2014/15 Premier League and General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Pagey279
  • 1,959 comments
Divock Origi was pictured at Liverpool's Melwood training Ground earlier, they have also been linked with Enzo Perez..who is playing for Argentina right now..

Divock Origi was pictured at Liverpool's Melwood training Ground earlier, they have also been linked with Enzo Perez..who is playing for Argentina right now..

In talks with the club but not undergoing a medical yet.

I've got no problem with Evra going to Juventus....as long as we get Vidal from them!

Anyone know when Van Gaal is going to take over, it'll be Monday I reckon...

I've got no problem with Evra going to Juventus....as long as we get Vidal from them!

Anyone know when Van Gaal is going to take over, it'll be Monday I reckon...
Yep Monday I reckon what with that soppy third place game to play (never have understood that one:crazy:) Hope the transfer bus will start moving then we still have a hell of a lot of work to do.:(:(

I have it on good authority that Arshavin was a lazy 🤬 in Russia too, and that's from a Zenit fan.

Sanchez, Oezil, Ramsey, Podolski, Cazorla, Wilshire... Arsenal are looking in good shape. Maybe they'll get 3rd this year.

He is a very very good player, hopefully he wont be ruined like Reyes, Arshavin etc.
Reyes was great, he was just a didn't like living in England. Arshavin on the other hand....

Good to see Arsenal loosening the purse strings though, unlike previous seasons.

Sanchez had this to say about the move

'I'm delighted to Join Arsenal, I cant wait to finish fourth and then join Man City in a year'

Nah I'm just kidding :D

Great move, fantastic player, the last two Arsenal signings for money have been £42 mill for Ozil and now around £35 mill for Sanchez, so lately when Arsenal spend they spend BIG!

I'd guess Arsenal will still sign 2-3 players other than Sanchez and Debuchy.

DM,GK and either a ST or a CB if Vermaelen leaves.

Liverpool FC confirms that Luis Suarez will be leaving the club after a transfer agreement was reached with FC Barcelona. The player now has permission to complete the usual formalities, which will then conclude the transfer.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166178-lfc-statement-suarez-to-leave

Luis Suarez could earn $68million playing for Barcelona - but only if he agrees to a special 'bite clause'.
:lol:
http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/pap...e-clause-in-luis-suarez-s-68m-contract-063014
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166178-lfc-statement-suarez-to-leave

Last edited:
I don't understand why they went for Suarez in the first place. They already have Messi and Neymar as their primary strikers, all they needed was to improve their depth by finding someone to replace David Villa (why not Divock Origi?)

Their midfield is where they need to splash the cash. Xavi, Fabregas and Puyol gone, Iniesta aging, etc.

I've said it here before, a player who is banned from all Football moving to a club that should be banned from signing players?!

He gets the number 9 shirt that Sanchez vacated yesterday and the front three of Messi Neymar and now Suarez looks very scary!

It is certainly going to be interesting to see how that works! A lot of people had doubts whether Bale and Ronaldo would work but those two seem to working well together so far....

They have now 3 players who want to be the number 1. I really doubt they can work it out together.
Suarez formed a pretty solid strike partnership with Sturridge, both scored a lot of goals last season and Messi has played alongside plenty of big players without being affected.

Eh, all I'm interested in at Barca is if Deulofeu can get starts now Sanchez is gone.
My second favourite in tandem with my least favourite. It's all going to end in tears.

Another thing that's interesting about Barca this coming season is that now Valdes is out they have three keepers fighting to replace him, Pinto, Ter Stegen and Bravo who they signed last week...

Suárez moves to Barcelona, and Keylor Navas moves to Bayern.

Interesting move by Bayern, to say the least...

Not an iota of sadness for me to see him leave the EPL. I think the impending midtable return for 'pool is probably what they deserve for their undying support of such a rubbish human.

Not an iota of sadness for me to see him leave the EPL. I think the impending midtable return for 'pool is probably what they deserve for their undying support of such a rubbish human.
Liverpool will be fine, they've brought in a few decent players already and they have a lot of young players in the squad which will probably be better this season.

Liverpool will be fine, they've brought in a few decent players already and they have a lot of young players in the squad which will probably be better this season.
I've been a Liverpool fan since 1990 and I haven't been this excited leading into a season for a long time. Brendan Rogers has done amazingly well with Liverpool and I'm hoping they will continue to imporove and have another great season in all competitions :D.
They've signed 3, and 3 more almost complete according to rumor(Dejan Lovren, Lazar Markovic and Divock Origi) and are still inquiring over a few more.
While Suarez's talent and goals are impossible to replace like for like, I'm hoping they will be stronger overall without him.

Van Gaal to take over at United on Tuesday and he will take training for the first time on Wednesday.

Back