2014 Formula 1 United States Grand Prix

• Thread starter yzfmike
  • 305 comments
Sadly, once again, the US has a shortened grid for a GP. Six in 2005, and now 18 or even possibly 17 for 2014 if Vettel doensn't qualify and the FIA doesn't allow them to race.

That shouldn't matter.

If he deliberately doesn't set a qualifying lap he should not be allowed to take part in the race.

Force Majeure is for honest reasons why a driver can't set a time, not for one who can't be bothered because he want to save his engine.

He will start though. The FIA hasn't got it in them to say no.

I simply meant 15 at worst case, which would have been if Force India didn't show up and Vettel doesn't take part in qualifying. My maths and reasoning wasn't why I raised the Force India point though!

Maldonado has arrived!

18n2hyg0imk0ajpg.jpg

I'm looking forward to a good race weekend, but already disappointed that a couple of teams won't be racing. Nonetheless, Red Bull's been turning up the advertising in Austin with a demonstration run of the 2012 car in front of the Capitol building and having a booth just off the street with Red Bull people that you can talk to.

Wings by chng8

Has no one mentioned this yet?
It's Movember. People sponsor you not to shave your upper lip for the month of November, and the funds raised are donated to mens' health charities and cancer research, usually bowel and prostate cancer.

Ricciardo is making an early start on it, I see.

Used to hate hearing that "Oh baby I don't know, why I love you so" song in GT5 all the time, and still hate hearing it now in every advert break on the F1 channel.

So does pretty much anyone who does Movember.

My neighbour's doesn't, but she's in her 80s.

So after the first runs, Nasr is faster than Massa.

Massa will surely have to retire if Nasr gets a full-time seat. I can't wait until young Irish F1 hopeful Bernard O'Lonso gets a drive.

Back on-topic... has there been any news on IRBR's plan for Vettel regarding the potential engine penalty?

I see no new "out of the ordinary" parts on the F14T. I guess they'll be testing the experimental parts next session.

So after the first runs, Nasr is faster than Massa.
Just awesome that the host country doesn't even get live coverage of all the practice sessions, but I guess it's better than the other races considering we actually are getting TV coverage of all the sessions. Normally it's just FP2, qualifying and the race.

Edit: Watching delayed FP1 coverage now, and Christian Horner said Vettel will be partaking in qualifying but they just have to watch how much mileage they do.

Last edited:
Back