2013 Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 721 comments
Reasonable position for VDG. Hopefully he can get Caterhams first points in F1. Even 1 or 2 points will be a great result for them and like last year the Caterham of Heikki kept Jensen behind, couple of retirements and you're right in there.

Yep, he just needs to stay out of trouble himself. Easier said that done of course though.

I'm hoping for a race like 1996 and Massa finishes high up the order.

Fingers crossed.

I'm hoping for a race like 1996 and Massa finishes high up the order.

Fingers crossed.

I believe the forecast is dry for tomorrow.

--

Exciting end to a qualifying for the first time in a long time. That was good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful! Double V's at Blondie BONUS!

Going to be brilliant when Kimister & Nando jump Blondie at the lights tomorrow. Party Guaranteed. Almost.

First sector for Lewis was costly, he was fastest in second and third but not enough to make up for loss in first sector. Well done to Nico Rosberg on getting pole 👍.

Would've loved for the Ferraris to switch spots. Also, props to van der Garde for getting a Caterham that far up and to Rosberg for 3 consecutive poles.

I think if Nico stays ahead a non-Mercedes car will win but if Lewis leads out of the first corner then he will probably win because I believe the new suspension which is apparently only on Lewis' car is better at looking after the rear tyres, it may mean he's slightly slower over one lap however but he qualified P2 so it can't have cost him much time if any.

I think if Nico stays ahead a non-Mercedes car will win but if Lewis leads out of the first corner then he will probably win because I believe the new suspension which is apparently only on Lewis' car is better at looking after the rear tyres, it may mean he's slightly slower over one lap however but he qualified P2 so it can't have cost him much time if any.

This is Monaco though, as long as the Mercedes stay 1-2 in either order they can control the race.

Nico will hold them up and the Mercs will be jumped at the stops.

Merc could easily ask whichever car is in second to "control the pace" though, hold the pack up in non code terms. Whether they'd be willing to sacrifice their own race to let the other get a better chance at the win is the question though.

How did Merc go on their tyres here last year? My memory is pretty poor.

How does Mercedes do it?

If you mean how Mercedes manage to qualify on top in cars that drop off during the race, as near as I can tell, the car performs great but is simply poor on tires so they can't keep up that pace in the race.

Yeah Sky have been giving a few of these away in various ways. Most of them have been promoted towards watching football but I've used them for F1.

I've already got one code lined up for this race from a Times Newspaper offer, I'll enter and activate this one for the next Sky race and then I've got another five to use for the rest of the year.

Cool. I wouldn't mind hearing about those offers. :) If there's more in near future.

Merc could easily ask whichever car is in second to "control the pace" though, hold the pack up in non code terms. Whether they'd be willing to sacrifice their own race to let the other get a better chance at the win is the question though.

How did Merc go on their tyres here last year? My memory is pretty poor.

I seriously doubt that. Both want to win.

In 2012, it was the Webber train. Rosberg started 2nd, finished 2nd. Rosberg tried to overtake him with the undercut, but because it was quite cold, he couldn't generate heat in his tyres fast enough.

I think it will be the same this year. Hard to make the undercut work because it's quite cold.

Another impressive display by Rosberg and Mercedes, if they have got theyre race pace sorted then itll be an easy 1-2 tomorrow...exciting quali as well 👍

If there is one track where the Merc have a great chance of holding on to a lead it's that one.Shaping up to be a stunner tomorrow

Great quali ,very impressed by Van Der Garde !!!!!!!

Fingers crossed for a clean first lap for him,and with a few crashes or broken cars...who knows,first points for Caterham this year,and for VDG ofcourse)

Will be very interesting to see how both the Mercedes can hold their tyres...could be a Coulthard train like we say several years ago(cant remember the exact year..2002??)

Cant wait!

Spy.

We're in dire need of a wet race, 2008 was full of them, feels like we haven't had one in ages.

Unfortunately the people in charge think wet races are too dangerous. :dunce:

No they don't, they think racing in torrential rain with large amounts of standing water is dangerous. There is a big difference between that and "normal" wet weather and it's one I happen to agree with.

I think its impossible to drive an F1 car in those sort of conditions, the cars look like speedboats!...its no wonder they red flag the race or have the safety car out until weather passes...

Latest Posts

Back