2012 GT Academy Racing Updates & News - CLOSED

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 241 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hard work and having some or developing some great contacts.

LOTS more resources than I will ever have. Hence why if this year doesn't work out for me, I'm getting my CDL license because I don't have the money to wiggle my way in to my own ride. :D

Just in case nobody knows, Jordan Tresson will be in action this weekend at the 6 hours of Spa. Jordan and the Signatech team have qualified 14th in the LMP2 class, so they have some work cut out for them in the race. I'm sure they'll pull out a great finish though. :)

GT Academy action this weekend: Sean Johnston is back behind the wheel in his GT3 Cup car at Laguna Seca.

Results from first practice:

546022_353988121317492_116735868376053_844864_444333214_n.jpg

lucaz ordonez and Kaz will be running this next weekend at the ring

hopefully this car will make it in the game as DLC

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

MCNAGTROC

I think its next weekend.

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

I think its next weekend.

You are correct it is, the car to keep an eye out for is the Nissan GTR #123

Team GT Acadamy, car #123

Kazunori Yamauchi
Yasukichi Yamamoto
Tobias Schulze
Lucas Ordoñez

I think 4th fastest in race 2 out of all the "pro and am" drivers. Which was nice.
Yes it was a shame really we would of been fighting for a top 3 for sure.
I had my GoPro in the car for P2 and quali, wish I put it in there for race 2! It was mega!

Jann.

I'd just like to say that you're such a lucky guy! 👍

I can't imagine how it must be being amongst the winners of the GTAcademy and being a professional racing driver a year later.

"Well I was kinda good at playing this game. A year later I was driving one of the lead LMP2 class cars at Le Mans". Man, that must be so awesome to be able to brag about :lol:

Good luck with your career mate! :cheers:

Just saw Jann's post on Facebook about his Class Pole for this weekend, came here to update this thread and see that he's browsing it. :D

Hi Jann! Give 'em hell this weekend!

I'm a bit confused... Where and what class will Jann be running this weekend?

Jav
Sweet! I was under the impression he was going to run the N24 but the obvious didn't quite add up.
Congratz on the pole Jann! Well done! Best wishes on the race!

Lucas Ordonez is.

Lucas Ordonez is.

I knew about him, is the team using last year's car? For what I heard from the Radio LeMans guys the GT-R has a comfortable advantage on it's class...

There are only two cars in class (SP8T) and both are GT-R's, I guess thats the best comfortable advantage you could ever get :)

Team Nissan GT-R #23

Team GT Acadamy #123

I'm not sure if Kaz is using the same car from last year with improved aero pack (high rear spoiler etc) or the new Nismo GT-R GT3 that the Nissan team are running.

It's not a GT3 car. it's still 4WD like last year. Last years car was sold I think, so this is a new one. Both number 123 and 23 are the same spec. I think.

Edit. According to the live Radio Le Mans commentary this morning the GT-R's are more road car converted to race than race car.

Last edited:
Pictures of Kaz's car (and Lucas Ordonez's ) from last week (pictures arn't showing for me further up the page):

CiUd.jpg

CiUM.jpg

CiUY.jpg

CiVa.jpg

Jann was brilliant in the first stint. 👍

He should take what he did as a positive regardless of the result in the end.

For anyone that's interested, here's an on-board qualifying lap with Sean at last weekends Laguna Seca races.

^^ Man those Porsches have such an intense 'whine':drool:

...Also, 'hairy moment' at the top of the Rahal straight :nervous:

And people doubted the GT Academy. Sean is leading the championship by a decent margin. Not to take anything away from Jan, Lucas, Jordan or Brian, but the fact that Sean did not win the competition, and is kicking ass none the less really speaks to the talent Gran Turismo and the GT Academy can produce.

One more video for Sean. This was the last lap during the first race at Laguna where he crossed the line for the victory.

http://vimeo.com/42431848

Hi Jann! Seen you browsing the thread. :D Nice job in race 1, tough luck with the penalty. Good luck in race 2! ;)👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back