2014-2015 English Football League Promotion/Relegation

• Thread starter Famine
  • 142 comments
Fret þe not. QPR, their bloated 5th highest wage bill and their band of mercenaries will be back the season after next. Just like last time.

So that just happened...

Excuse me? I remember checking my Twitter feed and it was 2-0 to Swindon on the night and 4-1 overall. Just the leg itself was 5-5 in the end?

7-6 final aggregate! Jesus. Bet you're happy to see them falter. I'll back Preston for the final; Swindon's end of season was dire.

Swindon go through 7-6 on aggregate I'm right in thinking!..
Yep (I was quoting my own first post where I already updated it :D )
Excuse me? I remember checking my Twitter feed and it was 2-0 to Swindon on the night and 4-1 overall. Just the leg itself was 5-5?

7-6 final aggregate! Jesus. Bet you're happy to see them falter. I'll back Preston for the final; Swindon's end of season was dire.
I'm just amazed to see Sheffield United failing for the eighth time to get through playoffs in eight attempts. It must be the worst record of all.

That's an unbelievable game.

Swindon 1-0 Sheffield United 4 mins
Swindon 2-0 Sheffield United 10 mins
Swindon 3-0 Sheffield United 18 mins
Swindon 3-1 Sheffield United 19 mins
Swindon 3-2 Sheffield United 38 mins
---
Swindon 4-2 Sheffield United 59 mins
Swindon 4-3 Sheffield United 65 mins
Swindon 5-3 Sheffield United 84 mins
Swindon 5-4 Sheffield United 88 mins
Swindon 5-5 Sheffield United 90 mins

I... I... hope there is a highlights video forthcoming!

)I'm just amazed to see Sheffield United failing for the eighth time to get through playoffs in eight attempts. It must be the worst record of all.

Funnily enough, Preston have never won a play-off final. They are now in the League One play-off final facing a Swindon team who scored 7 goals in 2 games.

I'm just amazed to see Sheffield United failing for the eighth time to get through playoffs in eight attempts. It must be the worst record of all.
Preston have failed in their previous nine attempts.

I'm pretty sure MK Dons have been in the play-off last five years and didn't progress..

Beeb

For league table purposes, the nothing-at-stake game between relegated Blackpool and 16th placed Huddersfield has been declared 0-0.

Southend-Wycombe will be an interesting L2 final; I have a friend who is a big Southend fan but Wycombe are a very handy team.

Another playoff semi-final goes with form - that's 7 from 8, with only Norwich-Ipswich remaining.

Saturday's promotion/relegation is... nothing. Hull City are the most remote team now, but as Sunderland and Leicester are playing one another Hull cannot go down tomorrow even if they lose to Spurs...

Well... next week is going to be fun.

To stay up, Hull have to beat Arsenal. Arsenal have two other games before then that may render their season finished with the final game a dead rubber, so Hull might have lucked in...

However, even if Hull win, they will still be relegated unless one of two things happens.

The first is for Newcastle to lose. Newcastle are playing West Ham who may not have anything to play for other than their Premier League finishing position - a West Ham win gives them a non-negative goal difference and might lift them a place above Everton, for a £1.2m reward...

The second is for Sunderland to lose twice. They're playing Arsenal on Wednesday (and Arsenal might be looking to clinch 3rd - or even finish 2nd - with that game) and then finish at champions Chelsea. Chelsea may do them a favour or they may keep their table-topping pride for a strong finish - who knows with Mourinho?

Dramatic.

Liverpool 1-3 Crystal Palace, now that's what I call a party killer!

Edit: BTW, Newcastle managed to lose agaisnt QPR, wich makes they situation even worse. Like Famine said, the Magpies might have some luck, since Hull table is complicated.

Last edited:
Tonight its Arsenal v Sunderland in the Premier League, Sunderland can guarantee safety with a point whilst Arsenal can secure third place with a win...

....Congrats to Bristol Rovers on winning the Conference play off final on Sunday, they only spent one season in the Conference after being relegated from League Two last season...

I'd like to say a big 🤬 you to Bristol Rovers as they join Barnet in leaving the Conference for League Two.

So it's down to the final day for the last relegation place from the Premier League... Only one combination will see Newcastle relegated in Hull's place and frankly I'm rooting for it...

If West Ham play like £1.2m rests on the match and beat Newcastle, while Hull play a dead rubber for Manchester United and win, joy will occur.

Play off schedule this weekend is Southend v Stevenage at 5.30pm tomorrow, Preston v Sheffield United at 6pm on Sunday at 6pm and Middlesbrough v Norwich on Bank Holiday Monday at 3pm, all games are on Sky Sports 1, good luck to all involved 👍

Play-offs start today.

League Two Play-Off

Wycombe Wanderers vs Southend United

One of my friends is a Southend fan so.. up the Shrimpers!

Well, Southend and Wycombe know how to make things dramatic.

A Wycombe player injured after 6 seconds of the game, they take the lead 5 minutes into extra time, Southend equalise in injury time of extra time, both have penalties saved in the first 5 and it goes to the third sudden-death penalty each before it's decided...

Back