2013 NASCAR Thread

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 10,986 comments
No they weren't they were last used in 88 and banned from 1989 onward. However, you're right about that guy not knowing when and why the turbo era ended. Also @Johnny1996 Senna's death prompted a change in aerodynamics that reduced it by a good degree. The sides were raised and the wishbones were strengthened to prevent such accidents again -though technically it didn't since more was done recently due to a open wheel death.

Thanks! I knew that Senna's death did spark some changes, couldn't remember exactly what.

Major props to the 44 team. They are never towards the front like that so for them to be in the top 10 is very impressive. Same has to be said about Blake Koch in the 99.

Champion without even winning a single race.

That caution locked it up though. Without that, Austin would have fallen further back and not won it.

Penske wins the owners title, Brad wins the race and Austin wins the championship. Not one thing went well and once again, the guy I root for loses for the third year in a row :indiff:

Its almost as if in one series one thing is preached while in the other, something different is preached.

I don't follow the Truck and Busch Series all that much, but I got home in time from work to see the final 18 laps of the race today. I would ask why the hell they didn't throw the red flag near the end, but I imagine most would know why. I'm generally not a conspiracy theorist, but I'm pretty damn sure they were dragging the end of the race out to get that #3 car a championship. With more laps, Hornish would have had a chance. He was holding his own in front of the big pack while Dillon was struggling in there. Even just 5 more laps probably would have made a difference.

I'm happy that Austin Dillon won the championship! I really like that kid! :D

Why does everyone hate Austin Dillon so much? :confused:

The No. 32 @TSMotorsports car of @KyleLarsonRacin was low left front in inspection. #NASCAR will address in the coming days.
That sucks for Kyle.

If not for the caution laps Hornish woulda have won it. Anyways, congrats to Austin A.K.A "cowboy hat" for being paper champion (However, that doesn't not diminish the merit of having fought hard to get the title.) I'm kind of happy and upset at the same time...

Confirmed: KBM's operations in NNS will not continue due to lack of funding the next season. Kligerman is out of the #77.

Last edited:
Last Homestead race I watch after this season. And about the stupid caution instead of the red flag, let the conspiracy theorists begin doing what they do best. Congratulations to Austin Dillon winning the championship, congratulations to whoever won the race, and great effort by Sam Hornish.

I'm happy that Austin Dillon won the championship! I really like that kid! :D

Why does everyone hate Austin Dillon so much? :confused:

Likely because he brought back the #3, and that many people say that it is Dale Sr's number, even though Richard Childress, not the Earnhardt family or NASCAR, owns the rights to the number. If Childress owns the rights, coupled with the fact that Dillon is his grandson, anything goes with the number 3.

So Austin Dillon won the Nationwide Series championship? I didn't get to follow the race at all, but I am pretty sure of the circumstances in which he won the title based on impressions from fellow GTPlaneteers. Congrats anyways to Austin Dillon.

I would like to point out that I have nothing against Dillon. He ran well enough throughout the season to become the champion. Congrats to him. The ending just didn't sit well with me.

Back