2013 US G.D. - Racecamp is finished! Nick McMillen (GumballCGT) is our champion!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,566 comments
Great show this season guys, it's been fun to watch, I'm looking forward to see how it turns out!

Also I was thinking about how cool it would be if in GT6 Kaz used all the GT Academy Silverstone participants names as AI names in offline mode? Kind of a nerdy thought, but it would be cool nonetheless to be a part of GT forever.

Brilliant! The answer is always no until you ask...let's start spamming emails, facebook, twitter, etc ;)

Last edited:
Great show this season guys, it's been fun to watch, I'm looking forward to see how it turns out!

Also I was thinking about how cool it would be if in GT6 Kaz used all the GT Academy Silverstone participants names as AI names in offline mode? Kind of a nerdy thought, but it would be cool nonetheless to be a part of GT forever.

I love that idea too... even if they just added the names to the AI roster. And how easy would that be for them? Soooo easy.

No, they wont be slow, they will be your drivatars. There will be an option for "GT Academy" difficulty in the game, if you select this difficulty, you will be competing against GT Academy finalist drivatars, it will be much harder than normal. ;)

Great show so far this season guys, Patrick, I can't believe I am seeing you on TV. You represented John Deere club well by mowing down all those cones lol! The debate they had on the show was the same exact debate we all had here years ago during the first GT Academy when we used the run off. Remember all the controversy?

I can't wait to see the last episode(s).

I watched the last two episodes yesterday, and felt the presentation of the character "Joey" to be a bit disgraced (of course I am not without bias! lol) Then I remembered I signed up to be an actor on a tv-show :)

One final thanks to everyone who helped me prepare for the academy this year, I learned alot about driving on a real racetrack and met bunch of great people in the process. Lots of potential in this years group, I hope we all find a way to stay in touch, preferably trading paint on the track!!

Take Care Fellas,
Joey

Finally got to watch episode 5 after landing in the states an hour ago (apparently SpikeTV won't let you view certain videos in Mexico...grrrr). I was surprised to see Joey go home- you seemed so well prepared dude. Props to all the competitors on that hangar challenge- crazy.

Just wanted to say that I have been watching the episodes weekly on Spike.

Big hats off to all of you guys who made it to Silverstone (and those that didn't as well)! 👍

Now that Stowe is in GT6, its surreal watching the episodes after learning the track. :dopey:

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that I have been watching the episodes weekly on Spike.
Big hats off to all of you guys who made it to Silverstone (and those that didn't as well)! 👍
Now that Stowe is in GT6, its surreal watching the episodes after learning the track. :dopey:

After reading outlaw4rc's posts regarding unfamiliarity with the clutch...
...there is much angst online about the state of the clutch in GT5 and now GT6.
Its not perfect, its unforgiving, but I think that serves a purpose.

So where am I going with this?
If anyone out there has a shot at future GTA, and finds them selves in outlaw4rc's situation...

1) Learn how to use a clutch on motorcycle, if circumstances don't allow for a car.
Gonna disagree. You need a manual car not just to shift but to practice driving at the limit. No matter how much someone practices with GT6, it is still not an adequate substitute for dealing in a competitive enviroment against those that have months or even years with real world experience.

At this point, I've lost the desire to try GTA again. The time but more importantly, money, needed for me to be competent is too much, especially when I have other, more realistic goals.

Gonna disagree. You need a manual car not just to shift but to practice driving at the limit. No matter how much someone practices with GT6, it is still not an adequate substitute for dealing in a competitive enviroment against those that have months or even years with real world experience.

At this point, I've lost the desire to try GTA again. The time but more importantly, money, needed for me to be competent is too much, especially when I have other, more realistic goals.

I just meant it doing that instead of going in cold turkey.
I completely agree with you, its not an adequate substitute.

I actually changed my mind about my post...
...and deleted the part you quoted.
...but you beat to me to the draw.

Anyway you went a lot farther in that endeavor than most others.
I am sure you will do well at what ever your set your mind to.
Hats off! 👍 👍

I'm hoping my boy Patrick wins! :D He murdered those poor cones last week. I wonder what comes out of his sleeves tonight! :lol:

Should have seen the cone carnage when all 12 of us were out on stowe with the formula cars for a long hot-lapping session. Little orange bodies everywhere from our greedy little cuts. Glad I didn't have to go back to the paddock and tell their parents what happened. Poor little guys.

Should have seen the cone carnage when all 12 of us were out on stowe with the formula cars for a long hot-lapping session. Little orange bodies everywhere from our greedy little cuts. Glad I didn't have to go back to the paddock and tell their parents what happened. Poor little guys.

If only they'd actually show it on TV. :indiff:

Congratulations NICK!!! Great win and impressive driving. Put the pressure on and stay consistent, wait for the mistake, and seize the opportunity.

Poor Chris, pole is cursed, if you wanna win, don't start from there! :lol:

But definitely the best final race of all three US Racecamps.

Congrat's Nick! Guys did a good job keeping you busy on social media making it seem like you were still in the states haha.

For the record, I predicted Joey to win it all. Whoops. :lol:

I can't even begin to imagine what it feels like to lose in that fashion, though. :guilty:

IMAG0533.jpg
Congrats Nick. 👍

The man with the infectious smile. You can't NOT be happy for this guy. :D

IMAG0537.jpg

Much thanks to all of you guys! It's been crazy having to keep this a secret for so long haha. I'll be posting some more stuff tomorrow when I can :D. Ahh this is crazy!

Maybe I'll just make a separate thread tomorrow to make it easy haha.

Great work. Congratz Nick! That was a very exciting finish... Congratz to all finalists!

Back