2013 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 1,092 comments
A lot of guys from different forums upload them like this, unlisted, to try and keep the FOM off their backs for as long as possible. So while I'm sure there're more, it'll be tough to find them. One can only count on these types of captures to randomly fall into one's lap. Or you could move to England haha.

What I really love getting lucky with is when people post entire races from onboard the cars with no commentary, pure sound and racing.

I am aware of the switch to V6 turbos, although I did misunderstand your post. So I'm running 50/50. :)

But either way, the FIA takes a very dim view of these things. And we just have to look back at Toyota's foray into the WRC in the early 90s to see what happens when you get caught.

Then don't get caught...if RBR can beat the flex test and still have the most flexible front wing, I'm sure one of these teams can figure out how to cheat a turbo system

So does anyone think this will affect Vettel's psyche at all? I mean obviously its not the greatest way to start the season and boost team morale and the reaction from the team is surely going to have some effect if only for the short-term? It could spur him on to try even harder or make him back off, we have seen so very clearly with Hamilton what can go wrong if your head isn't right. But Vettel seems a very focused and committed character..so its hard to think of him really getting rattled.

I dont think it's gonna affect Vettel at all. He's love in his team and that's all that matter. If you look at what happen after the incident, Vettel went back in the factory to work with his team to make the car better while Webber went back surfing in Australia. IF anyone is affected it's gonna be Mark. It can destroy you motivation, knowning that if you did that you would probably have a big penalty or even be kicked out of the team but if it's your co-driver it's no problem.

This post will stray from the controversy discussion and also, this might be late but on the Friday session, I went to circuit since it's free for only that day to enter to any grandstand area. It was also my first time attend F1 event! Man, that sound. :drool:

I tag along Prince M5 and his friend too!

Here are some of many photos that I'd taken:

These were took on the last corner of the Tower Stand

Just one better photo from the main grandstand:

And lastly, on the first corner:

---​

All of this was taken by my years old PENTAX K100 D Super (no high power lense and camera for me. @_@) and the photos are improve using Lightroom.

It was great meeting you too, ZEROX! :D

I had a rubbish camera that time and only able to take picture like this:

299199_3962888810970_1113659527_n.jpg

Still better than nothing eh? :lol:

Good stuff guys, hope you had fun 👍

If any of you are super bored enough, you can watch all three hours of the 2007 F1 season review here on Vimeo:

New F1 team being unveiled today in about an hour from the time of this post, "Dupont F1":

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106462

http://www.dupontf1.com/

There will be a new F1 team on the grid in 2014, AUTOSPORT can reveal.

Dupont F1 claims to have the funding in place to match its ambitious aims of challenging the established race winners.

The team has been carrying out a stealth recruitment campaign of top technical personnel over the past six months. AUTOSPORT has learned that about 20 staff are already on board and the team is expanding fast with a full design team expected to be in place by October 2013.

The project is spearheaded by Vincent Dupont, a 50-year-old French businessman and entrepreneur from the cosmetics and luxury brand industry.

AUTOSPORT understands that Dupont F1 is in the final stages of negotiation with a major supercar manufacturer to become a partner in the team. It also has the backing of a significant telecoms company.

The driver line-up is expected to feature an ex-world champion and a promising rookie.

Dupont F1 intends to register as a French team, but it is currently evaluating locations for a suitable UK base.

Presentation of the Dupont F1 team is due to take place online at www.dupontf1.com at 11.55am (BST) today (Monday 1 April).

Last edited:
You gotta believe it Silver. Come on, what better way to get some BIG attention than today?

Alex has been trying to save F1 teams for a while now and with his wife's new business and the right "partners" in industry, we could have a real winner here!

Just look at that nice blue cloth, so nice.

In addition to that, it's been pulled from the Autosport main page. Article #106461 is about Lea Wood in the BTCC; article #106463 is about Sergio Perez. There is no article #106462.

It's believed that "Vincent Dupont" is actually a character in a novel called SuperEgo written by Julia Wurz:
Stylish, successful, and king of the soundbite, Vincent Dupont is Formula 1’s team boss extraordinaire.

Kate Ellison, an avid Formula 1 fan, believes she has hit the career jackpot when she lands the job as Press Officer for his top team. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work with top international media, world-class racing drivers and most significantly, Vincent Dupont.

Thrown into a schedule of non-stop work and international five star travel, Kate’s brief, to uphold the flawless image of her notoriously media savvy boss, should be straightforward. But Vincent is becoming the focus of increasing media criticism due to poor on-track results and flagrant misuse of the team budget on developing his own brand. Kate finds herself navigating colossal egos, Machiavellian politics and an omnipresent well-informed media.

As the cracks widen in his once perfect image and the financial and performance woes increase, Vincent’s methods turn increasingly ruthless and Kate becomes an accomplice in his amoral game plan.

Kate is ambitious and wants to succeed in Formula 1 but her conscience is eating her alive. Vincent Dupont is the ultimate symbol of F1 success, so is his cold-blooded approach her only recourse?
Although strangely, the novel was published three weeks ago. If this is all a PR stunt to announce it, then it's utterly failed - and all the moreso because Julia Wurz was once the press officer for Benetton.

You gotta believe it Silver. Come on, what better way to get some BIG attention than today?

Alex has been trying to save F1 teams for a while now and with his wife's new business and the right "partners" in industry, we could have a real winner here!

Just look at that nice blue cloth, so nice.
I thought them supplying chassis to the teams in the newly reforming A1 GP world championship would get them enough attention? Alex had already been confirmed as driver for Team Austria.

For those who aren't fans of laughter and would rather raise an eyebrow and fondle their chins, here's a great breakdown of the whole "Dupont F1" thing here:
Well, part of the problem is that you're treating a thread dedicated to a specific race as a place to discuss unrelated news items, both real and fake.

Well you got me there, everything covered in those three categories. Yup, nothing else worth discussing.

Well, part of the problem is that you're treating a thread dedicated to a specific race as a place to discuss unrelated news items, both real and fake.

It's april fool chill out. If it's not here where else should we discuss it ? Wardez is always providing interesting stories, why censoring him all of a sudden ?

Instead of telling us it shouldnt be discuss here, could you rather point us to where we should discuss it ?

F1 should have a general discussion thread like Le Mans and its series do, because it totally wouldn't be overly cluttered.

Well I thought we lived in a much simpler world, where a GP thread could serve as a general discussion/misc. news thread in between races for items that don't fit in the categorical F1 threads that cover drivers, engines, testing, etc.

Also, it's not like I'm starting up new threads for each joke or anything, would you rather have that?
Don't get all the bitterness.

Last edited:
Back