2014 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,574 comments
Got to admit that Infiniti is hot!

Surely that will be RWD, if its a Factory effort then that might be where Plato is going.

A new manufacturer on the grid.. with a RWD car... can't see TOCA changing the RWD regs too much for next year.

This is how you tent

BTCC_Brands_Hatch_2014-024.jpg

More here[url="http://"][/URL]

I'm definitely hoping it comes to (V8)Supercars. It's what should have been. Could still happen if Kelly Racing...(I'll save it for the other thread. Here's hoping Honda change up to a sedan again. I'm hyped!

I'm definitely hoping it comes to (V8)Supercars. It's what should have been. Could still happen if Kelly Racing...(I'll save it for the other thread. Here's hoping Honda change up to a sedan again. I'm hyped!
Not 100% sure but I thought Honda decided they will go with the Type R Civic as its Base for the 2015 Car

Anyone Heard of those Drivers they Signed for Infiniti?

I think it's a Fairly an Illogical lineup without atleast 1 Class driver like Jordan or Plato or even their own Factory Drivers like Buncumbe from GT.

Last edited by a moderator:
The maximum grid size has to be 32 cars because some of the circuits are limited to only32 cars
Copied and pasted from a post on the BTCC.net forum by Alan Gow (Mr BTCC himself)

Brands (Indy) 32
Rockingham 36
Thruxton 38
Croft 36
Oulton (Island) 32
Donington (national) 36
Snetterton 38
Knockhill 32

Anyone Heard of those Drivers they Signed for Infiniti?
They were regulars in the Super Touring classics championship this year.

Yes. I just read a clip about Honda wanting to keep team dynamics and more likely, using the new type r. :(
The choice of using the Estate this year was an odd one. It felt more like they were making it based more on marketing than what was good for the team.

To answer anyones question about being a Factory team thats a yes.
No

Quote:
The NGTC specification cars will be based on the Q50 model and Infiniti will be supporting and endorsed by the project, ‘its not a works team, we are not using that term, we at Infiniti are sponsors, just as we are with Red Bull’ a Senior Marketing Executive stated at the cars launch in London.

They were regulars in the Super Touring classics championship this year.

And David Palmer sr team owner of this team was also the team owner of nissan back in the late 90's

They said they hadn't decided if it was to be fwd or rwd at the launch, so they must have had an idea how to circumvent the regs to make it fwd.

They said they hadn't decided if it was to be fwd or rwd at the launch, so they must have had an idea how to circumvent the regs to make it fwd.
The Q50 is rear or four wheel drive, so they could easily make it front wheel drive in the same way that the A4 (front or four wheel drive) is rear wheel drive in BTCC.

The Q50 is rear or four wheel drive, so they could easily make it front wheel drive in the same way that the A4 (front or four wheel drive) is rear wheel drive in BTCC.

The Audi is rwd because it's got a longitudinally mounted engine which somehow doesn't allow for fwd in the NGTC regs. The Seat Exio would be the same if anyone decided to build one.

The Q50 is rear or four wheel drive, so they could easily make it front wheel drive in the same way that the A4 (front or four wheel drive)
Wasn't that for the A3 instead?

Back