2013 Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 786 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Di Resta got caught out by the track drying out at the end of Q1, and couldn't progress.

Personally, I hope the weather is just as wet in Montreal tomorrow.

Now, they have the stones to start accusing other teams of cheating! :grumpy:
Of course they do. Have you never watched F1 or something?

There's three ways to get an advantage on your rivals in F1. Go faster legitimately. Go faster through cheating and escape punishment/detection. Get the other teams caught cheating and punished.

ALL the teams are trying to get faster within the rules, get faster by breaking (or bending) the rules and get the other teams caught for their rule-breaking. ALL of them. Sometimes a team will have a good spell of not being caught, sometimes a team will have a bad spell of being punished for it.

That's all.

Now can we please get back to talking about the races rather than this dire load of red bull you've been filling this and the previous race thread with?

And being caught, with no penalties or disqualifications. Why, only last year at Canada were Red Bull upto normal tricks by altering the car under parc femme and what happened? NOTHING.

Engine Mapping...Ride Height Altering...Double Diffuser....'controversial holes in the floor'...Illegal Passes...etc...

no action taken for any of the above. Funny that.
Now, they have the stones to start accusing other teams of cheating! :grumpy:

I think it's ironic to hear witch-hunt coming from you...

I think it's ironic to hear witch-hunt coming from you...

How is it ironic?

I don't see why I should 'leave' this important point, when the future of F1 is at stake? F1 is going back to the mid noughties era - which, if we all recall, was utterly terrible and damaging for the sport. Do you want to go back there?

I don't. I want competitive racing, overtaking, action with bigger audiences and more money and talent pouring into the sport. None of this will happen if change doesn't happen.

the future of F1 is at stake

Opinion.

F1 is going back to the mid noughties era

Opinion.

which, if we all recall, was utterly terrible and damaging for the sport.

Opinion.

I don't. I want competitive racing, overtaking, action with bigger audiences and more money and talent pouring into the sport.

Irrelevant.

None of this will happen if change doesn't happen.

Opinion.

Do you see where I'm going with this? It doesn't take Dora the Explorer now, does it?

Do you see where I'm going with this? It doesn't take Dora the Explorer now, does it?

Actually, the facts show I'm right. :lol:
F1 is in decline. Face it or keep drinking Red Bull till sunrise..

Raikkonen and Ricciardo get 2 place grid penalties for trying a three lane race.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1...iardo-demoted-two-grid-places-for-Canadian-GP

Ridiculous. Canada's marshalls are useless for things like this, where were they in the five minutes where they were parked in position? Montreal always has the most passive regulatory BS, out of any track.

Glad Hulk and Perez get into the top 10 'cause of this, since they get to use a fresh set of tires. But it'll be interesting seeing how hard Kimi's gonna put it to Checo, haha, wow I'm scared xD

Anyway, semi-entertaining quali. I had a feeling Vettel was doing the right thing putting in a banker lap asap in Q3. If only Kimi was able to get the jump on him like he tried.

Really astounded by Bottas, super happy he finally got his chance to shine, and extremely well he did. Funny how he seemed to meek in the press conference, but he is an F1 driver, he and a few others had a decent shot at pole had that standing water not been at the last chicane.

This isn't just luck on Vettel's part, he sets himself up for "luck" to come by and grace him. You gotta be smart in order to pull it off like that all the time, which he was.

But I have no doubt that RB will have a tough time staying at the tip of the spear, should be a great race. People are talking that it'll be dry tomorrow I guess, hope it isn't.

Vettel's pole lap:

Work of art seeing these guys cut through the wet.

Last edited:
Actually, the facts show I'm right. :lol:
F1 is in decline. Face it or keep drinking Red Bull till sunrise..

Do us all a favour then and stop watching and commentating on it. The fact you think the future of the sport is at stake because Red Bull are winning shows you know absolutely nothing about the sport at all.

This right here. This is the problem.

If you can't differentiate between what is fact and what is opinion, maybe you should be sharing neither.

How is it ironic?

I don't see why I should 'leave' this important point, when the future of F1 is at stake? F1 is going back to the mid noughties era - which, if we all recall, was utterly terrible and damaging for the sport. Do you want to go back there?

I don't. I want competitive racing, overtaking, action with bigger audiences and more money and talent pouring into the sport. None of this will happen if change doesn't happen.
Oh, I'm sorry, you seem to have mistaken my post for a request. It must have been where I said "please".

This thread is about the Canadian Grand Prix. STOP making it about whatever bias you think exists currently in F1.

:lol: Lotus facebook post:

So we'll start P10 and P29 for the Canadian Grand Prix. Oh well, perhaps next year we'll start from the centre of Montreal... We like a challenge.

931268_595767803774727_1082408764_n.jpg

I like the way Fernando's interview turned out correct as Kimi now is starting 10th.

I wonder if it is possible to get hold of the actual sector times. The live timing does not seem right, if it was then Lewis would be on pole.

Nah dude, that pic is fake, I can tell by some of the pixels, look at the guy in the red hat, obviously isn't there. They used some sort of digital pro software.

I hate Massa
I hate Fiat
I hate Agnelli family.

Another disgusting crash by an incompetent driver that race in Ferrari only because of Fiat dictate.

Show an example of Felipe crashing due to incompetence.

Really impressed by Bottas. Excellent pole by Vettel again in the wet, but I think this is Fernando's to lose if it is dry :)

Nah dude, that pic is fake, I can tell by some of the pixels, look at the guy in the red hat, obviously isn't there. They used some sort of digital pro software.

Google streetview. Of course Wardez, we have all scene F1 cars on squashed city streets :P

Show an example of Felipe crashing due to incompetence.

Like to see one as well.

Great job Bottas, I really want to know how he pulled that off. Did they bring some major upgrade? Other than the rear wing change every team brings...I find it hard to believe it would only be that. Either way what an amazing lap.

Like I've been saying if the rain keeps coming the RBR will be superior since it is the rain car, the Merc does good in it, but I feel the RBR has it more. Though Lewis in the rain is great, I don't know if it will be enough.

The fact you replied once after my post before this one and there is nearly an hour between this one and my one makes me think you are trying to recover. :P
jk.

I learned the weather forecast myself. No one knows. Could be raining and it could be dry and it could be a storm.

I see Lewis in for a chance as it is cold and the tyres should not be so much of an issue and if it is wet then he can drive quite well.

Sarcasm overload :(

When it does rain though, that last chicane really tends to turn into a nice pond.

Yeah, the official site's calling for rain, don't know whether I want it or not honestly :x

If it does rain though, I do want it to be full on, not monsoon, but enough to need full wets. This on-off-on-off stuff is only cool in Spa.

I like this on off stuff.

Imagine 20 laps to go and everyone has shreaded their 4 sets of inters yet it is too dry for wets and too wet for slicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back