2014 Blancpain 24 Hours Of Spa July 26th-27th

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vendrah
  • 343 comments
  • 50,632 views
Damn we were just talking about Kogay when it happened (read on page 4).
Let's not point him out as the guilty party though, we don't know what happened exactly...
 
Given the fact that a helicopter had to be flown in makes it pretty serious. I'm not sure how it is overseas, but in the US, the use of a helicopter usually means the injuries are life-threatening to the point an ambulance wouldn't get you there fast enough unless the hospital, usually a high level trauma center, is less than 5-10 miles away, though I'm not sure about spinal/neck injuries in that regard.
 
So there were two big crashes? Then this is the one, yes?


There have been 5 huge incidents. This is by far the worst. They won't show the replay, and after I saw the aftermath, not surprised.
 
And the rest, turning into the longest destruction derby ever done :sick:

That's a bit unusual in GT racing to have such massive carnage. Contact is normal but such crashes - rarely.
 
Spa is out in the middle of the countryside, so a helicopter would always be preferred over an ambulance. With the fact that they landed the helicopter right there at the scene means it's fairly serious in nature.
 
So there were two big crashes? Then this is the one, yes?



No, this one was 2 Ferrari's at the end of the lap. If you do find a replay don't post it here because it's probably against the AUP.
 
Youtube has it, check the past hour videos of SPA
 
Youtube has it, check the past hour videos of SPA

I just saw the aftermath. I didnt saw the accident itself on YouTube.

---

Night falls, we will get a night start. It was a shame that nothing happened during the mid and ending sunset.
 
It looks like even his helmet is torn off during the impact? That part of the track is so fast... I don't even want to think about the impact those two cars made. Let's just hope for the best.... But this looks really really bad...
 
Just pray for this restart to be clean and accident free :(
 
Just saw that and man, that looks sinister. I really hope the driver is ok.
 
Looks like he was laying forward with his head resting on the steering wheel. I fear this might be a fatal one...

No, no, no!! After seeing Simonsen passing away, I don't want that!! :( That was painful, back at Le Mans 2013, it put a shadow over motorsports...

I hope he simply was unconscious.
 
Official statement: Marcus' condition has been stabilized and he has been transported to the hospital.
Thank god.
 
I completely agree... Simonsen's passing was not a good vibe for the sport.
 
No, no, no!! After seeing Simonsen passing away, I don't want that!! :( That was painful, back at Le Mans 2013, it put a shadow over motorsports...

Exactly, it`s amazing how an event like the death of a driver affects the way you look at the race from a racing fan perspective.
 
Official statement: Marcus' condition has been stabilized and he has been transported to the hospital.
That's good to have news, fingers crossed for Vadim too (and I hope Marcus' condition isn't too serious).
 
Its going to start soon I guess.
But why they dont show the acciddent since the driver is ok?
 
Back