2014-2015 English Football League Promotion/Relegation

• Thread starter Famine
  • 142 comments
Well, Southend and Wycombe know how to make things dramatic.

A Wycombe player injured after 6 seconds of the game, they take the lead 5 minutes into extra time, Southend equalise in injury time of extra time, both have penalties saved in the first 5 and it goes to the third sudden-death penalty each before it's decided...

Who won?

Today is Preston vs Swindon.

Prediction: Preston

They really did balls it up on the last day, somehow losing against, and keeping up, Colchester having been undefeated in their last 17 but they're a bloody good side and Swindon's late season form really tapered off.

Either way, I just want an excuse to say that Simon Grayson is ready to "shut that door".

Preston is crushing Swindon 4-0.

Preston goals: Beckford (3x), Huntington.

The game is not over.

Either way, I just want an excuse to say that Simon Grayson is ready to "shut that door".

Well... Simon Grayson has shut that League One door.

*campy dance with Tiller girls.*

Norwich 2-0 v Middlesbrough with about 15 mins to go....

Norwich Promoted!!!, goals from Jerome and Redmond in the first half sealed it, the Middlesbrough defending for the first was shocking, better team won, congrats to them..

Last edited:
It's worth a note that this particular fixture is the wealthiest single sporting event in the world, with the winners netting at least £120m in prize money, thanks to a share of Premier League TV rights (£55m per club and £1.2m per finishing position each season) and parachute payments to relegated teams...

I should also note that only one team was promoted after not finishing at the top of the non-automatic promotion places - and that was Southend United, who scored in the last minute of injury time of their final to do so. Even so, they were only 5th on goal difference from 4th place Wycombe...

And all the folk who were saying, "Alex who?" now know.

Hamilton
P70 W37 D15 L18

Norwich
P25 W17 D5 L3

He's 33 and already got a promotion to the Scottish Prem and the English Prem on his managerial CV!

Back