2013 US G.D. - Racecamp is finished! Nick McMillen (GumballCGT) is our champion!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,566 comments
Does anyone know which of the current top 32 are not eligible? Would be nice to know where the real cutoff is since it clearly wont be 31st.

Does anyone know which of the current top 32 are not eligible? Would be nice to know where the real cutoff is since it clearly wont be 31st.

I'm going off of memory so I'm sure this isn't completely accurate.

doodle
reude
Let Canada In
TX_driven
one of carracers's two times
L_Harrison
indydriver
A7XMaverick?
darweeze
Dr_3wide_skills

feel free to correct me, looks like 10?

Indydriver is eligible I know for sure he made finals last year but not silverstone. And I believe ruede is eligible too.

Keep in mind past finalists at this exact point in time are not confirmed to be ineligible. :)

Very true only ones you can be for sure on is carracer double name and let canada in and doodle cause of age. My goal just be in top 31 and have no worries about who eligible. 👍

Might just take a break for a day or two and see if that helps.

It did help for me last time I paused for two days. I improved from 18.212 to 17.909 in 5-6 laps...

And today I had a solid go and your ghost seemed to attract me. Before chasing it, I wasn't even close from doing 17's and as soon as I loaded it, I was able to complete many 17.6-17.7 and even one 17.591, unfortunately all invalid due to small offtracks here and there. I finished with a 17.777, but I feel I will reach 17.4 or even 17.3 sooner or later.

KingBestJr
Where do yall think cutoff will be for.top 31? Im thinking some where in 17.8 or .9 range.
Hard to say. I know for certain there's a few people that haven't made an attempt yet, plus some newcomers. My initial guess was a 17.5 and I'm sticking to that.

Reude is still eligible as am I. We finished 20th/21st at finals last year. Looks like there are definitely 5 or 6 for sure who aren't eligible. Good to see a couple of you guys up there from last year. Hopefully I can stay top 31 again. Keep running 18.3s and 18.2s. Pretty decent first sector and half through second sector till the 3-4 back to back corners. I blow it almost every time through there. If I could just nail that I'd be in the high 17s.

I feel like I am in way over my head here, but I'm getting close. 33 at the moment. What a great group of guys. Who else here has absolutely no real life experience?

Edit: Gumball, Oregon? What part? I'm from the Portland/Beaverton area!

Last edited:
I feel like I am in way over my head here, but I'm getting close. 33 at the moment. What a great group of guys. Who else here has absolutely no real life experience?

Very cool! I'm in Salem actually. And Reude108 (Dan is his name) is actually from Vancouver, WA. We became buds after we ended up on the same flight for finals last year lol. BrianM3 is also from ptown area as well. I think he's 40th right now. Hopefully he can pick it up and qualify again this year. Good luck to you by the way! Maybe we can meet up before GTA ends. Feel free to PM me!

Keep in mind past finalists at this exact point in time are not confirmed to be ineligible. :)

Jeff Stuart talked to a Sony rep and they confirmed to us that the class of 2012 are all officially ineligible and they're going to amend the rules to make that more clear soon.

As for whether that includes 2011, it's likely, but still haven't heard direct word.

Very cool! I'm in Salem actually. And Reude108 (Dan is his name) is actually from Vancouver, WA. We became buds after we ended up on the same flight for finals last year lol. BrianM3 is also from ptown area as well. I think he's 40th right now. Hopefully he can pick it up and qualify again this year. Good luck to you by the way! Maybe we can meet up before GTA ends. Feel free to PM me!

That's awesome, lot's of talent in this area!

Thanks, by the way. It would be kind of cool to have a NW GTA meetup at some point!

Do you guys have any real life experience?

That's awesome, lot's of talent in this area!

Thanks, by the way. It would be kind of cool to have a NW GTA meetup at some point!

Do you guys have any real life experience?

Hey guys, Nick how are you bud? Long time no talk to lol. Well I'm back in town from VA so we should meet up soon. As for getting us all together lets do it! Hopefully we all qualify for Nationals, that sure would be something!

As for real life experience, ahhh thats a tough one for me to answer, but technically I don't hold an automotive race license of any kind.

Hey guys, Nick how are you bud? Long time no talk to lol. Well I'm back in town from VA so we should meet up soon. As for getting us all together lets do it! Hopefully we all qualify for Nationals, that sure would be something!

As for real life experience, ahhh thats a tough one for me to answer, but technically I don't hold an automotive race license of any kind.

For sure Brian! And I've been doing alright. Hope you been well! Would be good to get together again. I know we're definitely capable of all qualifying again. I'll message you and Dan and maybe we can get something going. We can get Sileighty (sorry for spelling lol) in on it too.

As for myself I've got some autocross and a track day but that's about it. As for Brian that's a good way to put it ;) haha

Some nice times are being put down now. I took a 3 day break and dropped to 29th, time to get back to the grind.

I have no track experience in cars, but I did race motocross and I'm getting into racing superbikes. I've had a few track days now and it's awesome!

Maybe people are assuming that the qualifier doesn't count till the last two weeks like last year or something. I'm sure the numbers will steadily rise though, at least 100,00 for the US.

Right here. 👍

In response to that video, would kill to do what Doherty is doing...

Latest Posts

Back