2014 Formula 1 Gran Premio de España Pirelli

• Thread starter NotThePrez
  • 349 comments
Hamilton did that last exit on lap 65 just perfect...

Now is Nico's only chance...

Now Nico locks up...

Now it's the final turn...

HAMMY WINS!

Point not taken.

Point taken.

I understood the point, why not start this argumentative BS after the race? In other words I don't really care when you want to hold this argument future wise don't bring it up until you want to have it done and you wont have to worry.

What a fantastic race. Driver of the day is Vettel for me, but Hamilton, Rosberg and Ricciardo all had fantastic races as well.

Race recap:

Winners:

Sebastian Vettel: From zero to hero. That was a cracking drive. Imagine how much sweeter it would have been if he hadn't had those issues in qualifying?

Nico Rosberg: Loses to Hamilton again, but he utterly beat him in terms of race pace. That should be a huge boost to his confidence going into the middle of the season.

Fernando Alonso: Terrific overtake... though with Kimi on another strategy, he had a good chance of doing it.

Neutral:

Daniel Ricciardo: Third place is very lonely. He did a decent job in the race, but lost too much time behind Bottas.

Lewis Hamilton: He's been playing mind games with Nico for so long, I think he's forgotten what it feels like to be on the back foot. Still won, but only just.

Losers:

Pastor Maldonado... crash and buuuurn, man. Crash and burn.

McLaren: Lapped by the race leaders... really?

Actually... every other team... come on guys... make it interesting!

I'm done. I'm out. Time for bed! Whew!

I understood the point, why not start this argumentative BS after the race? In other words I don't really care when you want to hold this argument future wise don't bring it up until you want to have it done and you wont have to worry.

I don't want to hold this argument any further, as far as I'm concerned it's done and dusted and I said what I think, nothing else.

Quick thoughts about the racing:

Great races by both Merc drivers, with Hamilton again being the better of the two, considering he was under great pressure from Rosberg the entire race and still didn't do anything severely wrong (the occasional lock up doesn't count as severe of course). Rosberg did a great race too, but in the end he is still beaten and that's what matters. He needs to up his game in qualifying to bring the battle to Hamilton, or else he'll remain always the second to pit.

Great races from the Ferrari drivers, nice to see Kimi on par with Alonso. Great battle, they are two of the current greats in F1 and it showed. Car looked nearly undriveable at times.

Great races by the RBR guys also, nice to see Ricciardo get a podium that counts.

I guess Bottas and Grosjean must feel dissapointed, but they did good. Massa not so much.

And that's it. Spanish GP, once again, not the boring event we all anticipate, but a thrilling race.

Not the greatest race as this year's Bahrain but still better than the other 3. I honestly can't see the patern to watch great races, which is great. I love surprises.

Anyhow, congratz once again to Merc. and that's one good drive for Vettel I say. Also, words of congratulate for Ricciardo as well!

Monaco can't come any faster! I love the bits of the cars flying. Lol...

Back