2013 WRS World Cup : Team USA Discussions

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 224 comments
I completely forgot I had registered confirmed for that race. I don't even know if my car for that has any miles on it. I should go check on that now.

I can send you a broken in one. i think i have all three, but if it's not the Ford it just has miles and will need remaining setup to specs.

It's the McLaren, and as I just edited in, it's broken in and sitting at 190 miles. I think I'll head to the lounge for that now to get some practice in. When I'm ready for qualifying, I'll post in the GT3 thread.

Great call "W" yup that's the medicine. It's nice to see the main lounge being used like a real race track w/ dedicated reservations. It makes the organized events deal take on a Ora of reality. Next we need a dedicated tv crew to stream these events w/ a viewing guide so anyone could tune in from their PC and watch the GTP channel OLR event of the week. Can you imagine if our drivers got famous from these productions. Hint Hint "Jordan" Hint Hint :lol:

Lefty, did you see the broadcast oink and I did for the WRS F1 qualifying @ Germany?

I was in Maine and unable to race. Oink was watching from the lounge and streaming and I called him on skype and he fed my voice over the broadcast. Basically, it was oink doing the play-by-play and I did the color commentating. It worked pretty well if you ask me. Just takes some serious logistics.

I don't know where oink saved that feed, it used to be here (http://www.twitch.tv/oink83/b/426774133) but got moved or deleted? I'll ask him.

Haven't practiced lately for this, anyone up for some practice?

I can't be on now, but I can later tonight.

There are only a few more days to qualify for Team USA sub-teams according to original deadlines... doesn't look like people are into it yet? Only Lucas and I have yet to run a qualifier.

NOTE: I scheduled some practice races for Thurs and Fri in the main WC thread.

Hey guys. I'm generally not free before 8pm central, but I could go for some practice after 8pm tomorrow. I could also do some after the race Wednesday. If possible I'd like to try the team quali Thursday evening nothing like the last minute). I have a feeling that I know where I will end up!

Hey guys. I'm generally not free before 8pm central, but I could go for some practice after 8pm tomorrow. I could also do some after the race Wednesday. If possible I'd like to try the team quali Thursday evening nothing like the last minute). I have a feeling that I know where I will end up!

I'm generally not available until ~8:30 PM Pacific. I will be practicing tomorrow night after that time and I'll be on late on Thursday unless something comes up. If you need an observer prior to 8:30 PM Pacific then it'll have to be someone else.

I still plan to participate in this. Have been away for the better part of a week, so just getting back in the swing now.

Will most likely be Thursday for me to qualify.

I'm generally not available until ~8:30 PM Pacific. I will be practicing tomorrow night after that time and I'll be on late on Thursday unless something comes up. If you need an observer prior to 8:30 PM Pacific then it'll have to be someone else.

I can be on Tuesday night at that time, to practice and qualify.
I will post here, to see if your still available or anybody else that wants to practice.:)

The car is a *real* joy to drive... especially at Spa if any of you just ran the GT3 race it's a very smooth transition. This Corvette is a bit faster, and at least for me, I need to stay in 3rd for many corners I took in the Ford GT in 2nd, but otherwise the stock ride is amazingly similar to the tuned GT3 car (using Bart's tune on the GT). I posted my practice times in the main thread practice sheet.

Fuji: 1'35.357 (best by Silver is 1'34.865 :boggled:)
Spa: 2'13.755 (best by Mich is 2'13.064)

I had a very good lap for that Fuji time so I'm not sure how I could improve another half second, but that's what practice is about.

Tire mgmt is going to be quite huge once we shift from quali type practice. On the fast setting this thing eats rubber. Two pits in a 40 minute race is not out of the question and might be a decent strategy. Have to be careful of pitting together depending on the order you enter and pit stall order as the system can cost you time in the pits waiting for another car. That's going to be tricky. Might want the faster driver to stay out on track an extra lap and then catch back up the stagger from the short pit and then pull again with the fresher tires rather than enter on the same lap.

If any of you want some tips or whatever, let me know how you would like them? Gear choices by corner, video of a lap, etc. I'm not an alien or even close, but whatever I can do.

So here are the liveries:

Team USA Red: Patriot Blue Pearl Coat Body | Red Rims
SanGimignano-TownSquare_12_zpsf786b68b.jpg

Team USA White: Stormy Blue Mica Body | White Rims
SanGimignano-TownSquare_4_zps278e2de3.jpg

Team USA Blue: Blu Daytona Metallizzato| Blue Rims
SanGimignano-TownSquare_8_zps2f86fad0.jpg

Joe may have to tell us what version of each color he used for the rims.

Until Team USA qualifying is done just paint it Blue and don't worry about the rest. As soon as the sub-teams are decided on Thursday, we'll each know how to paint the car.

PS> I'll be online after 8:30 PM Pacific tonight if anyone wants to practice or qualify.

Hey guys, I am going to head to DZ,s lounge to Practice for a while.

Tim, I wouldn't mind at all if you did a video of your lap.:) Like you said, I could get what gears your using and better braking points,etc.

Also the wheel colors are-

Red rims- Grand prix red
White rims- White
Blue rims- Sonic blue mica

They should be easy to get, I have 2 each of the red and blue and a bunch of the white.

Ok, I'll be in DZ's lounge in about 20 mins or so.

We can use the main lounge too if there are some not in that list. Post here if you can't join and we can move over.

Edit: In.

Last edited:
Tim had to go and I am out for tonight,I'll be back tomorrow for more.:)

Thanks again Tim, I will try to apply it all now.👍

Edit- Sorry guys not going to be home till late tonight, wont be able to practice.
Hope someone is available to watch me qualify tomorrow night.

Last edited:
24 hours left until Team USA quali deadline. I'll be on tomorrow evening starting about 8:30 PM pacific (and early in the afternoon), but you can have anyone else on the team observer your laps also.

I'll try to get a few more laps in and then I'll be ready for qualifying, is it at Fuji for qualifying?

Yes, Fuji F. Using the room settings and regs from the World Cup obviously.

I'll be on today. I need to do my qualifier, and I can also observe anyone else who needs to run theirs.

I plan to qualify tonight. I am not on the friends list for DZ's lounge at this point. If he could shoot me a FR, that would be helpful. Otherwise, we could probably use one of the 3D3 lounges.

I'll probably be ready to quali by around 7:30 or 8 pm (PST), but can wait for Tim at 8:30, if nobody else is available.

Yes it is. I'm guessing I am added to your list then. Between my regular account and my GTP_ account, it's difficult to keep track of all the names. :dunce:

Edit: I'll be on after 7pm EDT tonight.

Last edited:
Qualifier for Team USA:

GTP_DZ:
  1. 1'37.130
  2. 1'36.291
Steward: GTP_WRP001

Nice lap!!! DZ ran his last untimed out-lap hot and got a 35.8. :sly:

Nice lap DZ.
I caught a cold from my toddler, but I still plan to qualify this evening after 9:00pm eastern. Don't expect much, though, as I will be drugged up on cold meds 👍!

I was supposed to make a lap video, but just ran out of time with work and other stuff... Sorry. I can share my qualifying race replay if that's desired... it has a couple 35.8s on it, but won't have time for any fancy video work in the next couple days.

Can anyone be on at 9:00 PM Eastern to watch gman quali? I'm not available until at least 11:00 PM Eastern.

I was supposed to make a lap video, but just ran out of time with work and other stuff... Sorry. I can share my qualifying race replay if that's desired... it has a couple 35.8s on it, but won't have time for any fancy video work in the next couple days.

Can anyone be on at 9:00 PM Eastern to watch gman quali? I'm not available until at least 11:00 PM Eastern.

If I'm still on at that time and awake, I will be able to.

Back