2012 Formula One United States Grand Prix

The drivers will be desperate to be the last man over the line in Q3.

There we go. Vettel already in 1.35 don't think anyone will match him today.

That said, he's about 15kph slower on the straight. Pretty good aero on that RBR... Rubber nose or not.

They are just trying to keep up on the straights with their DDRS and using more downforce than everyone else.

At least Button didn't have his problem on race day, will he take a penalty for changing parts on his car? Hamilton is one weekend away from making it to Q3 at every race this year, Vettel looks unbeatable.

Anyone else in the States notice a steady increase of F1 themed sponsorship commercials this weekend? They're even still aggressively pushing F1 2012.

Hamilton only a tenth down. Alonso... this title is just dwindling away. Well, congratulations Vettel. It was a great 2/3 of the season.

Grosjeans penalty means Alonso is promoted... To the dirty side of the grid. That must be annoying.

Fair play to Hamilton, he got a lot closer than I expected but still a certain air of inevitability about it.

First corner should be interesting though, I really think they've overdone the gradient and nobody will want to push, if they have a heavy contact just before the apex the car is going to go flying.

See prisonermonkeys it was close in the end. ;) I hope Button was right about 2nd being the best place to start on the grid, If Lewis gets a better start and is aggressive into turn 1 then Seb will probably let him through. :) Alonso will be praying for rain at Interlagos.

Thought that Hammy did a massive effort to get that McLaren to second on the grid.

Impressive, when you think about how untouchable Vettel looked!

Not in race pace and it's not over until it's over. Vettel could retire and Alonso get onto the podium and it's game on for Brasil.

Well, let's just wait for it then. There might be a glimmer of hope, but it's a long shot.

Back