2013 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 366 comments
Vettel did not have KERS for either of his flying laps, so easy to tell as well since he was up on his first sector time but down on the last two which are a lot less twisty and have long straights necessitating KERS for good pace.

Vettel did not have KERS for either of his flying laps, so easy to tell as well since he was up on his first sector time but down on the last two which are a lot less twisty and have long straights necessitating KERS for good pace.

Actually, his loss of pace in the last two sectors is because he's running more downforce than Webber so he'd be slower on the run up to spoon and 130R.

Where'd you hear that?

From what I could tell he should've been able to get into the '30s if he had KERS for those last two important sectors, which sort of compensates for the drag.

I haven't heard anything of a split set up when it comes to downforce between the two RBR's.

Where'd you hear that?

From what I could tell he should've been able to get into the '30s if he had KERS for those last two important sectors, which sort of compensates for the drag.

I haven't heard anything of a split set up when it comes to downforce between the two RBR's.

Sky commentary, they said Webber is running less wing. That would explain why he's suddenly almost 10kph faster through the speed trap than yesterday and fastest of all.

Horner gave Vettel's car to Webber this weekend.
And Vettel was using Webber's one with KERS problems.
They somehow need to keep specualtions down. :)

Hopefully tomorrow will be a good one,Hope Massa gets a decent result great Quali from him

and yes your gif Chromatic is pure gold :lol:

Charles Pic has managed to get a drive through penalty before the race has even started. He went through a red light at the end of pitlane for the second time this season, in this case in Q1.

Also, Jules Bianchi has a 10 place grid penalty, but due to Sutil and Pic also having penalties he manages to start one place higher than he qualified.

Funny old world at the back of the grid.

Horner gave Vettel's car to Webber this weekend.
And Vettel was using Webber's one with KERS problems.
They somehow need to keep specualtions down. :)

You mean Webber was given Vettel's rocketship and Vettel was given Webber's Andrea Moda and yet Vettel still managed to get second place?

Actually, I have noticed quite a change in attitude towards Vettel as of late on gtplanet. I can only guess that Jgreens' trolling isn't having the effect he intended.

Back on topic, despite the fact that I'm going to be very close to the circuit today, I won't actually be able to watch the race live for the first time in years. Why, oh why did my brother in law choose today of all days to introduce his family to his fiancee's?

Last edited:
F1 fan
You mean Webber was given Vettel's rocketship and Vettel was given Webber's Andrea Moda and yet Vettel still managed to get second place?

Clearly, that Andrea Moda is illegal with those wider tires, lower ride height, 3.5 liter engine...oops, it was just lapped by Mika Hakkinen's Caterham.

Clearly, that Andrea Moda is illegal with those wider tires, lower ride height, 3.5 liter engine...oops, it was just lapped by Mika Hakkinen's Caterham.

That thing was lapped by Webber's tyre from the German GP.

I wish it was only him thought @F1fan but he isn't some are more subtle and there are a couple as vocal and naive. Either way since I finally put a couple on ignore I digress and hope to see Mark make it a fight and get at least a win before he bows out.

I think unlike certain other tracks where Vettel has the edge if Mark can at least be in 2nd after lap one we could have a race on at the front, all things being equal (ie no mechanical issues) I don't think Vettel will run away from Webber. Not at Suzuka.

Outside of that potential battle for 1st I think we'll have some great racing behind them again, lot's of cars ever so slightly jumbled up which should give some good dicing.

Looking forward to it.

guys guys guys!!!, its going to be such an interesting race !!.... I definitely have no idea who will get around the 1st corner or even place 1st!!!! MAN IM EXCITED!!!

1351842385_1351716199_1344749803_1-1_zps603e268f.gif

Not the best thing to post here...

On topic: A reporter was interviewing Rodolfo Gonzalez and suddenly a horde of japanese fans approached him, wow, they're the best fans :D

Nothing up with that gif!

I'm expecting Vettel not to finish today and have a epic race. Well, hoping more than expecting. He is going to win the championship anyway, so it would be nice to have at least one race with a few going for it, instead of the Vettel disappearing off at an insane pace.

Nothing up with that gif!
Not up enough!

Still having high expectations for Button, and it should be an interesting start, maybe Webber will take off the pack, to then find Hamilton vs Vettel, also expecting huge things for Massa.

And wow, there goes Grojean.

Two inches more on that t-shirt and that would be a ten-pointer.

Hamilton had a little wiggle in that turn then his race turned all to hell.

Radio says contact with Vettel.

That was some first turn.

Go go Grosjean!

Hamilton tirelessly gets back to the pits.

What a start!

Good pace from Grosjean. Hope he can keep it up.

What's up with Kimi's car? Did they stop giving him upgrades after he announced his move? Would certainly save what little money the team has...

Both the Red Bulls got swamp at the start, Hamilton got snake eyes with a cut tire and Grosjean got the lead.

Wow, Vettel was just beat hard by his team mate, Grosjean and Hamilton. Luckily for him he gave Lewis a puncture and thus saved face slightly.

Back