2013 WRS World Cup : Team USA Discussions

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 224 comments
Sorry if I am hogging the thread up with pictures,please don't yell at me.:nervous:

The pictures definitely help me (and save me time 👍...although...I'm not a moderator, so my opinion isn't the one that matters :sly:).

I think they all look best with the white rims, but if we want to differentiate the team colors via the rims, that is cool as well.

On another note, will anyone be around later in the evenings (probably after 9:00 Eastern) to run some practice next week? I've not practiced yet, but I think I should start. I'll send a friend request to Daniel and spend some time there next week, but if there is a specific time we could run with a few people, that might be good as well.

Finally, maybe Tim or Lucas could answer this. With the divisional handicap system, what kind of lap times should I be aiming for? Is there a way to figure out what the 1, 2, or 3rd division guys are running, and then what would make me competitive with the multiplier? I know it's advisable to concentrate on being smooth, gaining exit speed, and so forth, but it sometimes helps me to have a target to hit :boggled:.

Finally, maybe Tim or Lucas could answer this. With the divisional handicap system, what kind of lap times should I be aiming for? Is there a way to figure out what the 1, 2, or 3rd division guys are running, and then what would make me competitive with the multiplier? I know it's advisable to concentrate on being smooth, gaining exit speed, and so forth, but it sometimes helps me to have a target to hit :boggled:.

I can't help yet as I haven't had any chance to run a lap, but I'll be back home on the 19th and start working on this as well. FYI, Al has checked in the leaderboard with a 1'36.318 at Fuji.

Hey guys! Once I get my qualifying lap in today, I believe I will be joining your team. 👍

dangerzone641
I'm gonna be runnin some laps if anyone would like to join me

DZ, I sent you a friend request yesterday. I might be up for practicing this evening. I also need to practice for the GT3 race, so I might run both GT3 and World Series cars in my lounge later this evening.

DZ, I sent you a friend request yesterday. I might be up for practicing this evening. I also need to practice for the GT3 race, so I might run both GT3 and World Series cars in my lounge later this evening.

I have added your account and I might join you for some gt3 practice too

dangerzone641
I have added your account and I might join you for some gt3 practice too

I'm in my lounge right now playing with GT3 cars. Message me if anyone joins and I'll head to DZ's lounge to work on the Corvette.

Edit: popped into DZ's lounge. Be here 30ish minutes.
All Done. This car is a bit of a beast!

Last edited:
In DZ's lounge for a bit. Feel free to come join me.

All done. 1'37.148

Last edited:
Got my first laps last night in the ZR1 with Lucas (Gravitron). Will be a blast.

Posted my Fuji lap on the leaderboard (1'35.9). But there is more left on track and a low 35 is out there. A 34.X possible with draft assistance if we figure out how to work it.

We will have to start setting up a few team practice sessions. Anyone available tonight at 8:30 PM pacific? I don't know what time zones you are all at? I might be available randomly today and tomorrow also, but not sure of my schedule... If you are online post here and I'll join if available.

WRP001
Got my first laps last night in the ZR1 with Lucas (Gravitron). Will be a blast.

Posted my Fuji lap on the leaderboard (1'35.9). But there is more left on track and a low 35 is out there. A 34.X possible with draft assistance if we figure out how to work it.

We will have to start setting up a few team practice sessions. Anyone available tonight at 8:30 PM pacific? I don't know what time zones you are all at? I might be available randomly today and tomorrow also, but not sure of my schedule... If you are online post here and I'll join if available.

I'll be there. Just to spy, I promise :D :sly:.

Jumping in the B Lounge (GTP_3D3_B) for some practice.

Reminder to make sure all Team USA drivers run intra-team qualifying on or before August 1st. The GT3 series is this weekend and we'll be kicking up the activity here right after that (starting next Monday, July 29)... but you can qualify at any point before the deadline.

Team USA Intra-Team Qualifying:

Method
  • Deadline: August 1 @ 10:00 PM Pacific
  • Track: Fuji Speedway F
  • Lounge settings: Exact same specs as the official event (tuning prohibited, PP limit, R1 tires, etc)
  • Type: Observed pre-qualifying race (one shot only)
  • Details:
    • Any other Team USA driver can serve as the observer and verify the lap, but both observer and driver must save the race replay
    • Race is set to 4 laps. 1 un-timed out lap, 2 timed hot laps, 1 un-timed in lap.
    • Fastest single clean lap counts.
    • If neither hot lap is clean then fastest dirty lap counts after penalties are added.
    • Penalties: add 2 seconds for each "off" that didn't "clearly cost the driver time"

Sub-team Selection
  • The fastest 4 drivers will make up Team USA Red
  • The next fastest 4 drivers will make up Team USA Blue
  • The next fastest 4 drivers will make up Team USA White
  • Might have to adjust based on reserve drivers / will not put 2 reserve drivers on the same 4-driver team

I'll send out a PM to all the drivers listed on page 1 at the end of the week if they don't check in here to the thread saying they can qualify sometime before Aug 1.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to quali July 29 to Aug 1, so I'll be looking to do it before then, probably later this week. All next week I'm questionable as the parents are visiting. The week leading up to the event, I should have more time for the game, similar to this week.

First qualifier for Team USA:

GTP_Gravitron:
  1. 1'36.007
  2. 1'35.906
Steward: GTP_WRP001

Second qualifier for Team USA:

GTP_WRP001:
  1. 1'35.802 :bowdown:
  2. 1'35.886
Steward: GTP_Gravitron

I pretty much have accepted the fact that GTA is a waste of time so I'll be around this weekend to work on both tracks or even qualy if it works out. I will be working w/ my new junior drafter "Little" so I'll be around if there is anyone who wants to put in so serious track time.
My deal is nose to tail group laps at pace and if someone off tracks we wait up and recon the group to head off again. Pacing and setting up for the pass drafting practice as the group chains up and trades positions back and forth really teaches everyone well. Learn to hold your position when being overtaken as you play w/ counter moves.
Working traffic is so critical to staying alive that it can only be done in a constrained environment.
Lots of laps, and lots of laughs and never take out you sparing partner is the way I roll so if anyone want's to splash around, I'm down :)

You mean races like this:

The draft at Fuji is such that you can stick with a driver that has you outpaced by nearly a second.. But you need a good T3 to at least exit the final corner with good speed and a sniff of draft.

I think, as far as team tactics, it will be interesting to find the fastest method for each driver group (sub team). My guess: If one driver is clearly faster best to bump and let faster driver pull through inside section and front straight. If drivers are same pace it may be better to just use all draft and pass. But either way side by side in turn 1 is a disaster for lap time. Both drivers need full width for turn in.

Of course, if the goal is to have fun and practice passing late and side by side then See the video above and just go for it.

I would be willing to jump in for one or two small races today. A few of us also have to prep for a GT3 race tomorrow so my time is split. I will be focusing on this (WC) heavily starting next week after the GT3 race.

Ps. Use lounge B or a drivers private lounge today for WC and tomorrow the lounges are reserved for GT3 race so use a private lounge.

Finally got my car broken-in fully a few nights ago, so I haven't done a lap at the proper setting yet. I had originally tried with the 90.8% but realized that wouldn't be close to what I could get, so I had later bumped up the hp setting to match the regs. Even then I think I was a bit slower, mostly due to not being comfortable with the car yet.

I should be good to qualify Monday or Tuesday, maybe even as early as tomorrow if I get some practice runs today.

Shawn, don't forget to quali for GT3 @ Spa first since the deadline is today @ 23:59 GMT (which is 7:59 PM eastern i think).

Same goes for DZ, gman, Jared, joe who all have signed up, but yet to quali in GT3 and must today.

Great call "W" yup that's the medicine. It's nice to see the main lounge being used like a real race track w/ dedicated reservations. It makes the organized events deal take on a Ora of reality. Next we need a dedicated tv crew to stream these events w/ a viewing guide so anyone could tune in from their PC and watch the GTP channel OLR event of the week. Can you imagine if our drivers got famous from these productions. Hint Hint "Jordan" Hint Hint :lol:

Shawn, don't forget to quali for GT3 @ Spa first since the deadline is today @ 23:59 GMT (which is 7:59 PM eastern i think).

Same goes for DZ, gman, Jared, joe who all have signed up, but yet to quali in GT3 and must today.

I completely forgot I had registered confirmed for that race. I don't even know if my car for that has any miles on it. I should go check on that now. (Edit: It's 100% ready to go.)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back