2013 Formula 1 Santander German Grand Prix

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 395 comments
United Kingdom
Warwick Uni
lbsf1 GTP_lbsf1
obsmu (my brothers acount)
With only a week since the British Grand Prix the teams have raced across the continent to the Nurburgring. After the calamity that was Silverstone's tyre issues then it will be interested to see what the teams and drivers response are during the race weekend. Additionally with the race being Vettel, Rosberg and Mercedes home race they will all be feeling the pressure to perform well. Ladies and Gentlemen start your engines for the Grosser Preis Von Deutschland!

2013 Formula One Santander German Grand Prix
(From the Nurburgring)

d11ger1648.jpg

rr0bcp.png

Race Date: 07 Jul 2013
First Grand Prix: 1951
Number of Laps: 60
Circuit Length: 5.148 km
Race Distance: 308.623 km
Lap Record: 1:29.468 - M. Schumacher (2004)
2012 German Grand Prix Winner: Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)
Tyres: Medium (prime, white) and Soft (option, yellow)

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
Is that a picture of Hockenheim? I know last years GP was at Hockenheim, but as this years race is at the Nurburgring, maybe a picture of the 2011 race would be better? It doesn't really matter too much, but it irked me a little. It would be like having a picture of the Valencia street circuit if Donnington held the next European GP.

Is that a picture of Hockenheim? I know last years GP was at Hockenheim, but as this years race is at the Nurburgring, maybe a picture of the 2011 race would be better? It doesn't really matter too much, but it irked me a little. It would be like having a picture of the Valencia street circuit if Donnington held the next European GP.

Fair point, will be edited. The video is of 2011 if that makes you feel any better. ;)

Finally we get to see Hulkenburg race at the track he has dominated so many times in junior formula!

we'll see how the tyres hold up this time around. hopefully they're mounted correctly. :dopey:

webber, Nico, Hamilton, vettel, Fred. in any order(I didn't want to leave out Kimi and Massa but, I cant see them in top5 right now)

Sutil, Daniel, Kimi, Massa, di Resta all fight for 6th

Awesome, I didn't realize the German Grand Prix was going to be at Nurburgring! I'm curious on what the weather will be like on the day of the race...

I hope for a race :

Vettel scores little
Alonso scores some
Kimi scores max

all for the campionship!!

pirelli gives us a race to enjoy,but without dangerous blowouts...

Spy.

I'm curious on what the weather will be like on the day of the race...

Dry, warm, with a 60% chance of falling tire debris, followed by isolated showers of sparks with bits of carbon fiber.

Wear your rubbers properly, for a reduced chance of carnage.

Hoping to see Paul di Resta have a good quali followed by one of his brilliant drives. In Canada he qualified 17th and finished 7th. In Britain he qualified 5th but had to start 21st, but then managed to drive back to finish in the 9th position. It's only a matter of time before that brilliant driver lands himself on the podium. 👍

Hoping to see Paul di Resta have a good quali followed by one of his brilliant drives. In Canada he qualified 17th and finished 7th. In Britain he qualified 5th but had to start 21st, but then managed to drive back to finish in the 9th position. It's only a matter of time before that brilliant driver lands himself on the podium. 👍
Suddenly Di Resta is a brilliant driver? I doubt it. Force India have a great package this year, and both drivers are benefiting tremendously, so let's not get carried away.

I'm expecting a similar outcome to last weekend, albeit without 5 tyre blowouts and Vettel's breakdown.

It's gonna be another Hamilton vs Vettel showdown with Rosberg and Webber in tow and as usual Alonso and Raikkonen lurking not too far behind.

If Lewis won this race, it would make up for Silverstone, for me anyway.

Alonso will bloody well win this and it will be a comfortable victory as well. You hear???!!! *grumble grumble*

Rosberg is my favorite for this track, it's at home, he got a fast car, I can see him doing pretty good. Rosberg VS Vettel I guess. With Hamilton and Sutil maybe as contender. I dont see Ferrari or Lotus considering the pace they had in Silverstone. Now if we get SC you never know but in the current form I dont see any of them winning.

I'm not sure about who could win this. Mercedes are setting the track alight right now, and with the redesigned Pirellis, I think they could have a shot if the weather is just like it was in Silverstone. The Nurburgring GP-Strecke has fewer high-speed corners than Silverstone, and I doubt it has deadly kerbs like Silverstone's new Arena complex has. Judging by their performance at Monaco, Mercedes seem strong in low-speed corners, and that could work into their favour.

At the same time, Hamilton's got something to prove by now. His "inferior" teammate has two wins to his zero by now, and he had a good chance at winning last week. Expect him to be quick. Ditto for Vettel and Rosberg; the two Germans in cars capable of victory would want to give the home crowd a good show. Alonso would be an outside shot, as the Ferrari seems to be slipping back a little. Still, you can never count him out completely. Bring on Sunday!

Interesting infograph from the Mercedes AMG FB page:

1044349_10151465654577411_1826464258_n.jpg

I dream of a day when they can manage to make a F1 car drivable on the Nordschleife again. They last did it in like the 70s, right?

An F1 car can drive on the Nordschleife now. The issue isn't about the car but more about safety. It's just not safe to race cars at that speed around that track. The same reason we don't see LMP cars there either.

Being in the month of July, it will be Hamilton Vs Vettel with only Hamilton able to win it!

Brilliant, isn't it?! :lol:
July is my favourite month for F1 racing! 👍

I'm thinking it's more Rosberg / Hamilton though, but that's being greedy! :cheers:

Hamilton must be due a win, I just have a feeling he's going to be awesome but something stupid will stop him from winning. Why couldn't the tyre explosion happen at Barcelona instead of when he was actually winning? :crazy:

Well, he means for the racing I would think.

So, it's still no, not dangerous. The kink comes early enough that, even with a good run, the car won't be able to get alongside till after it.

But yeah, an F1 car on its own, that's nothing. They were doing 130R with DRS wide open, no problem.

Ok. I just thought that going round a corner with reduced rear downforce would make it easier to lose the back end.

They were doing 130R with DRS wide open, no problem.

Then why can't I do that in F1 2012?!! :lol:

Ok. I just thought that going round a corner with reduced rear downforce would make it easier to lose the back end.

Then why can't I do that in F1 2012?!! :lol:

haha, 'cause balls of steel aren't included with the purchase price of the game.

(also, tuning xD)

Here's video of the Ferraris going round the track, you'll see them using DRS through the kink:

Back