3. Raikkonen: 148
4. Hamilton: 142
5. Webber: 132

1. Red Bull: 297
2. McLaren: 261
3. Ferrari: 245
4. Lotus: 231
5. Mercedes: 136

Alonso is still comfortably leading the championship at this stage, though Vettel, who is usually very strong towards the end of the season is hot on his tail, as Webber has fallen behind Hamilton and Raikkonen and is being caught by a resurgent Button.

The midfield battle has heated up as Force India have found form usually seen in Sauber, getting them closer to Sauber and a faltering Mercedes team, whilst Williams and Toro Rosso become plagued with bad luck and mechanical issues.

Marussia have surprisingly overtaken the faster Caterham team in the standings after Glock's very lucky 12th place at Singapore, whilst HRT make steady progress to keep up with them.

Last edited:
Looking forward to getting up at 5:30 on sunday morning to watch this!👍

Always liked this GP..i can see Vettel or Alonso winning it!

Looking forward to getting up at 5:30 on sunday morning to watch this!👍

I think that's the best part about the race in Japan. I love waking up in the middle of the night to watch Practice, Qualifying and the Race.

Interesting that we have many past winners racing this event. In fact, winners from 2000 onwards are all still racing, with the notorious exception of Rubens Barrichelo (2003).

Also interesting, Lewis is a past winner of the Japanese GP, but never won at Suzuka. After Monza I'm sure he'll want to clear this one too.

Code:
[SIZE="4"]2011	 Jenson Button     	McLaren
2010	 Sebastian Vettel	Red Bull
2009	 Sebastian Vettel	Red Bull
2008	 Fernando Alonso	Renault	[COLOR="blue"](Fuji)[/COLOR]
2007	 Lewis Hamilton    	McLaren [COLOR="blue"](Fuji)[/COLOR]
2006	 Fernando Alonso	Renault	
2005	 Kimi Räikkönen    	McLaren	
2004	 Michael Schumacher	Ferrari	
[COLOR="Red"]2003	 Rubens Barrichello	Ferrari[/COLOR]	
2002	 Michael Schumacher	Ferrari	
2001	 Michael Schumacher	Ferrari	
2000	 Michael Schumacher	Ferrari
---------------------------------------------	
1997	 Michael Schumacher	Ferrari	
1995	 Michael Schumacher	Benetton[/SIZE]

I think that's the best part about the race in Japan. I love waking up in the middle of the night to watch Practice, Qualifying and the Race.

That's what I do every F1 race in Europe and Singapore as well, and I also love that when the race finishes, the sun is rising, giving an exceptional view, and the schedule means that I can see Practice without falling asleep :lol:

I also love this circuit because, you know, even in GT5 is very tricky to get one clean lap, that and the fact that this race decided the WDC for a long time, It's very good that they moved it after Korean GP for 2013, it can decide a WDC again :D

Last edited:

Nah, i wont be getting up for practice..but definatley the race and maybe quali..

The winning car will be Red. Or blue. Or silvery. Or black. I think.

On a side note. I'll be doing consulting work for a Finnish IT firm this week and all the conference rooms in the office I'm at are named after Finnish F1 drivers. Today I had a meeting in the one named Häkkinen.

That's what I do every F1 race in Europe and Singapore as well, and I also love that when the race finishes, the sun is rising, giving an exceptional view, and the schedule means that I can see Practice without falling asleep :lol:

I also love this circuit because, you know, even in GT5 is very tricky to get one clean lap, that and the fact that this race decided the WDC for a long time, It's very good that they moved it after Korean GP for 2013, it can decide a WDC again :D
Not exactly. Unless one driver races a dominant season like Vettel last year, it is far more likely for a title to be decided in one of the final two rounds of a season. And with the ever increasing technical restrictions within the sport it's only becoming tougher for one team and driver to achieve dominance.

Speaking of waking up early to watch the race, I wish I could do so. However thanks to some 🤬 named Murdoch, I can't. :irked:

Not exactly. Unless one driver races a dominant season like Vettel last year, it is far more likely for a title to be decided in one of the final two rounds of a season. And with the ever increasing technical restrictions within the sport it's only becoming tougher for one team and driver to achieve dominance.

Speaking of waking up early to watch the race, I wish I could do so. However thanks to some 🤬 named Murdoch, I can't. :irked:

Find a friend with the package and get them interested in the race(s)?

I do like the early races, means you can watch them early and still have the rest of the day to do whatever you choose to do, rather than having to forcefully sit still for less than 2 hours at the peak of the day when you kinda want to do stuff...

Luckily, the quali is at 6am on Saturday morning, just enough time for me to watch it before I have to head out for work! That is, if they don't red flag the quali at all.

For me, this is the greatest track on earth behind only Oulton Park (only because its my local track...and its equally fast and punishing).

High speed, flowing and very punishing but equally remarkably open to overtaking. I still have many good memories from the days of GT5 Prologue online.
Every game I've played I've tended to be straight on the pace at this track, I must have spent millions of laps around it by now.

This is sort of my tenth anniversary of F1 viewership. I started watching F1 regularly beginning with the 2002 Japanese GP. I can still remember Sato scored his first ever points in the Jordan.

I expect Ruwisu Hamilton to win, the McLaren is too strong. I also expect Pastoru Makudonarudo to do well this week and score points.

Vettel will win this one. This is always his track.

Think about it. What if Vettel won, and Alonso dnf's? That would put Vettel only 4 points behind Alonso. And that would potentially set up an epic five race battle for the top spot between Fernando and Sebastian. That would be sweet to watch!

I'm pulling for a JB comeback. He is pretty strong at Suzuka. And I really hope Hamilton doesn't score. Or even better McLaren screws up his car on purpose. That would be the funniest thing in the world. Also would prefer Alonso or Webber to win the championship rather than Vettel.

Why would McLaren deliberately sabotage Hamilton? He might be leaving the team at the end of the year, but if he wins the championship, history will remember it as a championship won in a McLaren regardless of what comes next.

Beecoz evry1 hatez the Ham.

-

I think it's worth noting that despite the fallout from Spygate, Alonso remained competitive in his car till the very end at McLaren.

Whatever drama happens off track, McLaren are always (well... almost) professional on it.

The winning car will be Red. Or blue. Or silvery. Or black. I think.

On a side note. I'll be doing consulting work for a Finnish IT firm this week and all the conference rooms in the office I'm at are named after Finnish F1 drivers. Today I had a meeting in the one named Häkkinen.

I predict the winning car will be wearing Pirellis.

-

On a side note... why wish for anyone to retire? I've always felt it was much more fun when a driver wins on his own merit, not on the misfortune of others.

Beecoz evry1 hatez the Ham.

-

I think it's worth noting that despite the fallout from Spygate, Alonso remained competitive in his car till the very end at McLaren.

Whatever drama happens off track, McLaren are always (well... almost) professional on it.
I can't imagine McLaren being that petty. Apparently other people can, though.

I predict the winning car will be wearing Pirellis.
I predict it will be driven by a person. Probably a man, but it's a bit hard to tell because he(/she/schlee/schler) will be wearing a helmet.

Will definitely be a man. Recovery from a sex change operation will take a week or so, and nobody's been missing for the past few days, so...

Damn. Well. We can ask Christina what it's like when he... errh... she gets back.

Auto motor und Sport are reporting that Ferrari has (or is about to) formally challenge parts on the McLaren and the Red Bull front wings, claiming they are movable aerodynamic devices.

Good luck. RBR has fought off every protest against its front wings over the years successfully. I doubt that will work now.

Latest Posts

Back