Newcastle have taken action over the Pardew incident, a £100,000 fine and a formal warning. The FA have yet to act but apparently they have said it's a very serious incident, which I don't think it is.
Yes he's a manager, but it wasn't really a head but and the Hull player unnecessarily shoved past him to get the ball. Even I would be pissed if someone did that to me in a professional environment. But what I don't understand is how it's so much different than a player doing it.
Vertonghen got a glasgow kiss in the match against Dnipro midweek, where was their players £100,000 fine, and what action have Uefa taken against it?
I remember a while back Torres raked his finger nails down the side of Vertonghen's face, what action was taken against him?
These incidents had meaningful intent to harm the other player, Pardews didn't. And these players are high profile, and are to an extent role models to young aspiring footballers. So surely when they do something wrong, they should have their asses handed to them on a silver platter. Why are players allowed to get away scott free, and then set a precedent for others to do the same thing? The very people that are inspiring kids to play football.
Yet it goes completely unpunished, and when a manager puts a single tow out of line, or in this case a forehead, the whole football world is in uproar. Some are even calling for Pardew to be sacked.
Baffling.