2013 UBS Chinese Grand Prix

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 476 comments
My favourite is Hamilton.

Sure Vettel and Button have tyre advantage but they will be held up by those in front and not be able to take full advantage yet when they have to use the softs the rest should have a clearer track.

I find it strange that so many people are completely writing off Hamilton's chances of victory, Hamilton has proven last year that when he must look after his tyres he can and the Merc of this season is significantly better in terms of tyre preservation than last year. Judging by the speed traps in quali the Merc will be hard to overtake and defend against and judging by practice the Merc can go very long and fast on the harder compound which is what the majority of the race will be run on. I have no idea what to expect but for anyone to suggest he or Rosberg is out of it is daft.

Its amazing to see how stiff McLaren are running their car, there is no suspension movement! Its bouncing all over the place!

Its amazing to see how stiff McLaren are running their car, there is no suspension movement! Its bouncing all over the place!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52XGpW-1SRc">YouTube Link</a>

Does that have something to do with the Pull Rod suspension?

Oh also remember Lewis is a king when going fast on worn tyres.

Look at 2007. True he binned it but there was literally no rubber left yet he managed to keep it going until the pit lane.

I find it strange that so many people are completely writing off Hamilton's chances of victory, Hamilton has proven last year that when he must look after his tyres he can and the Merc of this season is significantly better in terms of tyre preservation than last year. Judging by the speed traps in quali the Merc will be hard to overtake and defend against and judging by practice the Merc can go very long and fast on the harder compound which is what the majority of the race will be run on. I have no idea what to expect but for anyone to suggest he or Rosberg is out of it is daft.

I completely agree. Don't count Mercedes out just yet.

On the other hand, don't forget how Mercedes took a victory from start to finish at Malaysia last year, then took pole in China, and then they did basically nothing during the second half of the season.

3a18fc582d1c82f35ca4dc266c549.jpg

Probably although McLaren tend to run a very stiff car from time to time, I remember the 2009 McLaren looking very stiff too.

Their cars have just seemed to be stiff for years now, since 2009. The 2009 car used to 3 wheel at lot, if I remember correctly.

TyrrellRacing
My money is on Webber; Singapore is still fresh in my memory.

I don't see how anyone could bank on a guy starting at the rear. Sure, on occasion a driver starts back there and passes most if the field, but it's rare, and I don't see Mark doing it.

I don't see how anyone could bank on a guy starting at the rear. Sure, on occasion a driver starts back there and passes most if the field, but it's rare, and I don't see Mark doing it.

Webber started 18th last year and finished 3rd. It is possible.

Just found out Webber to start from rear. Being the positive type I am the way I see it he at least wont lose 5 places at the start.

Cheers Shaun.

On the other hand, don't forget how Mercedes took a victory from start to finish at Malaysia last year, then took pole in China, and then they did basically nothing during the second half of the season.

Alonso won in Malaysia last year. Rosberg took pole and won the race last year.

Mercedes have always been strong here. Rosberg lead here in 2010 and 2011. I wouldn't rule him or Lewis out of winning today.

Webber starting from pitlane. New transmission geared for better straightline speed and a less aggressive setup to manage the tires better.

www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106740

Keep a good eye on him! He's gonna storm the field. Remember he went 18th to third, finishing 2 seconds behind Vettel here before.

If he gets on the podium as clean as he usually races (and gets there without the help of super lucky safety car periods) it'll easily hammer in the point that Mark's much better at going wheel-to-wheel than Seb.

Get ready guys, this race is going to be ****ing epic.

So its 7am, im up and ready for some F1 action!

Force India working furiously on Paul Di Resta's car as he has a fuel leak!...pit lane opens in 10 mins...

Last edited:
At least it's a slightly less antisocial start time today. The thing I'm most looking forward to is seeing what Jenson and Vettel can do with their alternate strategy.

Beattie said it best: "in two-wheels there is no radio, no radio communications"
I say do away with radios and go back to pit boards only. If your tyre is going down, so be it. If you're having hydraulic problems, too bad. Your engine blows up on the last lap, oh well.

Di Resta must have breathed a huge sigh of relief when the fixed that car! No Hulkenburg moment for him!

Funny that webber starts in pits with a due to a fuel pressure issue.

Starting last you may as well, not gonna lose anything.

Been a long time since I watched a grid walk. Usually don't get to the TV till 5 minutes before or so. Today though I was once again screwed over by time change an thought it was a 7am start. :lol:

The winner is definitely going to come from the starting top ten. Hopefully someone who hasn't won this year would be nice. I expect Webber to get some points, and loads of easy DRS overtakes.

Back