons) this week. Wonder what other teams have made changes to their liveries.

A7syt3wCQAEMBM4.jpg

Changing the uniforms for one race would be too expensive. Changing the name for one race would be too difficult; they'd have to re-register with the FIA ahead of the race, and then re-register their name again afterwards to go back to Vodafone.

Changing the uniforms for one race would be too expensive. Changing the name for one race would be too difficult; they'd have to re-register with the FIA ahead of the race, and then re-register their name again afterwards to go back to Vodafone.

You seem to have forgotten about this promotion then. I doubt that a simple logo swap would be too much for the Vodafone-McLaren partnership, if I were in Vodafone's shoes I'd have every Vodafone logo swapped out for a Verizon one considering it's the inaugural race.

You seem to have forgotten about this promotion then. I doubt that a simple logo swap would be too much for the Vodafone-McLaren partnership, if I were in Vodafone's shoes I'd have every Vodafone logo swapped out for a Verizon one considering it's the inaugural race.

In Vodafone's case I'd swap the logos for every USGP considering (i) more American brands need to be represented to gain interest for F1 in the US market and (ii) Vodafone owns a large portion of Verizon.

Fred Phelps weighs in on Formula 1.

What don't they hate?

I'll be watching this race. I don't watch that much F1, but this is a race I really want to catch. NASCAR is on at around the same time, though, but I can just change the channel during commercial break.

Here's some title chase maths:

If Vettel finishes 1st with Alonso no higher than 5th, he wins the title.
If Vettel finishes 2nd with Alonso no higher than 9th, he wins the title.
If Vettel finishes 3rd with Alonso out the points, he wins the title.
If Vettel finishes 4th or lower, the title goes to Brazil. (Which it probably will with odds like that).

I get the feeling Hamilton will be pushing like crazy for the win in the last two races to prove a point.

He only has two more chances to race for McLaren and no doubt feels that he deserves a win after a pretty unlucky year. He's shown incredible pace all season and I'm sure he's going to want to show those fighting for the championship and everyone else that he should have been battling for it as well.

Back