2013/14 Premier League and General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Ross
  • 3,859 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Premier league just got richer with Maureen back. Chelsea will be a superpower now :(
I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll strengthen the team.

In other news Manchester City has agreed terms with Sevilla to sign a saviour of their own; Jesus Navas, Spanish international. A transfer fee of £17m is rumored.
A medical and personal terms pending.

And what about those people that have been supporting City since they were born, because their parents were born in Manchester? Are they plastic fans too?

Best not to generalise, it gives off the impression that you're looking for an argument.

Well yes ofcourse there are those that have followed them for years, are you perhaps one? But to be honest how many of the fans that they have at the moment would be Man City fans without the money or players they heve at the moment?

And if it sounded like i was looking for an argument, thats not how it was supposed to come accross.

Cant wait for next season! What a season it shaping up to be!!

Huge doubt Moyisssssssss will live up to his expectations. hes gonna get the sack

Man United havent sacked a manager for 26 years!!

I can see Moyes being used as a decoy so that SAF can make his long awaited return as SAF will take over the helm.

Umm..i think if Fergie wants the job then he would have stayed on! :indiff:

If your suggesting that Im a troll then no. When it comes footy, I know what Im talking about tho :)

Ha, I think it's bigger chances that Mourinho gets sacked before Moyes does, if ever.

Ha, I think it's bigger chances that Mourinho gets sacked before Moyes does, if ever.
I think that is just common knowledge! :lol:
Nice name change by the way 👍;)

I'd put money on it... winning the Champions League is not even a guarantee of holding on to your job at Chelsea... plus, Sir Alex Ferguson made it abundantly clear in his (somewhat moving) leaving speech at Old Trafford that he expects the Board and the fans to afford his successor the same leeway that was afforded him when he took charge - and it took several years before Ferguson made an impact at Manchester United... OK, so Moyes takes charge while Man Utd are already at the top, but that doesn't mean that his job is any easier - it will take time for him and his system to take hold and I reckon that he'll be given a chance if Man Utd have a (relatively) poor season next year - that said, I can't see them not finishing in the top 4, but if that did happen then it would be interesting to see what happens...

As for Mourinho, I reckon he might struggle for a variety of reasons, but Chelsea are going to be title contenders in any case.

The title could be between any 3 teams really: Manchester United, Chelski and Manchester City. Here are some predictions for everyone to laugh at when I inevitably get them wrong:

1st: Chelsea
2nd: Man City
3: Man Utd
4th: Arsenal
5th: Spurs
18th: Hull
19th: Norwich
20th: Stoke

On the Suarez thing, Liverpool can not sell him until after they sign some other strikers, since Carroll is sure to go they'll have no good strikers available at the start of the season. As such any player they want is going to way overpriced because Liverpool are desperate and they'll end up paying the price, it's the Torres/Carroll situation all over again. Maybe they'll learn from last time but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Normally, I would dispute this, but since Sturridge is predicted to be out for 3-4 months, we would be pretty screwed if Suarez left. Maybe Coutinho at striker?:crazy:

Mou has never been sacked in his life. He left from Chelsea by himself, after the whole abra saga, and agreed on the mutual terms with Perez to leave from RM in 2013 already in january of that year. infact Perez himself who has known to be as ruthless as Abra said and I quote "I wish Mourinho could have stayed with us longer".

Apparently Mourinho wants to sell Luiz and bring in Mangala from Porto. Which makes me a bit sad, I like Luiz as a person. He's serious when he needs to be, and funny when he doesn't need to be serious. Mangala would be a great buy though. Still relatively young, Porto had a solid defense all year, and Mangala is generally good at covering quick counter attacks.

Just now found this thread after a long time of not seeing it lol.

Go for it. Luiz is a liability anyway. Cant read a game, tends to drift off of his positioning far too often, rigid tackling, tends to make too many fouls, mediocre at both man marking or zonal marking and ofcourse maintaning the defensive posture. Mangala is twice as good as Luiz. lol @ Barca going for Luiz, just shows desperate they are to fix their defence lol.

Go for it. Luiz is a liability anyway. Cant read a game, tends to drift off of his positioning far too often, rigid tackling, tends to make too many fouls, mediocre at both man marking or zonal marking and ofcourse maintaning the defensive posture. Mangala is twice as good as Luiz. lol @ Barca going for Luiz, just shows desperate they are to fix their defence lol.

Luiz is best as a Holding Midfielder. Everything about his game just screams Holding midfielder. Hopefully Mourinho gives Ake a good chance because I think he's going to be a higher quality Luiz in the very near future.

Torres swap with money for Cavani? Stupid if you ask me. I know he hasn't been insane this year but, I'd prefer Chelsea to pick up Jovetic. Then Jovetic and Lukaku could just trade off. Both quality I feel.

Got me at holding midfielder :lol:..Hes an acknowledged one as in he he knows the position but hes not natural at it. Fact is that he was being played ahead of a defender coz of Rafa ever since he saw his an liability in the back 4.

Cavani is great forward btw, (clinical) not your Torres type of forward, who contributes in the buildup but as a forward he does ****. Cant even score tap ins.

I hope Cavani doesnt leave Napoli, because he is crucial in my 2nd favorite Italian team in progressing and building up to become a real force in Europe. They now have something to build upon, with Cavani, Hamsik and now Benitez as manager, this team is going places.

It's academic anyway.

Mourinho's just been sacked, for failing to win a trophy in his first 24 hours.

I hope Cavani doesnt leave Napoli, because he is crucial in my 2nd favorite Italian team in progressing and building up to become a real force in Europe. They now have something to build upon, with Cavani, Hamsik and now Benitez as manager, this team is going places.

Cavani's my favourite player. I couldn't stand it if he signed for another Premier League team. I wonder why us Liverpool fans are such admirers of Cavani?

tumblr_mejnpu26Rm1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Cavani's my favourite player. I couldn't stand it if he signed for another Premier League team. I wonder why us Liverpool fans are such admirers of Cavani?

I dont know but it seems to be a trend doesnt it? Personally my favorite player would have to be Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back