2014 Formula 1 Russian Grand Prix

If you don't like the RTL broadcast simply don't watch it.
Buy Sky and watch the races there and search the internet for livestreams.

Are you going to pay for my Sky subscription? If so, then I'm going to order it right away.
Not to mention that if you don't like my sarcastic comments, then don't reply to them and ignore them ;)

Wait, they replaced the pit crews with all Russian pit crews? I was not aware this is standard procedure :lol:.

Would explain ferrari's pitstop

They have that pit entry alarm on every circuit you know.
Not heard them on other tracks, you can hear the Russian one clearly and why would people ask the commentators what is that buzzer if they are on all tracks

Alonso is apart of ferrari or is he now team Alonso?

Probably the most boring f1 race this year not many overtakes have happened.
I assume everyone's driving safe after last week then?

Tell Rosburg not many overtakes done.
No one is driving safer, Bianchi's accident was a horrid roll of the dice that sadly got him injured.

The crash could have been avoided if it happened a split second later or before, a few degrees of steering, a understeer on the corner before.

The track is fresh with huge grip so not many are going superslow.

Are you going to pay for my Sky subscription? If so, then I'm going to order it right away.
Not to mention that if you don't like my sarcastic comments, then don't reply to them and ignore them ;)
You hate the RTL broadcast so don't watch it. There are enough alternatives.
It's not about me liking your comments or not, it's about that I highly doubt anyone here really cares about your broadcasting "problems". I'm not even sure how many here even know RTL.

Well Mercedes is set to win their first Constructor's Title at the end of this race if they get a 1-2 finish.

You hate the RTL broadcast so don't watch it. There are enough alternatives.
It's not about me liking your comments or not, it's about that I highly doubt anyone here really cares about your broadcasting "problems". I'm not even sure how many here even know RTL.

There are no decent alternatives, other than Sky really, and since I'm not willing to pay this much for good TV broadcasts, there aren't really a whole lot.
There are quite a few, that will probably (at least) heard of RTL and I'm really just posting this, because there wasn't really a whole lot to discuss and talk about the race.

So again, if you don't like my comments, that's fine, ignore them. But that's not going to stop me from posting about it, only if a mod would tell me to stop.

Is this mic on? Uh... hello, Soichi... the race is over... you can leave your seats and file out the exits...

Expected win from Hamilton. Unexpected how easy that was... And it might help him at the end of the season to have very little wear and stress on that motor from this race.

Terrific recovery drive from Nico... fifty two laps on one set of tires, while overtaking... great job.

Bottas... well... maybe next time. Nobody expected him to have better race pace than the Mercs, but he would have hoped to have better race pace than a Merc on fifty-two lap old tires! Massa, on the other hand...

TERRIFIC result for Button. Great job both in qualifying and the race. And great result for McLaren as a team, with Magnusson right behind him.

Good race for Ferrari... Alonso and Kimi both in the points... but they would have been hoping for more.

Then there's the Bulls, coming where you'd expect them on such a fast track... and Perez managing to keep that car going, somehow.

But in the end... the race wasn't quite as epic as the start was. Shame. Next year, they will really need to push the tire choice to make it more interesting.

Great result for Lewis - only wish that Bottas might have taken 2nd place to maximise the pain for Rosberg, but it wasn't to be. 4 wins in a row for Lewis once again... quite amazing that he is only 17 points clear of Rosberg despite winning 8 wins to Rosberg's 4, but still...

Shame that the race petered out so quickly - perhaps it has something to do with the circuit being so long and so new - very low tyre deg and too much distance between the cars.

Is Putin getting ready for the podium questions?? That won't be awkward at all.

Gosh that post race room's atmosphere was a tense one.

Not heard them on other tracks, you can hear the Russian one clearly and why would people ask the commentators what is that buzzer if they are on all tracks

I have heard that alarm at pretty much every track, usually when they are doing commentary in the pit lane both during the race and in qualifying. Might be that the Sotchi one is especially loud.

vladimir-putin-fingers-meme-generator-see-this-this-is-how-much-i-care-4aca6a.jpg

Agree with Vladimir on the race.

Latest Posts

Back