2013/14 Premier League and General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Ross
  • 3,859 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to be honest, Mourinho would have been a bad choice.

He is too controversial, and would probably leave after 2-3 years.

Moyes is the best choice at the moment. He has accomplished a great deal with Everton, with very low resources.
I don't see him play defensive football, not with the players, resources and history of Man United.

So if Moyes wants to, I bet he can be in United for 10-15 years easy. He just got to keep doing what he has always done. Hard working.

I understand your views of Moyes but I personally just dont buy it. Alot of managers who coach a side that is suffering from an financial point of view still play attractive football like, Pellegrini, Laudrup, Wenger, Martinez, etc. Its not the the resources but the philosophy instead imo. About Mou, sure his controversial at times, but he backs it up by winning trophies, besides wasnt Utd not after a coach who had an experience at international stage, well where does Moyes cuts inside here? Has not managed to qualify himself to CL despite making promises each year. I agree, Moyes might is good overall due to his longetivity but the expectations of him winning something should be kept low.

Hey thanks!

Stoke is so reluctant to get themselves relegated by signing Hughes, huh? Good for them, disgusting club.

Stoke do divide opinion about the way the play and they did pick up a whopping 78 yellow cards last season!....but i wouldnt call them a disgusting club..

I understand your views of Moyes but I personally just dont buy it. Alot of managers who coach a side that is suffering from an financial point of view still play attractive football like, Pellegrini, Laudrup, Wenger, Martinez, etc. Its not the the resources but the philosophy instead imo. About Mou, sure his controversial at times, but he backs it up by winning trophies, besides wasnt Utd not after a coach who had an experience at international stage, well where does Moyes cuts inside here? Has not managed to qualify himself to CL despite making promises each year. I agree, Moyes might is good overall due to his longetivity but the expectations of him winning something should be kept low.
I think I might have worded it wrong.

I meant, I don't see Moyes play defensive football with United, with the players and resources etc that United have.

Or Liverpool fans and Chelsea fans!!
He said most. Sure there are a few Liverpool, Chelsea and even Arsenal scattered around but as you can tell from the "Which association football club do you support?" thread, the majority is Manchester United.

So suarez7, what do you think of the Suarez situation?...do you think he'll leave?

So suarez7, what do you think of the Suarez situation?...do you think he'll leave?

No i dont think he will leave now. The fans love him and he knows it. He has also just recently been named Liverpools player of the year by the fans and the LDSA player of the year. I beleive if he stays he can become a legend on the sme level as Gerrard and Carragher. So i dont think he will leave now.

And also Ross thats what i meant, i was making fun of City fans.

No i dont think he will leave now. The fans love him and he knows it. He has also just recently been named Liverpools player of the year by the fans and the LDSA player of the year. I beleive if he stays he can become a legend on the sme level as Gerrard and Carragher. So i dont think he will leave now.

Well he has now stated that he wants to leave through the media, but Liverpool have confirmed that he hasnt told them this...

Yeah, after i wrote that i read up about it a bit more, and to be honest i am a bit worried.

This is what he ACTUALLY said.

Luis Suarez
Q: What can you say about the repercussions [your statements had] on the international media?

#Suarez: "Every time I talk, it gets turned into something huge. I only said I'm very happy in Liverpool, I'll be forever grateful for the way the club and fans treated me. I love being there because it's a spectacular club and city, and I still have a contract there. I said it's hard to say no to Real Madrid because it's normal, you always dream about [being in] big teams. But I don't have anything yet, I haven't spoken neither to Real nor LFC, nobody, even my agent hasn't told me anything yet and that's what keeps me calm. What happens is that there have been speculations and that's why everything I say will be turned into something big.

Q: With that said, do you think it's the right time for a change?

#Suarez: "Yes, obviously. On the subject that I spoke about yesterday and will keep repeating, it's a complicated and difficult moment on which I am a human being and have feelings, and I've suffered because things have being said that aren't true. They haven't valued me as a player on the pitch but only my attitude so, it pisses you off. This has been going for a while so, you have limits, you have a family that suffers as well and it's really tough."

Q: "Do you feel identified with RM's playing style? There are other teams that want you so, which team's style do you identify at the moment?"

#Suarez: "To this day I feel identified with #Liverpool, not to mention I have a contract with them. They saw great potential in me and I grew up as a player in #Liverpool, but always in transfer windows there are many rumors, this [the window] is only getting started, I don't want to imagine what's to come next.”

Q: Yesterday you talked about LFC's support for you but, have you thought that the sensation the journalists and the FA transmit [to the people in England] could expand to the rest of Europe? [This question is a bit weird but it has to do with LS having a "reputation"]

#Suarez: "I don't think so, I think that the interested clubs will be interested in 'Suarez the player', not his attitudes. I made a mistake, I apologized and regretted it. I already said it, that's clear enough. And I think one [himself] should be more aware of the mistake I made in case I go to other club or stay at #LFC, I can't keep doing things wrong, I think I've learned and it's a lesson for the future."

Q: Are you aware that Atletico's interested in your services? and 2.- Are you seduced by spanish football because of its playing style or simply because the environment in England has gone complicated and turned unsuitable for you to continue?

#Suarez: I think that there will always be interest of clubs and it's going to be talked about a lot, but I've never got anything personally or [been asked] to talk with anyone of any team. But it's kind of the two things, one of them I always said it, In England, I'm in the best league in the world in my opinion, and the spanish league is up there too, they're two of the best leagues in the world.

In England [there] is spectacular football, and I think I've shown bravery, I've moved on with what happened on the racism case. And after this [Ivanovic case] I've felt bad because like I said, things have been said that made me feel uncomfortable. I have a daughter to look after, she's important too and I think [I should] put her out of that environment, of those things like "her father's bad". I'd rather change because of that, it doesn't have anything to do with #LFC or anything like that. It's just in the sense of me feeling bad, I'm a human being, I have feelings and I'd love to play in another league too."

Q: On a possible move, what do you prioritize the football aspect, the team you 'like' the best, or the economic?

#Suarez: "If it was down to the economic [reason] I would've already left for the countries that have been mentioned before but, I am prioritizing my family, my image and I think that's what I care about the most. I went through a complicated & difficult moment from which I'd love to get out, & I'm not saying this because I'm here [in Uruguay] or anything, but cause the manager and my teammates know what I went through. I was mistreated and didn't feel comfortable, they know that perfectly, and I think it'll be understandable if one day I get to leave #Liverpool."

Q: About the english press, what was the last straw [that broke the camel's back]?
#Suarez: "First of all, the thing of the paparazzi following all the time, every move I made, everything I did. I couldn't take my child to the park, go to the market or anything, it's something like, you're exposed, but well, not to mention they've said absurdities. Pictures every day, mockings, from which none [of the media] came forward to defend me.

I think-- I already knew the talk about me possibly being the Player of the Year, I said it on the club's website I think, that I [knew I] wasn't going to win any award because of the way they treated me. Our captain, Gerrard, came forward to say I wasn't being treated fairly, and well the last straw was the mistake I made, which I accepted, but they exceeded the limit as well."

Q: Now outside of England, but on the same line of thought. Are you surprised the incident in Chile got into the hands of FIFA?

#Suarez: Yes! It surprises you because if we look at everything that happens in the box we'd have like 5 or 10 actions where you feel like someone is getting suspended, it even happened last night on Boca vs. Newell's.

If everything's looked at, it will be complicated and there won't be any players left. Well, also it surprised me that the President of those who were watching me [Probably disciplinary committee] was english, irish, or somewhere around that, so you know where it's coming from. It's a constant thing, the Minister of I-don't-know-what was like "Suarez is this and that to the children" or something. He should worry about his business, we're trying to do our job here and I can't apologize more than I already did."

Q: Were you left wanting to see Evra? Because the Uruguayan public was expecting him to come and [so they could] show you their support

#Suarez: "No, at all. I already played against him a few times, it's on the past, I think it's something left behind and well, to me if he had come he was going to be just another player I could play against on the pitch."

Q: Do you have a deadline to say if you are going to stay or leave #Liverpool?

#Suarez: "No, I don't. I don't know if I'm going to leave and I don't know if I'm going to stay, the club knows perfectly what I think. They know what I went through but hey, I have a contract with #LFC, if I stay, I stay delightfully cause it's a spectacular club, but at the same time they know it's difficult cause of the harassment I received from the press there, and they know that perfectly"

Note: This is only a UNEDITED, uncut translation, it’s not made by a professional, but only by a latin american LFC fan who also feels like Luis is being misunderstood. Most of the criticism and slagging by the press since the racism row with Evra have hit me as well because I am part of the Latin American culture they criticize so much because they’ve failed to understand.

If he doesn’t leave, I’ll have him gladly, but if he goes, I can’t personally blame him for it, no matter how much some fans and people think it’s just an excuse. You can take only so much ********. He’s made a mistake twice, but he’s accepted both (even though I still think he’s not guilty on the Evra case) and moved on as well.

Well, Liverpool said yesterday that Suarez hasnt told them about this, only the media, so he hasnt put in a transfer request..

Typical tease. Liverpool said the same about Torres before his departure to Chelski.

Welcome back to the Premier League Jose! He has signed as Chelsea manager on a 4 year deal.

Theres not a lot to say about Mourinho coming back because its been on the cards since Christmas! :lol:

Since this is also a English football thread, Kenny Jackett was unveiled as Wolves manager to the press today, its a big job considering where Wolves were 18 months ago!

Welcome back to the Premier League Jose! He has signed as Chelsea manager on a 4 year deal.

Be prepared for some dominance folks! Something tells me that Mou will do some great things (again) with Chelsea. But next season should be great. I see Pellegrini doing better with Man City, Moyes could do very well with Man U, and pending Spurs pick up good players AVB should continue doing well. Arsenal should be same top 4 form and should be spending money but in my book, 4 years at Stamford Bridge, Mourinho will will a ton of trophies. Champions League though... always an issue due to how hard it is to win it.

Be prepared for some dominance folks! Something tells me that Mou will do some great things (again) with Chelsea. But next season should be great. I see Pellegrini doing better with Man City, Moyes could do very well with Man U, and pending Spurs pick up good players AVB should continue doing well. Arsenal should be same top 4 form and should be spending money but in my book, 4 years at Stamford Bridge, Mourinho will will a ton of trophies. Champions League though... always an issue due to how hard it is to win it.

The season looks set to be a stonker, the order of top 5 is totally unpredictable and Liverpool may be back up there too.

Please don't sack him Abramovich. :nervous:

Hopefully Abra has learned to control his obsession over CL trophy. It comes when you least expect them to. Stupid to make that as an objective.

And what about those people that have been supporting City since they were born, because their parents were born in Manchester? Are they plastic fans too?

Best not to generalise, it gives off the impression that you're looking for an argument.

What are the odds he'll still be manager in 12 months?

Probably not because of this.

So guys, Chelsea has got the title next year.

No doubt some Chelsea players will think this and as such won't achieve what they are capable of.

On the Suarez thing, Liverpool can not sell him until after they sign some other strikers, since Carroll is sure to go they'll have no good strikers available at the start of the season. As such any player they want is going to way overpriced because Liverpool are desperate and they'll end up paying the price, it's the Torres/Carroll situation all over again. Maybe they'll learn from last time but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back