2012 Formula One United States Grand Prix

Flying in today and really looking forward to attending my first GP.

One of my good friends from Portland is flying in with me, we have seats in the turn 12 grandstands, at the end of the DRS straight. :D

I'm really hoping someone finds a way to close the gap to Red Bull this weekend, I'd rather not see a predictable or processional race.

Fred Phelps weighs in on Formula 1.

I must have missed those obscure motor racing verses in the Torah. Or forgot about that sermon on the podium, where Jesus spoke out against the Grand Prix Drivers' Association. Although, God himself stopped the 1991 Australian Grand Prix after 14 laps, with a torrential downpour, but left suddenly to appear in a tortilla.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the intro to the album called war of ages. "The biggest cause of atheism in the world today is Christians..." I know they're baptist, not Christian but seriously, what's their problem.

Reminds me of the intro to the album called war of ages. "The biggest cause of atheism in the world today is Christians..." I know they're baptist, not Christian but seriously, what's their problem.

Their main problem is that Formula 1 is causing so much homosexuality and God really hates that.

Anyway, jealous of all you guys going to the race this year. I'm hoping to make it to Austin or NJ next year.

Fred Phelps weighs in on Formula 1.

Those idiots really need to 🤬 off and find something better to do. Welcome to America, F1, I hope you enjoy your stay. Religion, can't the intolerance just be set aside for once?

As for the title, I hope Alonso doesn't get wrecked at T1. If Alonso and Vettel have a good duel in Brazil I could care less who wins the title. (Although I'd still prefer it to be Alonso, I wouldn't mind Vettel fighting for it.)

Button thinks it will be better to start in P2 than P1 "It has a little more of a flat run up the hill, whereas P1 is straight into the hill."

Oh my goodness! I've met a lot of F1 drivers today. Lewis, Romain, kimi, Jerome. Also Martin Witmarsh, Ron Dennis, and John Button so far. We're waiting for Sebastian to check in. I have pictures too, some good, some not so good. :ouch:

Oh my goodness! I've met a lot of F1 drivers today. Lewis, Romain, kimi, Jerome. Also Martin Witmarsh, Ron Dennis, and John Button so far. We're waiting for Sebastian to check in. I have pictures too, some good, some not so good. :ouch:

Lucky man, I wish I was there instead of this :censored:hole. :drool:

Actually Grosjean seemed tired. I shook his hand, and said an awkward hello. It seemed like he really wanted to get to his room.

Lewis on the other hand. He was the standout, He is a really nice guy in person. Very cool to meet. :) He said hello and took pictures with quite a few people there. He was very friendly.

astrosdude91
Actually Grosjean seemed tired. I shook his hand, and said an awkward hello. It seemed like he really wanted to get to his room.

Lewis on the other hand. He was the standout, He is a really nice guy in person. Very cool to meet. :) He said hello and took pictures with quite a few people there. He was very friendly.

Seems he wants to make a good first impression for America. :)

He'll be in Mercedes next year, and I feel he'll be a brand tool for them. Popularity in America is only a positive for him and them. I'm not saying he's doing it just for show. But the person he is will work very well for Mercedes.

First reports say from the drivers that the track is more slippery than if it was wet :scared:

Maybe they should of brought softs instead of hards.

Isnt it bound to be like that with a brand new track?? theres no rubber put on it yet...

First reports say from the drivers that the track is more slippery than if it was wet :scared:

Maybe they should of brought softs instead of hards.

Hopefully they'll get enough rubber down on it for some decent qualifying.

Can't wait for the race. I've got the Speed streams up on my second monitor at work watching P1 :)

Hamilton's time stood at P1 for a while relative to the other fast times which suggests that he will be in with a decent chance this weekend. If Hamilton gets pole he will have the same number of poles as Mika Häkkinen and the same number of wins. Nice to see Mercedes up there. :)

First time in a long time I've posted in an F1 thread. You guys going there are lucky, If I could afford to go, I would have. Anyhow glad to see F1 back in America and even better, a current track didn't have to be butchered for it. Just noticed the Mclarens sporting Verizon logo, almost forgot about that deal.

Watching practice, looks like turn 19 looks just as difficult in real life as it does in game :lol:

Back