2014 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Brawn to oversee VW/Audi F1 in 2017?
Eddie Jordan rumor....

Yay!!! for Lewis!, but i feel sorry for Nico at the same time, though i wouldn't change the result for anything.

:)

It would be completely stupid to put Magnussen back to GP2, either farm him off to a lesser team or have him as Mclaren 3rd driver until JB retires.
Not possible, all seats are filled for next season(only the 2nd STR seat is open but you would be insane to think Redbull would help Mclaren like that lol) and 3rd driver literally means nothing but sit on the side not driving all year.

Brawn to oversee VW/Audi F1 in 2017?
Eddie Jordan rumor....

Didn't they plan to join F1 in 2016? Also, wasn't Audi collaberating with BMW rather than VW?
So many questions, however I'd love to see Audi in F1. They haven't been really successful in recent years in DTM, so that step could be a new challange for them.

Didn't they plan to join F1 in 2016? Also, wasn't Audi collaberating with BMW rather than VW?
So many questions, however I'd love to see Audi in F1. They haven't been really successful in recent years in DTM, so that step could be a new challange for them.

Audi with BMW, that makes zero sense tbh.

I'd doubt there'd be a Audi BMW collaboration (very much arch competitors), but i too would like to see Audi in F1.
However it's just a rumor, (but 'EJ' has been correct in the past), so we'll just have to wait and see.

I'd doubt there'd be a Audi BMW collaboration (very much arch competitors), but i too would like to see Audi in F1.
However it's just a rumor, (but 'EJ' has been correct in the past), so we'll just have to wait and see.

Then why is the BMW shop near my House full of Audis o_O

If it was Button's last race I hope hé will have a decent "goodbye".

Probably hé will move to WEC and I am sure teams would love a quality driver like Button. Nissan maybe?

Audi with BMW, that makes zero sense tbh.

You're right, I had this information from Fast Lane Daily and since he said VW very quickly it came out as BMW or at least I've understood it that way. It seemed surprising, but then again I didn't further asked this.

Anways, like I said, would love to see Audi in F1, however they'd probably ditch WEC and DTM for it, so a little indifferent about it.

Yep, true sportsmanship from Rosberg! They're opponents on track, but they're friends, and in the end I think Hamilton would've done the same, if Nico would've overcome the odds and won the WDC

HwxR5TC.jpg

63459_10152432745157411_4346064748294925984_n.jpg

Not gonna lie; they both look to be faking smiles to me, at least in the top photo. It's little surprise if they were though. As succesful a year as they've both had, it's also been hard fought. So they're probably both emotionally drained from it.

They have said in previous interviews that they are definitely not friends, they just have a healthy respect for one another and that's what you would expect from good sportsmanship.

They have about as much friendship between each other as you could expect for 2 team mates fighting for the title in the best car, a fast car generally brings out the worst in drivers because so much is at stake.

It clearly is a compromised friendship at best, but i'm sure that'll change, once they both hang up their gloves and walk away from the sport at the end of their careers.

It so easily could of went the other way .

Hopefully they solve this mguk issue for 2015 or else expect to see more dnfs

I am hoping Honda have reverse engineered the Merc engine and can duplicate it , if so at least we will get some healthy competition . Rumour is that Honda has duplicated and increased the power but not the fuel efficiency .

They have said in previous interviews that they are definitely not friends, they just have a healthy respect for one another and that's what you would expect from good sportsmanship.
Call me niave but I think that was mind games, more than anything else. What better way to get into the head of your title rival and long-term friend, than to say they're not you're friend? When you've known each other so well, and for so long, it's going to upset them somewhat.

Also I can understand why such things would have been said after conflicts. I'm sure we've all had occasions in our lifes where we've gotten into fights with friends, and sworn afterwards that we'd never have anything to do with them ever again; only to realize later how ridiculous we've been.

Shame it had to finish like that but that's what's happened, Nico put up a great fight throughout the year but Lewis deserves this and that start was phenomenal!!!

Riccardo my driver of the day, tense race...

Race was good in the mid field (unlikely to be exciting up front :P), some great racing especially from Alonso, Ricciardo and Button, hope this isn't Buttons last race, I think Mclaren would be crazy to keep KMag instead. Also hope someone can compete with Mercedes next season so we can have a fight for the championship.

Race was good in the mid field (unlikely to be exciting up front :P), some great racing especially from Alonso, Ricciardo and Button, hope this isn't Buttons last race, I think Mclaren would be crazy to keep KMag instead. Also hope someone can compete with Mercedes next season so we can have a fight for the championship.

I don't really think it has to do with Button's performance throughout the season, but rather the age. And maybe he even wants to find a new challenge. :)

I hope this wasn't Button's last race too but at the same time, I think he should move aside for Kevin. Jenson is still quick but his best days are behind him in my opinion, and I think we're yet to see the best from Magnussen. Remember Kubica? He was beaten in his full debut year (2007) by his team-mate Nick Heidfeld who as we know, was consistent and relatively quick, but nothing special. Then in the following year Robert beat him, and was even seen as a title contender for a while. So I think it would be daft to write-off Kevin so soon.

Gutted that we didn't get the battle for the championship that everyone wanted and gutted for Nico. Been a fan of his since he raced for Williams and I thought he deserved a title this year.

As for the whole Jenson thing, I honestly think McLaren would be STUPID to pick MAG over him. Regardless of age, Jenson completely outscored his younger teammate and his racecraft is top notch. Some of the tire change calls that Jenson has made in the past have been phenomenal. Add to that a previous working relationship with Honda, the experience of Alonso and I think McLaren could have a superteam on their hands if they were to keep Jenson. I've got nothing against MAG, but it seems like a no-brainer to me.

Yeah, but then you'd have drivers who are 33 y/o (Alonso) and 34 y/o (Button), I don't really think that would be the smartest thing to do. Magnussen may not be as good as Button is, but he's 22 y/o and he has shown his potential with his second place in Australia and I do think that he has quite a bit of potential, after all it was his first season.

Awesome start by Lewis, he sure knows the tricks of Mario Kart. Unlucky Nico but shows how easy it could have been other way around if Lewis had failure instead, no points scoring races sort of evened itself out this year so if a failure happened, it was good it happened this way around.

Awesome job by Daniel Ricciardo, outqualifies his teammate by over 6 tenths but ends up starting behind him in the pitlane. Still beats him by nearly 35 seconds and gets his first fastest lap of race.

Yeah, but then you'd have drivers who are 33 y/o (Alonso) and 34 y/o (Button), I don't really think that would be the smartest thing to do. Magnussen may not be as good as Button is, but he's 22 y/o and he has shown his potential with his second place in Australia and I do think that he has quite a bit of potential, after all it was his first season.

F1 drivers don't really seem to have a massive age cap on them though. Button and Alonso could have somewhere between 3 and 7 years of high level competition left in them. I don't see why you'd pass up the best driver right now for what might be the best driver in a few years.

If they hadn't fluffed around for so long, Magnussen would have been quite capable of getting a drive somewhere else on the grid, and then he'd be available to them later on if they wanted him back. It'd be hard to take it too personally when you're having Button and Alonso taken over you, they're quality.

Because I'm a bit dull, inspired by the 'What if NASCAR used F1 points?' article FOX ran recently, I had a go at a 'What if F1 used NASCAR points and a Chase system?'

Worked out like this:
- 43 points for a win down to 22 for 22nd (calculated by 22 for a win down to 1 for 22nd, then 21 points added per race started), 1 point for leading a lap, 1 point for most laps lead (except for championship contenders in the final race)
- 0 points scored if DSQ or DNS (not sure what NASCAR scores for a DNS)
- 8 drivers enter the Chase; 2 eliminated per round until 2 left for the final

Chase system:
- Rounds 1-12 (Australia to Belgium)
- Challenger Round: 13 & 14 (Italy and Singapore)
- Contender Round: 15 & 16 (Japan and Russia)
- Eliminator Round: 17 & 18 (USA and Brazil)
- Championship: 19 (Abu Dhabi)

Results (screenshotted to make it all line up):
F1 NASCAR points style.JPG

- Hamilton, Rosberg, Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas, Alonso, Button and Hulkenberg enter the Chase (not necessarily in that order)
- Button and Alonso eliminated in the Challenger round
- Hulkenberg and Ricciardo eliminated in the Contender round (Ricciardo tied with Vettel, but Vettel's 3rd place in Japan gets him through)
- Bottas and Vettel eliminated in the Eliminator round
- Hamilton beats Rosberg in the final

Caveats:
- Drivers would obviously race differently if the Chase existed in F1.
- As I'm not very computery, all the maths was done in my head, so there's probably several mistakes. Take this with a pinch of salt.

Back