2013 Fantasy Formula 1: Season Finished

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 1,075 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be a 'noob',

Reading the rules again, are we picking for positions (ie I only score points for Alonso as I had him 2nd), or the top 3 so I'll score points for Seb, Alonso and Kimi as my 3 picks?

Also if I'm reading correct I can't pick any of those 3 for the next race? How do I earn consecutive picks?

Thanks!

Well, 3rd, 5th and 6th.

Really regret not picking a Ferrari.

Anyway roll on Malaysia!

I can't believe I forgot to put my picks in before the race. I was even ready to pick Kimi, Seb, and Alonso. Would have been fantastic to statt off the ywar with a 1-2-3!!

After missing the top 10 by 8 points last season (and the bonus CP that comes with it), I've started this season perfectly :) Alonso, Seb, Kimi, and I think I chose before Practice 2, which should mean 433 points and 2 CPs :D! A great way to start the year, and also perfect timing to finally get my first 1-2-3 finish :)

Man, I was ready to go, but I completely forgot that the race was this weekend. I will not make the same mistake twice. Bring on Malaysia.

I only remember picking Massa and Webber. Who was my third pick? :lol:

Guys I'm confused. I think I picked Alonso, Kimi and Rosberg. Don't I get any points? What exactly are we picking, podium finishes or we just pick whoever we want and their points are added to us? If podium, I picked Kimi and Alonso already :( no points?

Sorry to be a 'noob',

Reading the rules again, are we picking for positions (ie I only score points for Alonso as I had him 2nd), or the top 3 so I'll score points for Seb, Alonso and Kimi as my 3 picks?

Also if I'm reading correct I can't pick any of those 3 for the next race? How do I earn consecutive picks?

Thanks!

Guys I'm confused. I think I picked Alonso, Kimi and Rosberg. Don't I get any points? What exactly are we picking, podium finishes or we just pick whoever we want and their points are added to us? If podium, I picked Kimi and Alonso already :( no points?

That's what I asked mate,

I'm not 100% on what we've I got points for, and what we need to do for this weekend?

That's what I asked mate,

I'm not 100% on what we've I got points for, and what we need to do for this weekend?

Both of you got points for your selections. I have to do all the math and that combined with Google Docs being slow today and having 53 entrants means it takes awhile to get them updated. I will have them up by tomorrow at the latest.

rnd13.png

Most Points: jcb ; Justin (150)
Least Points: Stiggy (81)
Biggest Gain: NA
Biggest Loss: NA

Next Race: Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix @ Sepang International Circuit

Notes:
  • Although Q1 did take place near the scheduled time I decided to move the cutoff for the bonus points to the resumed time. However, in the future the cutoff will be the original scheduled time even if a session is delayed.
  • Remember that you cannot pick the same drivers without penalties in round 2 unless they retired or you'd like to use a Consecutive Pick.

Last edited:
Wow, I forgot I picked Raikkonen; honestly thought I'd picked Hamilton up until I saw my prior post just now. Great time to pick up a 1-2-3 👍

Confusing to be in 29th place when I scored better than some of those ahead of me; please explain Justin :grumpy:

Where did their bonus points come from? OK I understand the bonus points, but still miffed at being 29th when some ahead of me picked Hamilton :)

BlacqueJacques
Confusing to be in 29th place when I scored better than some of those ahead of me; please explain Justin :grumpy:

Where did their bonus points come from?

The bonus points are for picking prior to qualifying, practice sessions etc. Earlier you pick, more bonus points you get.

Thanks, I realized that after posting-will have to pick before practice I guess-though always a crapshoot e.g. Hulkenberg

Persons who picked Hulkenberg- did they get a bonus point for choosing someone who did not actually start/finish the race?

Not a very good start, but it doesn't mean too much after one race. At least, thats what I tell myself.

Bah, I did almost pick Raikkonen over Webber, which woulda given me a 1 2 3! Decided against it though due to the speed of that Red Bull... never mind xD.

Thanks Justin for organizing all this so well, and thanks for deciding to use my bonus points idea (to some extent), I think it'll be more interesting this way as it adds another element of tactics to the whole thing.

Also, thanks for putting the Malaysia pick form us so soon after the Aussie one finished. I like to pick straight after the last GP so that I don't end up forgetting :P

im off to good start as well..and its my first season!

Not picking for this weekend til after quali...

Crap, could've sworn I picked Alonso over Button. :(

No big deal though, still 18 more races to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back