2013 WRS World Cup : Team USA Discussions

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 224 comments
I changed my status to confirmed in Tim's post.

Looking for Purple that's USA made?

Cosmos Purple Metallic from the Pontiac GTO.

Or my personal Favorite, Plum Crazy Metallic. :sly:

Glad you are on board Kevin. 👍

We could still use one more driver for the team to make 12... Maybe 2 if Jerome can't make it... But regardless we have 10-11 so can easily field 3 teams now even with an additional cancel. 👍

Ps. I'm pretty happy color wise with those three shades of blue... One per team. Alternatively we go one purple and three rim colors (red/white/blue). Personally I like dark metallic/shiny purples if we are going that route. Alternatively we pick one lighter blue and use it across all teams and free up a darker blue for Team Aussie. The good neighbor approach versus blocking the blue spectrum. :sly:

Last edited:
If we go with Purple; Plum Crazy should be the only option. :lol:

If we go blue, one team ends up blue/blue. I'm not so sure about having a singular color team.

If we go with Purple; Plum Crazy should be the only option. :lol:

If we go blue, one team ends up blue/blue. I'm not so sure about having a singular color team.

I'm OK with Plum Crazy body and then red/white/blue rims... anyone want to share one or all and I'll see what they look like. That would also free up blue for either UK or Aussie (or both if they take different shades).

I also love those 3 shades of blue we have now and all of us on red rims... so I'll leave it up to you guys. we should decide though so the other teams aren't dealing with a moving target.

Team Aussie is going with a Green and Gold combination.

Either color choice we pick is fine with me.

I tried to recruit A7XMaverick (Kyle), but unfortunately he's away on Aug 10th so unable to attend, although if his plans change he was interested and will contact us.

I'll keep searching for our 12th driver... if you guys have any leads let me know.

Welcome Kevin, glad you joined the team!

Sorry these are small pics guys, but this is the Plum Crazy Metallic, with red, white, and blue wheels.

I think they look great like this, I have all three on share.👍

Thanks for all the recruiting Tim.👍 Hopefully a couple more will sign up!

I like those purple ones slightly better than the blues. 👍

I like those purple ones slightly better than the blues. 👍

I'm torn really... the patriot blue is my favorite (top right), but the purple is nice with the three different colors for the rims. Whatever you guys think.

EDIT: My son votes for the 3 blues, but to put on the red/white/blue rims. :lol:
EDIT: My other son votes for the purple. :lol:

Last edited:
That"s funny Tim, my two boys would never agree on anything either.:lol:

On the accessibility of the paints, that was brought up earlier.
This is what I know about the colors that were requested, and the one I found.

Stormy blue mica- New car dealership- Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07

Blu Daytona Metallizzato _ New car dealership-Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 Jts Q4 "06

Patriot Blue Pearl Coat- Random paint ?

Plum Crazy Metallic- Random paint?

Plum crazy is in the dealership, on the Dodge Challenger R/T '70. What are your guys thoughts, should I change the Plum crazy metallic to plum crazy, so it is easy to get?
And same with the Patriot Blue Pearl Coat its a great color, but what do you guys think about everyone being able to get it?
(Or am I over thinking this, and its not a big deal to find the colors? :))

We can manage the colors... Either by duping paint chips or duping the car... So lets just pick our favorite.

I think I'm gonna have to cancel. Too much stuff goes on at my house to really commit to anything. Sorry :(

I'm going to go ahead and give mine a temporary paintjob that isn't in any of the possible team colors, just as a placeholder. :sly:

What about using the method that F1 uses to qualify, Knockout Qualifying. When we show up at a track for practice and at the end after everyone is warm and there is enough people, it might be fun. We could broadcast the knockout sessions so our lazy friends could watch from there pc's and there could even be an announcer maybe who wasn't driving and was in the lobby to grab the feed.

I'm fine with that but it requires all drivers to have matching schedules where observed qualifying is flexible.

If you can organize a time/date for knockout quali that works for every driver on Team USA go for it and I'm on board.

I see what your talking about, trying to have everyone together for one grand qualifier isn't to likely, it would have to be right up there w/ herding cats.

picture.php

Hey guys. I'm going to change my registration to join you all. As some of you know from Wednesday, I'm not that quick, so if you find a faster driver, I can move aside to make room.

Hey guys. I'm going to change my registration to join you all. As some of you know from Wednesday, I'm not that quick, so if you find a faster driver, I can move aside to make room.

Welcome Greg,

I've put you on Team USA Blue for now, but the sub-teams are all unofficial for now until we run our intra-team qualifier which will break it out for us based on times.

As far as moving aside, that's not the goal of our team or the event. If you commit to the team, we'll commit to you! So as long as your status is confirmed, you are on the team 100%.

Our goal is to maximize the overall result of Team USA. If we can get you to outperform your handicap significantly then we'll earn a lot of points. 👍

PS> We're still looking for one more confirmed driver so the doors are still open.

We never decided between the three shades of blue and purple with red/white/blue tires... Any other opinions?

We never decided between the three shades of blue and purple with red/white/blue tires... Any other opinions?

I like the blue under the livery on the main thread. I'd vote for that (if it's allowed) using the blue with white, red, dark blue rims for the sub-teams, but I'll roll with whatever.

Does anyone here have/use a youtube account? A "track tutorial" for this car online could be helpful. I might try to practice some after the race this evening. (Edit, actually, I might actually need to practice for the parity event, unless several of you could practice in this car. If it's just me and someone else, I should probably keep tuning for the race this weekend).

I like the blue under the livery on the main thread. I'd vote for that (if it's allowed) using the blue with white, red, dark blue rims for the sub-teams, but I'll roll with whatever.

Does anyone here have/use a youtube account? A "track tutorial" for this car online could be helpful. I might try to practice some after the race this evening.

I'll gladly post some video when I return and get up to speed. We can also share offline ghosts remember since we are all NTSC drivers. Working with a ghost offline is very useful.

If you run offline laps just be sure set grip reduction to real. Tire wear on/off isn't that important really for early practice and learning lines... better to turn it off early in the process to keep everything completely consistent from lap to lap. Then learning to adapt to worn tires later in the process is not that difficult.

Actually, the hardest thing for me is completely cold tires... worn tires don't bother me much because it's a gradual drop from lap to lap over time in the stint (as long as you don't push them over the cliff). Starting the race on completely cold tires is probably the biggest challenge as it coincides with the time with the most pressure around you.

I say we go with 3 different shades of blue, and make sure the blue for the rims isn't the same as the blue for the body, just to have a bit of contrast in the livery for it.

I say we go with 3 different shades of blue, and make sure the blue for the rims isn't the same as the blue for the body, just to have a bit of contrast in the livery for it.

I'm 100% in agreement there. Anyone who disagrees, speak now or forever hold your peace.

The original 3 blues idea all had red for the wheels. Throwing out the purple body idea, and rolling with the 3 blues, I do think we should keep red wheels on all. Blue body and different-shade-of-blue-wheels would look Finnish, no?
ly4Ymm4UhSWoSqp9ay_0_zps5d1b1d35.png
Stormy blue mica- New car dealership- Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07

KNR9Ln9dfic5xAdY_0_zps02fb0f3b.png
Blu Daytona Metallizzato _ New car dealership-Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 Jts Q4 "06

COKciwU2Wzt4FTpKnR_0_zps9f7cfe1a.png
Patriot Blue Pearl Coat- Random paint ?

Gravitron
The original 3 blues idea all had red for the wheels. Throwing out the purple body idea, and rolling with the 3 blues, I do think we should keep red wheels on all. Blue body and different-shade-of-blue-wheels would look Finnish, no?

I'd vote all red or white, red, and blue for each USA color x team respectively. From my phone, those as posted look good.

The original 3 blues idea all had red for the wheels. Throwing out the purple body idea, and rolling with the 3 blues, I do think we should keep red wheels on all.

I agree, and I do like how they look with red wheels.

I'd vote all red or white, red, and blue for each USA color x team respectively.

But I am with Greg, and will be happy with either.

Thought I would take some bigger pics of the three blues, so everyone can see them better. And just for fun did the red, white, and blue wheels for each sub-team.

Thought I would take some bigger pics of the three blues, so everyone can see them better. And just for fun did the red, white, and blue wheels for each sub-team.

Those look really good. Just for kicks, could you post red wheels on the first, dark blue on the second, and white on the third? I think the light blue with dark blue wheels would look cool, and the red won't work with the last. (Not that I don't like them as they are).

Now that I can see the colors in a larger size, they look great.

I agree that the red and blue rims don't work well with those colors though.

Edit: Maybe just swap the red and blue wheels and that should be good.

Sorry if I am hogging the thread up with pictures,please don't yell at me.:nervous:

I think this should cover the request so far.
All with white wheels. I think this looks really clean.

Greg, here is the red on the Stormy blue mica and dark blue on the Blu Daytona Metallizzato.

And Shawn, here is the red on the Patriot Blue Pearl Coat. And that covers swapping the red and blue.👍

Sorry if this is a mess, I am not very good at putting post together, and I am just trying to help more.:)

Back