2012 Moto3/Moto2/MotoGP Thread

• Thread starter Tom
  • 708 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also talk of moving it to Portimão. Which may just be a fine track but Estoril has character and history.

Is there any truth in the rumours that Portimao is big financial difficulties? I think Portimao is an incredible circuit especially for 2 wheels.

Is there any truth in the rumours that Portimao is big financial difficulties? I think Portimao is an incredible circuit especially for 2 wheels.

Yes... Another brilliant business made by our previous government.

Word is that track construction is not even paid for yet. That is why they try to host everything they possibly can there.

I haven't ran on it, but yes it's generally considered to be a great track.

As dangerous as this?:P

Your right that is the craziest 🤬 out there, I was amazed to find out that there is a whole series of these street circuits that they race on. There has to be a strong bond of trust in your fellow riders to duke it out safely in these types of situations. Not to mention all the other races excluding the Aisle of Man start off like a regular race grid. Whooa! :crazy:

So my question now is does K. Sofuoglu & J. Cluzel bring their butts back to Moto 2 now that they proved that their champion riders from SBK? I'm not sure about Sofuoglu but Cluzel already had a good seat in Moto 2 before hand!

So my question now is does K. Sofuoglu & J. Cluzel bring their butts back to Moto 2 now that they proved that their champion riders from SBK? I'm not sure about Sofuoglu but Cluzel already had a good seat in Moto 2 before hand!

Supersports, not SuperBikes.

I'm not sure why Cluzel moved out, he was a top 10 rider and I can think of a handful of riders who could be replaced by him for the better.

Sofuoglu showed last year he couldn't cut the beef in Moto2. His most notable contribution was breaking Julien Simon's leg at Catalunya.

Also, Cortese has announced he has signed for Moto2 next year. He can race Terol for 20th week in and week out, given how utterly useless they both are when not on the best bikes 👍

Luckily, I really want him to stay fit for a long time now since he looks like the man we all thought he would be. He is on the limit all the time now! :)

Bad lucky for Dani today... I think he had the stuff for pole position today.
Anyways no doubt he is going to be first at first corner... Dani = KILLER 🤬 STARTS

Excellent Moto2 race 👍 Aragon is like Sachsenring and Assen; it always results in excellent bike racing.

Awesome racing today, great stuff from Redding and West in Moto2. MotoGP wasn't bad either.

I am just relieved to see Hayden is ok after his nasty accident, apparently he landed on the access road beyond the advertising boards :ill:. They really need to have bigger runoff at Turn 16, Bradl was topping the speed traps at the end of that straight doing an amazing 340kph!

I'm super happy for Dani... I think that this should have been his year... But he always gets bad luck :(
And Moto2 was FREAKIN' AWSOME !!!!! :D

Dani has done very well but he and Lorenzo have had 1 dnf each so its all square. Whenever Lorenzo has finished he has been in the top 2, that's how to win a championship.
More importantly, Nicky is a super lucky man from Kentucky!

You I got my favorites in this sport, but I really want to see Dani take a championship. He is a constant front runner, and has been for years. it's time next year he's only competition could be only Jorge?

Consistent front runner? His problem is that he is never consistent enough. At least not over a whole season. I've been a Lorenzo fan for years so I've never liked Pedrosa. He has some serious in house competition coming his way with Marquez. If he can't do it this year, I doubt he'll ever win a championship. Once Marc gets the hang of the premier class bike, he's going to walk all over Dani.

A lot of Dani's inconsistencies are due to someone taking him out over the past, granted that Jorge is a better rider than him so far.

Consistent front runner? His problem is that he is never consistent enough. At least not over a whole season. I've been a Lorenzo fan for years so I've never liked Pedrosa. He has some serious in house competition coming his way with Marquez. If he can't do it this year, I doubt he'll ever win a championship. Once Marc gets the hang of the premier class bike, he's going to walk all over Dani.

Pedrosa's biggest problem has been injuries which see him out of action for a few races or getting caught up in other people's off's.

Marquez on a MotoGP bike will be interesting. He is prone to pushing the bike beyond its limits and time after time, saving lost front ends or hanging on the mini-high sides. I think MotoGP has been shown to be less forgiving, and he might be ending up in the gravel a few times as a result.

Pedrosa's biggest problem has been injuries which see him out of action for a few races or getting caught up in other people's off's.

A good chunk of the blame for those injuries lies with Dani. As for getting caught up in other incidents, while he has done so in the past, it can happen to anyone. Bad luck? Perhaps, but he seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time far more often than others.

Marquez on a MotoGP bike will be interesting. He is prone to pushing the bike beyond its limits and time after time, saving lost front ends or hanging on the mini-high sides. I think MotoGP has been shown to be less forgiving, and he might be ending up in the gravel a few times as a result.

I do think he'll be in for a bit of a surprise when he steps up, but when he starts to piece everything together and understands where the limits lie, he'll be massively quick. I'm of the opinion that Dani has been flattered with the best machinery. Time will tell, but I believe Marc will make the most of it.

This is all opinion of course, but I believe that after Marquez settles in, he will walk all over Dani. It looks like we're in for a two way fight between him and Lorenzo.

Dani usually goes about without taking any chances or risks. That's his style and why he usually has (had?) trouble on the mano-a-mano with others. Despite that he's taken some bad results and injuries. But, that's racing...

Marquez is not dumb at all. I guess he'll be "pushing the envelope" until he feels comfortable, and may take a few tumbles on the way. But when (and if... adaptation is key and is never guaranteed) he does, he'll be younger, more daring and even if he's not just plain faster than Dani, he will start to beat him on the track rather soon IMO.

Because of the hype that Marquez is getting going into MotoGp, I expect him push hard as soon as he feel any amount of confidence on the 1000cc bike, and to dump that bike or push way to wide in hairpin turns until he comfortably learns the bike and the other riders. I say a couple of offs for Marquez in the 1st year, but after that then we'll see he's true speed.

Andrea Iannone should of stayed back for one more year and got used to dominating Moto 2 with he's only real worry being Pol, and then get a better ride for 2014 in my opinion.

Dani usually goes about without taking any chances or risks. That's his style and why he usually has (had?) trouble on the mano-a-mano with others. Despite that he's taken some bad results and injuries. But, that's racing...

Marquez is not dumb at all. I guess he'll be "pushing the envelope" until he feels comfortable, and may take a few tumbles on the way. But when (and if... adaptation is key and is never guaranteed) he does, he'll be younger, more daring and even if he's not just plain faster than Dani, he will start to beat him on the track rather soon IMO.

The BBC interviewed Marquez last weekend and he said that he just wants to get up to speed next year, he has probably learnt a lot from the start of last year. Now he seems capable of saving crashes that appear unsavable.

Yo that Moto 2 & Moto 3 race from Aragon was the bomb!!!
I've watched it 3 times now, and it's still good every time'

Speaking of Danny, what a boy! Somewhat fortunate thanks to the ridiculous brain (or lack of) in the head of Salom. He has been given a 5 place grid penalty for Sepang. Even despite Sandro crashing and acting like a moron to Danny, it seems that championship is over just like moto 2.
On to the big class, decent race but Dani loves that track so my money was always on him and he delivered. If he can continue this form into next year Yamaha have some work to do!

*New rule for 2013!!*
We are going to a knock-out style qualifying; 2 main sessions to decide the top 12. Seems great to me at first glance :) link
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/185077/1/motogp_announces_knockout_style_qualifying.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back