2014 Grand Prix de Monaco

30 minutes to go in FP1 and the Mercs still look like they're carrying a 0.8 sec advantage even here.

Ricciardo only 0.235 from Hamilton now (19min to go). Apparently the rain chance is 50% for FP2 (radio comm between Perez and garage)

Just watching some onboards again... you get used to Monaco looking fast-but-easy from the onboards (I know it's neither, they just make it look easy).

Today it looks terrifying. Going to be a hell of a race! :D

Interesting that Lewis was posting toons on Facebook a few minutes before the rush harbour-side...

Formula1.com commentary is saying that RBR and Ferrari are both looking racy and could pull some surprises in FP2. To pull that surprise Ricciardo will need 0.5 second and Alonso the best part of a second. That'll be one hell of a surprise bearing in mind that the neither Merc has posted its best time yet.

Ricciardo once again quicker that Vettel. Just sayin'. ;)

Practice is practice as well. Just sayin. :)

FP1 is when they try new parts. Testing, testing, testing. Times mean nothing at all because they are all running different programs.

Formula1.com commentary is saying that RBR and Ferrari are both looking racy and could pull some surprises in FP2. To pull that surprise Ricciardo will need 0.5 second and Alonso the best part of a second. That'll be one hell of a surprise bearing in mind that the neither Merc has posted its best time yet.

Ricciardo once again quicker that Vettel. Just sayin'. ;)

Wouldn't really be a surprise... for the last couple of races it's been clear that the IBRB has better downforce while the Merc has more power. That was always going to favour them at Monaco. They need to qualify well, of course.

Don't rely too much on practice times, especially not in FP1.

As @GTPorsche just said, it's certainly hailing!

10376192_681771608556553_2211527276814447625_n.jpg

Oof! Cat amongst the pigeons time, methinks.

Rain now isn't really going to affect anything. They're not going to go out with no further rain predicted in the weekend, waste of time and huge risk of putting it in the wall.

Apparently this is a member of the RBR pit crew pulling Kimi out of the way of Seb's car. Did anyone see this happen?

10297617_681812695219111_30957146825575110_n.jpg

What the hell was he doing there in the first place? Seems like a daft place to be stood/walking with practice going on. He doesn't appear to be very happy about being manhandled either, even after he realises what's happening. He sure doesn't seem thankful.

What the hell was he doing there in the first place? Seems like a daft place to be stood/walking with practice going on. He doesn't appear to be very happy about being manhandled either, even after he realises what's happening. He sure doesn't seem thankful.

Well he thought his career at Ferrari wasn't panning out so he was taking up F1 photography.

As Kimi and Seb are good mates,could this just have been a prank?...
I know, stereotypically speaking, the Finnish are brave, but that'd be a pretty insane prank even for one of them.

Also if Kimi was there to intentionally hold up the RB, surely he could be severely reprimanded. I think it was probably a case of Kimi not paying attention to his surroundings (for whatever reason) rather than a prank.

I know, stereotypically speaking, the Finnish are brave, but that'd be a pretty insane prank even for one of them.

Also if Kimi was there to intentionally hold up the RB, surely he could be severely reprimanded. I think it was probably a case of Kimi not paying attention to his surroundings (for whatever reason) rather than a prank.
He was trying to get to his yacht via the fastest way possible.

Back