2013 Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 721 comments
Grosjean has had an incident in practice. I haven't followed his season this year. Has he now moved his crashing antics to Thursday/Friday?

Grosjean has had an incident in practice. I haven't followed his season this year. Has he now moved his crashing antics to Thursday/Friday?

No and let's be fair here, ANYONE can crash at Monaco, especially turn 1. It doesn't matter how good you are, whether you're Senna or Alonso or someone from f1rejects.com, you make a mistake and the barriers bite you.

Kimi & Bangalter? Oh JESUS, imagine the afterparty if the Lotus wins on Sunday night! :drool:

eQIzJz3.png
👍

edit:
The King speaks the truth!

Fernando Alonso reckons Red Bull's criticism of the Pirelli Formula 1 tyres is simply the result of it not being able to handle defeat well.

Red Bull has been outspoken about Pirelli this season, saying the high degradation 2013 tyres prevent it from fully exploiting the speed of its RB9.

But ahead of the Monaco Grand Prix, Alonso said that Red Bull should question its attitude, as he queried whether the reigning champion does indeed have the fastest car.

When asked to respond to recent complaints about the F1 format, which included Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz saying F1 was 'nothing to do with racing anymore', Alonso said: "It's more a question for them, they made those comments.

"Barcelona was a good race, not so good for some of our competitors. Some of these competitors claim they have a super car but the last three pole positions were for another car when the tyres are new.

"When you win too easily for some years, it's difficult to lose some races."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107580

Oh, little Force India earning huge respect for this as well:

Pirelli is facing resistance from Force India as it tries to get unanimous approval from Formula 1 teams for its tyre modifications.

Following a dramatic week of behind-the-scenes negotiations with teams and the FIA about what it can change on its tyres, Pirelli is hoping to tweak the rears for the next race in Canada to eradicate the delamination issues that have blighted recent grands prix.

But although the FIA is happy that there are safety grounds for Pirelli to make the alterations it wants to - which will essentially be replacing the steel belt in the rear tyre with the kevlar used last year – not all teams are eager for such a tweak.

It is understood that Lotus, Ferrari and Force India have expressed reservations about such a move, and the latter team is especially unhappy about the situation.

Force India is well aware that even minor tweaks could have an impact on the competitive form it has shown so far this year.

AUTOSPORT understands that it is specifically questioning whether there are actually enough safety grounds for there to be a need for changes at all, especially as none of the rear failures have resulted in the tyre deflating.

Sources with good knowledge of the situation claim that one of the arguments being put forward is that Pirelli motorsport director Paul Hembery admitted in a recent press release that safety was not being compromised by the tyres.

"It's important to point out that these delaminations, which occur when the tread comes off, do not compromise the safety of the tyres," he was quoted as saying.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107591

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2--FD1g0W34

Last edited:
It's really interesting how Kimi Räkkönen is percieved by the audience now compared to before his break. Then he was viewed by many as a stubborn childish spoiled brat who really ought to leave F1 to the ones who wanted to be in the circus, but now, being essentially the same, everyone just loves his sullen visage and he is a welcome change to media trained broilers. It seems people now accept and respect that he's just in it for himself and not for the glory or Bernie and that he does not give a flying 🤬 what people think about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really interesting how Kimi Räkkönen is percieved by the audience now compared to before his break. Then he was viewed by many as a stubborn childish spoiled brat who really ought to leave F1 to the ones who wanted to be in the circus, but now, being essentially the same, everyone just loves his sullen visage and he is a welcome change to media trained broilers. It seems people now accept and respect that he's just in it for himself and not for the glory or Bernie and that he does not give a flying f. what people think about that.

I think the perception was more that he was not really putting in an effort right before he left. Granted, there were other factors at play, but after his Championship, Massa outperformed him for one and a half seasons... not something any of us expected.

Since his return, his driving hasn't been all that bad.

Apparently Pirelli are about to call it quits. Can't link, it's on the Speed app. Bernie thinks Cooper Avon could replace them...

Since NBC decided to air the race on NBC, rather than NBC Sports, this will be the first GP I get to watch all season. :D

I don't know if thats Grosjeans first crash of the year.

I think that is only his second this year. I think it was either the last race or the race before that he had to retire, can't remember if it was a collision or just a fault with the car. I'm sure somebody here will know more.

And Sasmus is right, although I don't like Alonso (one of the best in this current era I would say) he is a damn good driver and a couple of years ago he crashed in turn 3 in FP3 which compromised his qualifying.

Since NBC decided to air the race on NBC, rather than NBC Sports, this will be the first GP I get to watch all season. :D

Same here, very happy with the races they've decided to air on NBC, much better than the ones Fox decided to air.

Are they airing Qualifying too, or just the race?

Makes perfect sense, really. Whatever the reasons, one could see the Kimi was no longer happy driving for the team and was only too ready to step out at the end.

Grosjean again!!!! what is he doing???...

Now if they are not able to fix that car quickly,he'll mis quali...team will not be happy,3rd time already this weekend he damaged his car!

Spy.

JvM

Yeah Sky have been giving a few of these away in various ways. Most of them have been promoted towards watching football but I've used them for F1.

I've already got one code lined up for this race from a Times Newspaper offer, I'll enter and activate this one for the next Sky race and then I've got another five to use for the rest of the year.

It's difficult to actually imagine a more boring person than PR-speak Paul Di Resta.

Back