2012 Formula One United States Grand Prix

Yeah i was gonna mention that , Vodafone and Verizon aren't related are they ?

I believe they are as Verizon wireless is a joint venture between Verizon communications and Vodafone.

Track doesn't look too bad, turns 3-9 look like a lot of fun.

Quite a few people having problems at turn 19 and running wide. I agree with Anthony Davidson about having some grass instead of tarmac runoff :yuck:.

Also, not sure if it's just me but did anyone else notice how low the Red Bull front wings were at the end of the session when both Mark and Seb were in the pits ?
I can't remember them being that low :dunce:.

First time in a long time I've posted in an F1 thread. You guys going there are lucky, If I could afford to go, I would have. Anyhow glad to see F1 back in America and even better, a current track didn't have to be butchered for it. Just noticed the Mclarens sporting Verizon logo, almost forgot about that deal.

Watching practice, looks like turn 19 looks just as difficult in real life as it does in game :lol:

A very complex and intriguing track, and I'm thrilled to see F1 back. Because this is a modern course and has no doubt borrowed from several other older world tracks, as well as benefited immensely from the latest technology, it is going to open up a whole bunch of new physics challenges in racing.

Practice 2 is right now, correct?

SPEED has a live stream with Mercedes here if anyone is interested. Says P2 starts at 2pm EST but hasn't started streaming yet though, hence my question above.

The pit lane thing is irritating!!!!

Why do they have it. So many other tracks have entrances that are worst and no alarm. Spa as an example. In and Out are enclosed.

Odd That Jalopnik didn't include Tatsio Nouvlari ,wonder if the boys from Top Gear will watch the race they are in the states now anyway.

America is a monstrous market for motorsports; they already have Grand Am, MotoGP and Supercars scheduled here in Austin - the city must be happy.

America is a monstrous market for motorsports; they already have Grand Am, MotoGP and Supercars scheduled here in Austin - the city must be happy.

They also have the ALMS/WEC companion event scheduled as well.

Just watching on-board footage going up the hill into T1 sends chills down my spine, must be insane actually driving it.:nervous:

They also have the ALMS/WEC companion event scheduled as well.

That's great. The fascinating thing about this track is its versatility.
Drivers must be loving it; like they got new DLC! As for the engineers - fresh headaches I would think. :lol:
Comments from the announcers here that the field tends to get compressed after turn 6.

Turn 19 looks like an ice rink, a lot of cars are sliding sideways through it. You don't often see a F1 car do that!

Also with the amount of cars spinning on turn 1, it makes cars heading for that hard to see where they are as it is over the crest.

That's great. The fascinating thing about this track is its versatility.
Drivers must be loving it; like they got new DLC! As for the engineers - fresh headaches I would think. :lol:

New circuit blues, sort of expected to happen. Should be interesting to see who figures the circuit out.

alonso_pop.jpg

The Ferrari has prepared a good strategy for the next Grand-pre!they will give Massa a rifle and if Vettel takes a big led,then Massa will shoot out the rear tires of the RedBull of Vettel!:lol:

Last edited:
Turn 19 looks like an ice rink, a lot of cars are sliding sideways through it. You don't often see a F1 car do that!

Also with the amount of cars spinning on turn 1, it makes cars heading for that hard to see where they are as it is over the crest.

It's giving me the shivers already. Guys are slip-sliding like they were on Comfort Hards.

Edit: Button gets the needle up to 200 mph.

Last edited:
Back