2012 GT Academy Racing Updates & News - CLOSED

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 241 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got any more info on those guys, including what they are actually doing this year? All of their sites are in other languages so I can't really tell what they are doing.

Nice to see more than just the winners getting involved. I'm going to the Watkins Glen 6 Hour at the end of June and Bryan is racing there so hoping I'll get to meet him:)

I updated the OP with some nice fancy graphics for all the winners and those who I have sufficient info for. There's a list at the bottom of other drivers who I was unable to find complete information on, mainly because of the language barrier. So if anyone can get me more information on those gentlemen, it would be appreciated. :)

Got any more info on those guys, including what they are actually doing this year? All of their sites are in other languages so I can't really tell what they are doing.
Same problem here...
All i can say is that i see their updates and pictures from time to time on Facebook but don´t understand anything precise :lol:
I think Chris Midmark is realy succesfull so maybe a finish member can tell us more.

Just a small correction Ralph Verberkt is dutch not german :cheers:

The website is in english and italian btw theres a button to change it. :dopey:

Anyway good luck to all GT-A participants in their respective series 👍.

Good luck at Monza this weekend Jann, give them hell :).

Btw that GTR is stunning :drool:.

Dont be afriad to come and say hi if you you see me!

Jann

I didn't spend much time around the pits today unfortunately.

Great race(s) today by the way, it was an unfortunate problem having that extra pit stop, but unlapping the leader showed the true pace today. :sly:👍

Did you get fastest lap?

I think 4th fastest in race 2 out of all the "pro and am" drivers. Which was nice.
Yes it was a shame really we would of been fighting for a top 3 for sure.
I had my GoPro in the car for P2 and quali, wish I put it in there for race 2! It was mega!

Jann.

I think 4th fastest in race 2 out of all the "pro and am" drivers. Which was nice.
Yes it was a shame really we would of been fighting for a top 3 for sure.
I had my GoPro in the car for P2 and quali, wish I put it in there for race 2! It was mega!

Jann.
Let's see that video Jann!
Good luck on Monza! Let us know how it goes!

GT Academy USA finalist Sean Johnston will be racing in Utah this weekend in his GT3 Cup car. Here are necessary links to follow him this weekend:

Race Schedule

Live Timing

Practice #1 is officially complete, and Sean is at the top of the charts. :)

306188_345523648830606_116735868376053_824328_1538648437_n.jpg

P2 for Sean in Race 1. He needed a few more laps to have a run for P1 though. He made up around 3 seconds to the leader in the last 5 laps but came up less than a second short.

R1600Turbo
P2 for Sean in Race 1. He needed a few more laps to have a run for P1 though. He made up around 3 seconds to the leader in the last 5 laps but came up less than a second short.

Still a very impressive performance, there is no doubting that.

Another 2nd place for Sean today. Was catching the leader again at the end, but came up half a second short. Headed to Laguna Seca next, hopefully he can get the top step of the podium there. :)

Laguna in a GT3 Cup Car? That sounds like a blast. Is he still active here? Thought I saw him poking around the GT Academy sub-forum the other day.

Just that one time, yeah. He's a pretty busy guy otherwise, so don't expect him to be around here much.

I need to catch up on what everyone else is doing & what their next race(s) are. Will do that tomorrow.

I had a question, maybe R1600 can answer, but how did some of the finalist's get into racing after the competition? Like how did Sean get into the Porsche Cup?

:dopey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back