2013 NASCAR Thread

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 10,986 comments
I wish Trevor Bayne well dealing with multiple sclerosis (MS).

The closest of the NASCAR points races is in Nationwide, which Austin Dillon leading by eight over Sam Hornish Jr. Who do you think will win the Nationwide championship this weekend?

I wish Trevor Bayne well dealing with multiple sclerosis (MS).

The closest of the NASCAR points races is in Nationwide, which Austin Dillon leading by eight over Sam Hornish Jr. Who do you think will win the Nationwide championship this weekend?
I think Sam will make it.
AARP has unveiled the new DTEH scheme for Jeff, for the next season.
1455991_702010409812259_1262110519_n.jpg

How about you read the whole post before you unleash the caps lock fury there?

That DTEH #24 looks sharp. 👍

Now if only the other sponsors of his would show off new looks. Although I know that won't happen since his Pepsi Max car for next season has the flames on it.

Yeah, that AARP Drive to End Hunger car looks great. Part of me wants to see a throwback kind of paintscheme to the old Rainbow Warriors colors, like when I first followed NASCAR back in 1999. Jeff Gordon basically got me into NASCAR. DuPont is now Axalta, so I wonder what a throwback rainbow-colored #24 car would be like. Would you change the DuPont logo to the Axalta logo or something? Still, nice car.

I asked who you all think would win the Nationwide championship. Part of me kind of roots for Sam Hornish Jr. I take nothing away from Austin Dillon. This battle should be a good one to determine the champ in that series.

I'd like to see Hornish get the title, but I feel like that would have to come with Dillon having some kind of mechanical error, which seems to be highly unlikely to happen.

But.. we've seen some crazy things happen in the season finale races, so anything is possible yet.

Looking at the points, IF something did happen to kill the 48 early (engine, gear, ICEYOU), if Matt doesn't have a great race, top 15 maybe, Kevin Harvick could pull the rug out from under both of them. He is 34 points back of JJ, but 6 behind Matt. Could it happen? If it does, I'll be laughing until January for how stupid all this has been.
How could I stop Jimmie from winning his 6th and final championship?

I AGREE!! AND I'm really tired of seeing the advertisement of Jimmie Johnson's championships being compared to Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt's. They won their championships by dominating the entire season, not hanging around the top 12 and getting a second chance to start over. There's little to no RACING left in this era. You can't compare the B/S era to the Modern era OR the classical era, JJ's championships are not the same.
I don't think either Petty or Dale Sr. would have as many championships as JJ has if they played by the same rules as JJ played by. Here's why when Petty/Sr. won a lot they had a big advantage because they had "First" pick for pit stalls just because they were defending champs, JJ never had this nor did Gordon!

Petty would of probably won more if he didn't keep getting injured- I think about 3 times when he was leading points he got injured and missed races.
It also would of helped if the Championship was the priority in those days. Fred Lorenzen is one of the greats but I don't think he ever ran a full Cup season because he was only worried about the big paying races.

That's another good point. Most of them were racing because it was the only way for them to earn money... what little of it they managed to get from racing.

FOX Sports 1 is currently showing the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East series racing at Road Atlanta. 25 cars took the green flag at Road Atlanta. To my knowledge, NASCAR has raced at Road Atlanta before. It would be interesting to see NASCAR race Road Atlanta or even Sebring. That's even if you have to set up a lot of flood lights in case you want to do some night racing at either or both tracks.

Still looking forward to the Homestead action.

[UPDATE] In case you're wondering about lap times with these K&N Pro Series cars, lap times in the race have ranged between about 88 seconds (1:28.00) to 92 seconds (1:32.000).

FOX Sports 1 is currently showing the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East series racing at Road Atlanta. 25 cars took the green flag at Road Atlanta. To my knowledge, NASCAR has raced at Road Atlanta before. It would be interesting to see NASCAR race Road Atlanta or even Sebring. That's even if you have to set up a lot of flood lights in case you want to do some night racing at either or both tracks.

Still looking forward to the Homestead action.

[UPDATE] In case you're wondering about lap times with these K&N Pro Series cars, lap times in the race have ranged between about 88 seconds (1:28.00) to 92 seconds (1:32.000).

And if you'll notice, it was on Petit Le Mans Weekend.

Jayski.com
Elliotts and Hendrick meet with NAPA? hearing earlier this week that Chase and Bill Elliott, Rick Hendrick and Kelley Earnhardt Miller met with officials at the NAPA Auo Parts headquarters in Atlanta. No definite word on what the meeting was about. Chase Elliott, a Hendrick Motorsports development driver, is looking for a sponsor for whatever series he may run in 2014. His former sponsor, Aaron's, decided not to sponsor Elliott in 2014 and ramp up their sponsorship of Brian Vickers in the #55 Michael Waltrip Racing Sprint Cup Series team for all the races in 2014 & 2015. NAPA Auto Parts had been a long time sponsor of Waltrip and his #56 team with soon to be former driver Martin Truex Jr. NAPA canceled their sponsorship of the #56 team and MWR after the "Richmond Scandal" in September. It'll be interesting to see what NAPA may do as rumors had them not returning to sponsor any NASCAR team in 2014 and sitting out the season and then rethinking their sponsorship plans. Have heard reports that NAPA did not want to sponsor a team in the Nationwide Series or Camping World Truck Series. Have heard that NAPA does not wish take over for Nationwide as the series sponsor what is now called the Nationwide Series when Nationwide leaves at the end of the 2014 season. Been told that NAPA only wants to sponsor a Sprint Cup Series team for a full season. Rumors also had NAPA moving over to the #78 Furniture Row Racing team with Martin Truex Jr. in some capacity.(11-15-2013)

Don't really see how it would happen though, unless Hendrick got him into a satellite organization(There are enough of them). At least it seems NAPA will stay in the sport.

Time to [sadly] end the 2013 season of NASCAR this weekend. The Trucks will tussle one last time this season tonight at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Matt Crafton doesn't have to do very much to win the championship. While the championship will very likely go his way, it is still a chance for the rest of the pack to get that one last win.

Good luck to all drivers and teams competing this weekend at Homestead- including the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Weather is expected to be fairly cloudy with chances of rain, according to AccuWeather and Weather Underground. I just hope Mother Nature doesn't go on some rampage as NASCAR concludes the 2013 season.

Some Trucks going in the pits. I don't think anyone getting the tires will be able to catch up, amount of laps left is too short. There has got to be multiple attempts in order for that to even work and that's assuming we're gonna have those kinda of chaotic starts. Of course, anything can happen.

Edit: And Ross just made me look stupid with that move. Caution has come out and it will now bring him closer.

Back