2013 US G.D. - Racecamp is finished! Nick McMillen (GumballCGT) is our champion!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,566 comments
That's brilliant! 👍 is that #1 controller in the world? If not you must be close

Thanks! samurai has the best controller lap right now, he's about 5 tenths ahead of me. I'm actually the 3rd fastest. :)

Nice doodle!

Do you have a drivers license?

Thanks! Yes I do, I got it July 1st. :)

Well done doodle! When do you turn 18? Great job 👍

Thanks! I turn 18 on December 2014. :D

I use the wheel for fun. I use the DS3 when I get serious. :sly:

That is quite insane, considering how this car must be driven in order to go fast.

Oh and I read earlier your comment about Let_Canada_ln being Turismo-lester. How are you so sure?

Any Canadian could have decided to imitate his show of last year don't you think? :)

3 hours of lapping and I got nothing but 18.2s and .3s so I was going to call it a day. Then I had a .096 where I lost a potential 17 when the rear wouldn't kick out properly at Vale. However, I hit Stowe better than all my other attempts so I tried again.

S1 was a personal best (37.75x). Brooklands and Luffield could've been a little better. Copse was a dog, thanks to the front losing grip first, but I still stayed ahead of my .096 lap. At Maggots, I had used all the rumbles on the left only they tended to hurt my prior laps more than helped. Therefore I went with a straighter approach for the heck of it and wound up with the best sector time I've had by S3. Stowe was good but I could've had a bit more gas on the exit. Finally, Vale where I've spun, gone loose, went wide and even frozen completely. Like at Copse, the car was stubborn at turning but when I peeked at my ghost, I had a gap. I literally jerked forward on my seat as though that would help me earn an extra hundredth.

2:17.989

I won't be happy with that time come next week (hopefully) but right now, I feel like I've already won. :dopey:

Oh and I read earlier your comment about Let_Canada_ln being Turismo-lester. How are you so sure?

Any Canadian could have decided to imitate his show of last year don't you think? :)

He told me that during last years Academy. He doesn't seem to understand the contest laws that you guys seem to have. :dunce:

He told me that during last years Academy. He doesn't seem to understand the contest laws that you guys seem to have. :dunce:

Yes you are right but what I meant is that if you look closely, you notice that there are two special names in the US rankings.

First is Let_Canada_In (Turismo-lester) and second is Let_Canada_ln (maybe some other Canadian dude)

I'm here to say I have nooooooooo idea who it is. :)

Yes you are right but what I meant is that if you look closely, you notice that there are two special names in the US rankings.

First is Let_Canada_In (Turismo-lester) and second is Let_Canada_ln (maybe some other Canadian dude)

I was curious about that.

lapierre4

Hmmm. Noooooo idea either ;)

outlaw4rc
3 hours of lapping and I got nothing but 18.2s and .3s so I was going to call it a day. Then I had a .096 where I lost a potential 17 when the rear wouldn't kick out properly at Vale. However, I hit Stowe better than all my other attempts so I tried again.

S1 was a personal best (37.75x). Brooklands and Luffield could've been a little better. Copse was a dog, thanks to the front losing grip first, but I still stayed ahead of my .096 lap. At Maggots, I had used all the rumbles on the left only they tended to hurt my prior laps more than helped. Therefore I went with a straighter approach for the heck of it and wound up with the best sector time I've had by S3. Stowe was good but I could've had a bit more gas on the exit. Finally, Vale where I've spun, gone loose, went wide and even frozen completely. Like at Copse, the car was stubborn at turning but when I peeked at my ghost, I had a gap. I literally jerked forward on my seat as though that would help me earn an extra hundredth.

I won't be happy with that time come next week (hopefully) but right now, I feel like I've already won. :dopey:

Keep pushing Rich. I will be disappointed if you don't go this year. You were one of the fastest of all of us during practice last year. Your race craft is awesome, you just need to get past the TT.

PS - sorry for not editing my other post. I'm not great at quoting using this tablet.

Oh.. And carraracer. Nice pace man. Both of you ;)

Doodle, amazing pad times! Why you got to show up the other contestants with your crazy pad wizardry ;)

I am also hoping that you make the finals this year ... As Reevos stated, your race craft is masterful and you should make it to Silverstone once you get past this TT. Great pace so far and I'm sure you'll continue to chisel a bit more off that time before the 28th.

Hell yeah, got a time in and beat some of my GTP_ friends. Now, only 4,000 more places to go! :lol:

Dang I take a couple days off look at leaderboard dropped from 12th to 25th. Guess another session is coming soon lol.

Keep pushing Rich. I will be disappointed if you don't go this year. You were one of the fastest of all of us during practice last year. Your race craft is awesome, you just need to get past the TT.

I am also hoping that you make the finals this year ... As Reevos stated, your race craft is masterful and you should make it to Silverstone once you get past this TT. Great pace so far and I'm sure you'll continue to chisel a bit more off that time before the 28th.
Thanks, guys. Didn't think I'd be this high up but as I said, a lot of players haven't even put up a time yet. I know I can squeeze out maybe two tenths more but any more will test my sanity. :lol:

On a related note, I have done about two 10 lap runs to work on race pace for GT6. Tougher to string together identical laps but I did manage to keep myself under a 19 on the second attempt.

Well ran about 10 laps with every dang one of them.being 18.4 ot 18.5 driving me nuts I keep blowing.last sector.

doodlemonoply
2:17.565! P1 for the US! :D

Nice time doodle! Especially with a DS3 controller. 👍

I hope you will be ready for 2015 GT Academy since you will be 18 then. Good luck with the TT this year and beyond. :)👍

I need to improve my time with the tuned 370Z now. I'm sitting on 2:24.73, but I need to push it down to a 2:20 or a 2:18 tonight. Wish me luck. 👍

Last edited:
Finally beat my time moved up 13th US with a 18.206 definetly believe I have a 17.9 in me. Doodle that 17.5 is impressive. 👍

Edit: Just bettered that time with a 18.088 having a good session after couple day break.

Last edited:
I pushed my time of 2:24.73 to a 2:22.81, finally!!! I already understand how to enter the Stowe corner with different speeds and entries, but I'll keep experimenting to see if I can get lower times. 👍

I'll get back later. And your time is still up there doodle. 👍

Just got my time down to a 21.7XX. That puts me 840 in the country :)

Anyone know how many people have done the competition? Like in the world and by country?

It looks like I've hit a brick wall. I'm really struggling to improve now. Might just take a break for a day or two and see if that helps.

I hate when I first get on for a session. I know it's going to take a half hour just to get a rythm down.

Where do yall think cutoff will be for.top 31? Im thinking some where in 17.8 or .9 range.

It looks like I've hit a brick wall. I'm really struggling to improve now. Might just take a break for a day or two and see if that helps.

It's a shame about your age. But honestly you could probably not lap at all for the rest of the comp and easily still be in the top 10 at the end.

Just got my time down to a 21.7XX. That puts me 840 in the country :)

Anyone know how many people have done the competition? Like in the world and by country?

I have an account that I ran an 11:06:xx.xxx on to check that. I'll look later when I get home and try to report back but last night it was something like 15,500 in the US and 122,xxx globally. Pretty small yet it seems :dunce:

Back