2014 Blancpain 24 Hours Of Spa July 26th-27th

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vendrah
  • 343 comments
  • 50,632 views
Anybody knows or have a prediction or know a prevision about when the race is coming back?
 
No replay of the incident yet?
 
That was a lazy post :D

Is he the guy who could barely do a lap of Monza then parked it and went home?

@GTPorsche, I'm only watching sporadically, what's the nature of the last incident? I know it's two cars but that's all. I'm guessing the situation is bad :(
One Ferrari heavily damaged, the other was on fire. Barriers at Stavelot need repair.. which is likely why the race was suspended.
 
@RS__96__oO you are at the track, what part, could you help enlighten us all here???
 
Helicopters landing on circuit :(
 
2 helicopters.......
 
Helicopter there.
 
Not until they know the outcome of the drivers.

Given that they're lifting them straight from the crash site it looks very serious. I guess we're used to seeing drivers climb out of little piles of carbon fibre and hop over the barrier.
 
How many cars are out from now?
 
Since I'm not completely familiar with Blancpain.. what's with the guy in front of the #3 Audi pit in the Cosworth shirt? Does Cosworth have connections in the series?
 
Bit silly John Watson and everyone else act like nothing happened.
 
We can not jump to conclusions, but this does not look good at all !!!

If the race restarts, lot of cars could get in trouble (read = not starting anymore)....
 
Just saw aftermath of crash. Not good........
 
On the world feed someone commented that "Marcus Mahy is in serious condition", don't know if it's his assumption or he heard it from an official source.
 
On the world feed someone commented that "Marcus Mahy is in serious condition", don't know if it's his assumption or he heard it from an official source.
He was airlifted directly from the crash area, so it must be pretty serious.
 
This is the worst race of the season. I stepped out to run some errands and pick up some food and next thing I know it's red flagged....
 
He was airlifted directly from the crash area, so it must be pretty serious.
Would they airlift pilots in case of broken bones? Difference here is if it's a bad injury which calls for a heli or does that only happen when the injuries are life threathening?
 
Guys, what happened? :nervous: I just tuned in to see a red flag...
 
Guys, what happened? :nervous: I just tuned in to see a red flag...
Vadim Kogay hit Marcus Mahy. Mahy was airlifted directly to hospital.

Kogay is that bastard who doesn't know how to turn a corner
 
What an idiot, no comment. I'm ok if he wants to do off-roading on racetracks, but hitting other drivers... shameful! :yuck:
 
Would they airlift pilots in case of broken bones? Difference here is if it's a bad injury which calls for a heli or does that only happen when the injuries are life threathening?

Helicopter is used in case of 'critical cases' otherwise they use the ambu to bring the pilot to the medical center.
 
Would they airlift pilots in case of broken bones? Difference here is if it's a bad injury which calls for a heli or does that only happen when the injuries are life threathening?

Not necessarily life-threatening. He could just be unconscious.

But it's certainly more serious than concussion like the other incident earlier.
 
Kogay is that bastard who doesn't know how to turn a corner
I don't understand how he became allowed to race when he can't drive and why they let him continue after Monza...
 
Would they airlift pilots in case of broken bones? Difference here is if it's a bad injury which calls for a heli or does that only happen when the injuries are life threathening?
They'd only airlift if there were serious injuries that the medical center at the track wouldn't be prepared to handle. I can only guess that the direct airlift was due to Stavelot being all the way across the circuit.
 
This is the crash, right? :eek:

 
Back