Putin "Ahh, I lost 5 when I wrestled a bear for two hours the other day..."

Putin "Have you ever wrestled a bear?"

Nico "No I haven't..."

Putin "Have you ever seen a man wrestle a bear?"

Nico "Uh, No..."

Putin "Nico, have you ever seen a grown man naked?"

thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Was speaking to some of the motorsport society people here at uni after the race, and we all agreed that the track was actually pretty good, a decent number of overtaking opportunities however it was the tyres that killed this race. This race was similar to most races were back before pirelli, in my opinion we have been spoilt by the number of brilliant races recently, this one wasn't bad just ok.

View attachment 238923

Putin "Congratulations"

Nico "Thank you"

Putin "Say, how much weight do you loose when you race?"

Nico "3 Kilos"

Putin "Ahh, I lost 5 when I wrestled a bear for two hours the other day..."

Putin "Have you ever wrestled a bear?"

Nico "No I haven't..."

Putin "Have you ever seen a man wrestle a bear?"

Nico "Uh, No..."

Putin "Nico, have you ever seen a grown many naked?"

thumb.jpg
"Have you ever been in a Turkish prison Niko?"

Was speaking to some of the motorsport society people here at uni after the race, and we all agreed that the track was actually pretty good, a decent number of overtaking opportunities however it was the tyres that killed this race. This race was similar to most races were back before pirelli, in my opinion we have been spoilt by the number of brilliant races recently, this one wasn't bad just ok.
Yeah, I hafe to agree. We have been spoilt but the pace advantage Merc have didnt help make a good race.

I feel like if they halfed the length of the straights put in some gravel traps it would be a much better track.

That said turn 3 is epic and it was awesome to see Jev battling it out around the outside of the corner

F1 doesn't do politics, which is exactly why the FOM feed focused on Bernie and Putin getting pally in the director's box as the race waned.

There were a few awkward minutes in the post race room for me when I thought that Lewis was going to blank Putin. I had a mixed sense of relief and disappointment when he finally acknowledged him and shook his hand. Deliberate?

Ah yes, Putin in the post race room also demonstrated disinterest.

Political or not, there was no need at all for him to be there. All of that nonsense could have been done off camera at the official sponsors' shindigs just like at every other race.

There were a few awkward minutes in the post race room for me when I thought that Lewis was going to blank Putin. I had a mixed sense of relief and disappointment when he finally acknowledged him and shook his hand. Deliberate?

I thought the exact same thing, I was like 'you just snubbed Putin lol!!, he's gonna off you'
Not so much deliberate though, I think Lewis had to fluff up his 'hairdo' first.

I was thinking it was a gesture of just not bothering with anybody and that he was p##sed off that he could be losing his seat to Alonso next season,plus what was all the 'I'm gonna move in front of you battle/crap' at the post quali photo shoot with Rosberg?

He talked to Bottas first so maybe he's going to Williams next year lol.

Ah yes, Putin in the post race room also demonstrated disinterest.

Political or not, there was no need at all for him to be there. All of that nonsense could have been done off camera at the official sponsors' shindigs just like at every other race.

From what I've read on the twitters Russian news coverage is saying how fantastic the race was and how happy everyone was with it, cut with footage of Putin everywhere and people smiling and random drivers saying the track was good etc etc...

Sounds like it was done on camera for PR, which makes sense

Ahh, we're falling for politic **** again.

I bet Putin was delighted that a Brit won his race! :lol:
Does it matter, who won the race - a Brit, a German, or a Finn? It couldn't be Kvyat anyway.

How many times does the president show up to a race?
The first F1 Russian GP is a historic event for this country and for all Russian motorsport fans. No surprise that The Crab visits such a great event.

Congrats to Lewis on his victory and let's keep it away from politics. The country leader (who also had driven a Renault open wheeler) just visited the first F1 GP hosted in his country, nothing bad about it.

Last edited:
He's training already...
photo-1289139137140-1-0.jpg
lol... My jaw dropped while watching NBCSN and I saw Putin in the car. If he was ever an American, or in a Dos Equis commercial, he would be "The most interesting man...

... in the world."
Large%20Image.jpg

No but really, the race was great, too bad for Bottas at the end of qualifying though if he did manage to beat Rosberg.. And too bad for Rosberg for trying to win it in the first corner.

Not a bad race. Sort of a shame that Rosberg may have cost himself the championship with that stunt in the first corner. I'm not sure he'd make the move again with the benefit of hindsight.

Ahh, we're falling for politic **** again.

Does it matter, who won the race - a Brit, a German, or a Finn? It couldn't be Kvyat anyway.

The first F1 Russian GP is a historic event for this country and for all Russian motorsport fans. No surprise that The Crab visits such a great event.

Congrats to Lewis on his victory and let's keep it away from politics. The country leader (who also had driven a Renault open wheeler) just visited the first F1 GP hosted in his country, nothing bad about it.
Ha, cute

AND PUTIN GIVES OUT THE TROPHIES. My God. The man is EVERYWHERE.

Look for him to be the Marussia reserve driver next year.

Now this makes me wonder does Marussia actually stands for My Russia? (Mah Russia) 💡

Now this makes me wonder does Marussia actually stands for My Russia? (Mah Russia) 💡
I believe it's a diminutive of "mother of Rus", Rus being the name of the original inhabitants of the country (hence the name "Russia").

Came here to say exactly this. The first few laps were a flurry of activity before they all settled down, and it would have been good to see attack and defence here when on tyres of different ages. The drivers enjoyed it as well, and it looked the part. This could be a real gem in the coming years now Pirelli have data.

Remember, everyone was caught out by the grip levels - they were significantly higher than expected.

The race really reminded me of Monaco a few years ago, when everyone ran for as long as possible in their first stint, expecting rain that never came. I think the same thing happened here - they were waiting for the temperature to drop by about 12 degrees Celsius (54 Farenheit), but it never happened.

The weather was 21 degrees throughout the race, so a twelve-degree drop would gave been unprecedented. As far as I'm aware, it would have been the coldest race in Formula One history. Certainly in the modern era.

The organisers have suggested that the 2015 race could be run at night, and while that does seem like an over-used novelty, I think it merits consideration here because it would practically guarantee an extremely cold race. Especially if they ran it in September between Monza and Singapore, or maybe in May.

Remember, everyone was caught out by the grip levels - they were significantly higher than expected.

The race really reminded me of Monaco a few years ago, when everyone ran for as long as possible in their first stint, expecting rain that never came. I think the same thing happened here - they were waiting for the temperature to drop by about 12 degrees Celsius (54 Farenheit), but it never happened.

The weather was 21 degrees throughout the race, so a twelve-degree drop would gave been unprecedented. As far as I'm aware, it would have been the coldest race in Formula One history. Certainly in the modern era.

The organisers have suggested that the 2015 race could be run at night, and while that does seem like an over-used novelty, I think it merits consideration here because it would practically guarantee an extremely cold race. Especially if they ran it in September between Monza and Singapore, or maybe in May.
I don't like the idea of MORE night races because each additional night race takes away from the existing ones.

But I do like the idea of a super cold race.
With the cars easier to drive and less physically demanding I think it would actually add a great deal to have more environmental elements for the drivers to contend with.

I don't like the idea of MORE night races because each additional night race takes away from the existing ones.

But I do like the idea of a super cold race.
With the cars easier to drive and less physically demanding I think it would actually add a great deal to have more environmental elements for the drivers to contend with.
I agree with not having more night races for the sake of it. But it seems to me the only way to guarantee a super-cold race in Sochi, so I'd make an exception here.

Back