2012 GT Academy Racing Updates & News - CLOSED

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 241 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas Ordonez and Jordan Tresson will be at LeMans this weekend testing for the 24h race. Jann Mardenborough will be at Silverstone this weekend for the next round of the Blancpain Endurance series.

Good luck to all. :)👍

Couple racers going at it this weekend:

Sean Johnston will be in Montreal for the next round of the IMSA GT3 Cup. Live Timing.

Bryan is at Mid-Ohio for the Continental Tire Series race. Live timing can be found HERE.

252680_393078810728303_407906356_n.jpg

Awesome news!!

The race will be shown live at 11am ET on Speed2.The Speed replay is set for Sunday the 17th at Noon ET.

IforceV8
Awesome news!!

The race will be shown live at 11am ET on Speed2.The Speed replay is set for Sunday the 17th at Noon ET.

I think they should show it just before Grand Am on Speed, the racing is great in the Continental series. Good luck Bryan.

Anyone know why the Continental Tire race showed on the Speed2 schedule last night, but now that I've got logged in this morning and all set up it has disappeared?

Thanks. I can't figure out how to get it to work anyway. The FAQ is pretty vague. Is Speed2 a streaming service over your computer, or an actual channel?

Streaming.I login with my Directv account.It usually works with decent video quality but its not HD.

Got it. I have Dish network.

Racing update: Sean Johnston just grabbed the IMSA GT3 Cup pole position in Montreal by .391 of a second. 👍

Bryan was running in 4th in the Continental Tire series, but the order is shuffled at the moment as I believe they are in the middle of pit stops.

Edit: WAY too many cautions during this race, pretty ridiculous. In any case, they finished 8th in the GS class.

Last edited:
Holy huge pictures Batman! :P

Big news today: Sean Johnston just added a second victory to his short and already impressive IMSA GT3 Cup resume. :)

Is Hiekotter running the full schedule for the Continental Tire Challenge sires? I checked the entry list for the Continental Tire 150 at Watkins Glen and his name wasn't on the list, rather two other drivers (Whose names I can't remember) were listed with the #14 370Z.

I'll ask him.

Edit: Limited schedule. 👎

He's got 2 more races in the car this year.

Last edited:
The Road America round is on live at 7:15 pm tonight on Speed2.The Doran Nissan starts P2 and it could be a wet race.

Road America is live on Speed2.com. Race is awesome so far. Nissan had a bad start but is keeping up with the leaders.

I have a feeling the car is lacking acceleration/top end. So many times though Bryan has had a nice gap over the cars behind him and the stupid caution comes out, then on the restarts he gets mobbed by the cars behind him. He's hanging tough though. 👍

The Camaros and Mustangs run a little more power then the rest of the field don't they? And the Porsches are just.. Porsches, being Porsches :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back