2012 GT Academy Racing Updates & News - CLOSED

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 241 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Close doesn't even describe it.

181326_386893811373943_1294297731_n.jpg

Photo Credit: SRO London

Thanks so much for that epic photo!! One to remember for sure.

Any chance of video you think?

I don't think we'll have a video until the TV coverage comes out! I was at the event working for l'endurance it was a stunner of a race - well worth a watch when it does appear on TV. I reckon if the finish line was a little further along the Aston would have pinched the win from the RJN car. Albeit not by much, but the Aston has the legs on the straights.

IMO they would of won at Rockingham had it not been for the traction control screwing up again. They should of won at the Nurburgring too. Glad they've got a victory though, such a hard working bunch and a great driver pairing. Thoroughly deserved win!

So the 370Z that Bryan was racing this year was in a hard wreck today at Watkins Glen with a different driver behind the wheel. Fault goes to the stupid BMW driver that turned right into him. They're not sure if they can fix it yet. :(

The video is up on Speed2-ffw to the 1 hr mark to see the moron in the BMW take out Skeen,who was leading at the time.I guess Brian will miss the Indy test next weekend if the car is totaled.

I don't think Jann had a good weekend either. Tweeted a few hours ago that the car had too much damage and as a result they were out of the race.

I don't think Jann had a good weekend either. Tweeted a few hours ago that the car had too much damage and as a result they were out of the race.

According to the Nissan Facebook:

The Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 retired from the BES race at Paul Ricard today but not before Alex Buncombe climbed all the way from the back of the grid of over 50 cars all the way up to ninth place. You can see in the photo that he had the GT-R fully lit after team boss Bob Neville told him he could put the hammer down! It was a shame that after passing so many cars he was caught out by a Lamborghini under braking, made contact and damaged the GT-R. You win some, you lose some but as Bob says, "we didn't go out without a fight!"

Pure PR bull.

A lot of those places were gained when cars in front of him pitted during a safety car.

If you delay your pitstop you gain a lot of positions that you subsequently lose when you pit.

Mike is OK from what I hear. NISMO chassis #001, however, may be a write off. While that's being determined, a new body-in-white is going to be built for the Indy race in a month's time. We will miss the test next week, but we have received permission to run the race anyway. Because of the tight schedule at the Indy super weekend, CTSCC only has a single 1 hour practice, then qualifying, and then the race all in the same day, so this weekend's Indy test is pretty much mandatory.

We will have the challenge of shaking down a new car, dialing in the handling, and two drivers getting familiar with the track all in a 60 minute session, which in all likelihood will be red flagged at least part of the time.

Racing isn't easy. :)

I was there in person, I heard the GT Academy car pulled out back on track after a spin when it wasn't safe.. That's just what I heard though. Glad Mike is okay though, the car looks neat in person.

Hearing and seeing are two different things. What I saw on Speed2 was idiotic. Not sure what the BMW driver was thinking.

I will say that the 370Z took that hit a lot better than the BMW.

Mike is OK from what I hear. NISMO chassis #001, however, may be a write off. While that's being determined, a new body-in-white is going to be built for the Indy race in a month's time. We will miss the test next week, but we have received permission to run the race anyway. Because of the tight schedule at the Indy super weekend, CTSCC only has a single 1 hour practice, then qualifying, and then the race all in the same day, so this weekend's Indy test is pretty much mandatory.

We will have the challenge of shaking down a new car, dialing in the handling, and two drivers getting familiar with the track all in a 60 minute session, which in all likelihood will be red flagged at least part of the time.

Racing isn't easy. :)
Are you going to the test to observe? I see PT is on the drivers list for the Doran DP,getting a chance to study what he is doing would be worth the trip to Indiana alone.

Man that car sounds so good. Could listen to it lap for hours. Nissan sure knows how to make an engine sing.

And the car looks like it handled great. So much better than anything else around it from the center out...

That crash was hard to watch.

Now that I see the video, I guess the commentator at the race got it wrong, he said the 370Z spun and pulled in front of the BMW in a dangerous spot.. The video shows that isn't the case. Shame, car looked good all weekend.

Now that looks like fantastic fun, congrats to him! The victory must taste even sweeter when you look at the team that finished right in behind them.. I was at Watkins Glen last weekend, Bryan wasn't there, but I did get a quick look at the 370Z, way to many people around for a good full car shot, but I did snap this, and I'm pretty happy with it..

From Virtual to Reality by Mac K Photography, on Flickr

^ Nice photo!

I put up a couple in-car videos recently, and thought I'd share them here. Let me know if these should be moved into a new thread instead.

Pole lap from Mid Ohio a month ago:

Road America qualifying lap. I broke the qualifying track record but ended up P2 - Lawson Aschenbach now has the record instead. :)

Read the description for more background story.

I should have a few race highlights soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back