2014 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Hmmm, the question is will Caterham and Marussia still be in for next year?

Caterham seems hopeful, Marussia says not to count them out, but realistically speaking, Marussia the company is defunct, but they could still come under a different name.
Both Marussia and Caterham are being renamed to Manor Grand Prix and Malaysia Racing Team, respectively.

source http://www.fia.com/2015-fia-f1-world-championship-entry-list

Yeah obviously but a team order is still a team order. If they told him to box he HAS to box and they were good sports to let him finish without the shame of retirement.

Remember Multi 21

That team order was ignored

And the contact between lewis and rosburg was due to they ignored the you can fight but dont be stupid order

5OsyqMD.png

Too bad it wanst really down to the wire but in the end it was Poetic Justice... ultimately what kept Rosberg on the title fight this long was what took all the chances away from him... reliability issues.

Whatever anyone might say Hamilton was the better racer this year and it was well deserved.

On-track, he was certainly the best racer.

But off-track? I disagree. Some of the nonsense that was going on in the Mercedes garage really soured the title fight - and by extension of that, the title.

But off-track? I disagree. Some of the nonsense that was going on in the Mercedes garage really soured the title fight - and by extension of that, the title.
It's important that you sort your off track performance in the title fight.

This is racing not Hollywood who the hell cares lol.

Gutted that we didn't get the battle for the championship that everyone wanted and gutted for Nico. Been a fan of his since he raced for Williams and I thought he deserved a title this year.

As for the whole Jenson thing, I honestly think McLaren would be STUPID to pick MAG over him. Regardless of age, Jenson completely outscored his younger teammate and his racecraft is top notch. Some of the tire change calls that Jenson has made in the past have been phenomenal. Add to that a previous working relationship with Honda, the experience of Alonso and I think McLaren could have a superteam on their hands if they were to keep Jenson. I've got nothing against MAG, but it seems like a no-brainer to me.

I think it would be stupid of Button to want to stay at the totally incompetent Mclaren. He would be better off in WEC with any team.

And you are privy to what is said and goes on behind closed doors?

I hope you are not taking PR in any way seriously and not recognising it as pure smoke and mirrors for public consumption are you?

I think it would be stupid of Button to want to stay at the totally incompetent Mclaren. He would be better off in WEC with any team.

I have the feeling he isnt staying in Mclaren... why would he do those donuts after the race... Im pretty sure that was his farewell to F1. :indiff:

Not KERS, ERS which is worth about 160 bhp this season over 33 seconds of a lap compared to KERS which was worth around half of that for around 7 seconds a lap and its usage was controlled by the driver, I'm not an expert on it but by losing ERS you lose that power and it effects the braking of the car.

I think both drivers were pushing hard as you could see by the unusually high fuel consumption so Hamilton and Rosberg were probably risking a failure of some sort.

Not KERS, ERS which is worth about 160 bhp this season over 33 seconds of a lap compared to KERS which was worth around half of that for around 7 seconds a lap and its usage was controlled by the driver, I'm not an expert on it but by losing ERS you lose that power and it effects the braking of the car.

Ok.

The acronym's blur the lines somewhat, as implementation is completely different. The name is fairly generic, in that Energy is recovered back into the engine in both cases. In both cases though, you get a significant amount of braking just from lifting off the throttle when they are working as the motors collect charge (Electric Generators) and the brakes will be made and setup to account for this. Without it, the cars braking system is unbalanced and the rear brakes themselves are asked to do more work to compensate.

Maybe the people who admire and respect the drivers. It's very difficult to do that when those drivers resort to nonsense off the track.

I, for one, don't care at all for the behind-the-scenes nonsense anyhow. Nearly everything these drivers and teams say is so over-scrutinized to begin with, that it's actually quite easy to filter it all out. And the same goes for my thoughts of those in all manner of sport, musicians, singers, actors/actresses, scientists, artists, and most folks outside my own family. The idea that we should care is folly. The minor distractions are fodder for sheep keen to distract others with ephemeral moving shadows, comforts those who have tacitly declared their own lives as unimportant.

As the old adage goes: when the flag drops, the BS stops.

Last edited:
I'm delighted for Lewis - he thoroughly deserves the championship. Nico was impressive, and at times I thought that he had the measure of Lewis - he certainly seems to be cooler and calmer than Lewis much of the time. Lewis tries his best to stay cool/calm when things don't go his way, but it's not too hard to tell when he's putting on a front. Also, Lewis made more mistakes at crucial moments this season. And yet, when it came down to a straight race, Lewis beat Nico hands-down, and that for me is what counts far more than anything else... Nico is a great driver - Lewis is a champion racer.

As for the rest of the teams, I'm glad to see Williams do so well - I'm not a huge fan of Massa, but both he and Bottas were impressive at times, although there's still alot of room for improvement... I can see Bottas getting better, but I fear that Massa is at his limit, or even quite far past his best. Ricciardo was brilliant this season, and I would be happy to see Red Bull produce a car that gave him a shot at the title next year... Kyvat could also produce the goods for RBR, but my money is on Ricciardo. With the possible exception of Force India, the midfield were well below what was expected of them. For me, Kimi Raikkonen was by far the most disappointing driver of the year... there's simply no excuse for finishing with ~1/3 of your team-mates points, and at times it was easy to forget he was even there. Sauber also need to take a good long look at themselves... really disappointing for them to finish without a single point, but maybe their new driver line-up will shake things up a bit. Lotus also need to do better, and getting rid of one or both of their drivers would be good to see, although I believe that both of them are at least trying.

Next season/the future? I certainly hope Alonso is not secretly holding out for a drive with Mercedes in 2016, as he's going to have a LONG wait. Merc would be insane to let Lewis walk, and they should be bending over backwards to keep him. Similarly, if it were a choice between Rosberg or Alonso, I'd normally take Alonso - BUT, with Lewis in the other car, it has to be Rosberg all the way... As for McLaren, I certainly hope they keep Jenson but somehow I doubt they will - it seems crazy that Kimi can hold on to his seat when Button could be without a drive for 2015... it also seems unwise to hire Alonso if they suspect that he actually wants to be somewhere else, but what do I know?

It was enough to cost him pole, wasn't it?

If Hamilton makes a mistake because he is pushing too hard, it won't end with him in the wall or tangling with another driver. But Williams are on form (again), so if he repeats his Brazil error, he could lose a place or two.

I don't know, considering he's locked up before and still captured pole, perhaps his entire lap was crap because as I've said it seems Hamilton sets up his cars for Sunday in mind and so Nico was always going to be the better. Who knows it really doesn't matter.
He simply didn't back off enough. I was watching at the time and he really wasn't taking it that easy and if the tyres were that bad, he really should have been. Sure he would have lost a few seconds, but he wouldn't have dropped anywhere near as much time as he did by throwing it off the circuit. Yes he was instructed by the engineers to push but it's his job as the driver to accommodate their instructions, whilst taking the state of the car and tyres into account. No engineer is going to ask a driver to go faster than the level of grip available will allow.

Yes because we've seen these engineers be impeccable all the time...I'd say it's more Hamilton bias than anything else.

Yes because we've seen these engineers be impeccable all the time...I'd say it's more Hamilton bias than anything else.
I'd be saying exactly the same thing if Nico had done it. In case you haven't noticed I'm not afraid to say when I feel Rosberg has screwed-up either. In fact there's a short but good example of this four posts down on this page! ;)

Martin brundle (or Croft not sure) but one of them said the best thing about this season is we saw Alonso and Vettel fighting for low places. For me it's the worst thing about this season, loved the Lewis, Nico fight but I want the best drivers having a chance.

I'd be saying exactly the same thing if Nico had done it. In case you haven't noticed I'm not afraid to say when I feel Rosberg has screwed-up either. In fact there's a short but good example of this four posts down on this page! ;)

Good for you, if you want a pat on the back, but it does seem ridiculous to blame the driver, especially if a team boss is echoing what they've (any driver but obviously Hamilton in this case claimed. If you hadn't of been so keen to blame the driver I might not have gone the route of claiming some bias (doesn't help when you avatar shows Nico support either). But hey, you're the one that said you don't pay attention to post race info, and yet still want to argue the topic as if you did.

Oh and here is the article where Toto agrees with Hamilton http://www.foxsports.com/motor/stor...ave-pitted-hamilton-earlier-says-wolff-111014

On a race/season related note, it's funny that the press was so worried about Lewis having issues mechanically, that they jinxed Nico. And that part actually is sad for him, cause he shouldn't have gone out like that, yes he lost the battle I'd say on the start but still 11th doesn't do justice to his season.

Nah, I just noticed that Martini was missing from the caps that Massa and Bottas were wearing. The red stripe on the car itself was missing too

Nah, I just noticed that Martini was missing from the caps that Massa and Bottas were wearing. The red stripe on the car itself was missing too
Oh, thats because Alcohol Advertising in UAE is illegal, same thing with Bahrain.

Back